I've never seen so much hate for a skin without it even being released.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silmaril

12-11-2012

Lux keeps getting 'cool' skins, when nearly her entire fanbase (from what I can tell, by no means do I speak for everyone) wants her to get a more quirky skin.

If you asked any Lux player to pick a skin theme, how high do you think "Full-battle-mail" would place? It wouldn't even be top 10.

It doesn't even matter if the skin is good or not at this point (it's better than her last two for sure), the only thing that matters is that it's a skin that nobody really wanted in the first place.

It really wouldn't even be a problem then, but unless Riot does something quite out of the ordinary, it's going to be at least 8-9 months before we get a skin that we DO want. Lux players have been waiting two years for another quirky skin, and now it looks like we'll have to wait another. I'm not happy about that, and I'm sure others are not either.

SlumlordThanatos

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silmaril View Post
If you asked any Lux player to pick a skin theme, how high do you think "Full-battle-mail" would place? It wouldn't even be top 10.
Ehhhhhh.....if handled properly, I could see it. I could imagine Lux doing her Joan of Arc impression: waist-length hair, white armor with gold filigree, a cape, and her baton, and voila, a "Full-battle-mail" skin I'd be willing to buy.

But dull techy Space Marine power armor is not the proper way to handle it.

Twillera

12-11-2012

because, people didnt like the last 2, and the fact they released another skin no one wants means lux players are not going to get a new lux skin for a long time. they usually dont release skins for the same champ in succession, so we are stuck with the same skins for ages now. We probably wont see another lux skin for at least 6 months. Lux is very popular, and has very few popular skins (only spell thief seems to be widely liked). Every time they release a skin it decrease the chance she will get another skin (they dont want to front load one champ with all the skins, other wise teemo would have twice as many). they already have what, 5 skins? so her getting a 6th is unlikely any time soon.

TLR: they just released a skin, so she wont get another for a long time, and people like lux but not her skins, so they want a good skin.

Baron Bodacious

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter228 View Post
Here's one of my quotes from another thread.

Lux's past two skins have been military-themed, and suffice to say, I'm tired of seeing variations on the same theme, every time. It also doesn't help that Riot has been awful silent about it. IronStylus said he's get back to us, but it's been a couple of days...

All of Fiddlesticks' skins have been something different. Pirates, cowboys, ghosts, and party clowns. Lux has two magic girl skins and two military skins, soon to be a third. All I really want is some variety.
Right. And I get that. But a lot fo other champions seem to suffer this as well (and you have to admit, military is a very prominent theme for Lux so the idea isn't really that far out there). Xin has nothing but military skins. But that's okay, he's a military guy.
At least within the theme of Lux's military skin's there's variety. You've got front line soldier (ala Imperial Guard). You have a sort of Command and Conquer Soviet commander. And now we get a heavy armored, teched-out battle armor. you can't really say it's like wearing three different tutus.

Baron Bodacious

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silmaril View Post

It really wouldn't even be a problem then, but unless Riot does something quite out of the ordinary, it's going to be at least 8-9 months before we get a skin that we DO want. Lux players have been waiting two years for another quirky skin, and now it looks like we'll have to wait another. I'm not happy about that, and I'm sure others are not either.
Well based on Zigg's most recent release that isn't entirely accurate.

But I wouldn't mind seeing her get the skin some of the fans seems to crave so badly.

Rockpops

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombustablePanda View Post
I'm more worried that 1350 will become the new 975, to be honest.
You mean like how 6300 became the new 3150/4800?

THERES NO WAY THAT COULD EVER HAPPEN RIGHT GUISE?

vulcz

12-11-2012

There is no such thing as an overpriced skin.

If you like the skin, and you like the price buy it, if you like a skin and don't like the price don't buy it... It's hardly rocket science, riot isn't forcing you to buy anything.

The higher the RP cost, the harder the skin is to make afaik.

Prototype Viktor

12-11-2012

This Lux skin seems so mediocre. Honestly a pulsefire model would have fit quite well on Lux and would expand on THAT set of skins.

Baron Bodacious

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzyduzzy View Post
There is no such thing as an overpriced skin.

If you like the skin, and you like the price buy it, if you like a skin and don't like the price don't buy it... It's hardly rocket science, riot isn't forcing you to buy anything.

The higher the RP cost, the harder the skin is to make afaik.
That's all up to debate. But that doesn't really seem to be the case with Steel Legion Lux (especially seeing as how she's not priced at that amount).

Lunaria

12-11-2012

i think that it just looks like commando lux 2.0 would be the problem with it

there must be a ton of ideas out there that are perfectly good for her that aren't just polished up already used ones.