Is there a way to reset my ELO?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

12-10-2012

I wan't to start playing ranked games, but since I don't have a team and I'll probably find a lot of trolls and unskilled players around 1200 ELO on solo queue, I'm afraid I'll get unlucky and see my ELO sinking...

So, if I regret going for solo queue ranked, is there a way to reset my ELO?

TehomCD

12-10-2012

No, aside from waiting for the 'soft reset' that accompanies the end of every season of ranked play. It's pretty normal to sink down to 800-1000 Elo or so if you jump into ranked pretty quickly after hitting level 30. It's up to you how much it matters - personally, I really don't see it as a big deal. Any really good player would think my barely hitting gold at 1500 on an account or two is laughable and call me bad and not see a whole lot of difference between me and someone who's 600 Elo; it's all relative.

Judas Priest

12-10-2012

How does this soft reset work? How much "reseted" is the ELO by the end of every season?

Judas Priest

12-11-2012

bump

Sp4rKz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

No there is no way to reset your elo. Also for a soft reset they use a formula that bring people closer to 1200 but without putting them there. For exemple after a soft reset a 600 elo could be around 800. Also it's always possible to climb elo. Many player have proved it by dodging until they reach 0 elo then climb back up to 1400-1500.