Its ok. Garen falls off late game they said

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ep1cLeprechaun

12-11-2012

Hes been fine late game ever since the rework.

Niceguydan8

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra Warrior View Post
it's funny because garen has been about this strong for a LONG time.

if people stopped being retarded and ran armor pen runes/masteries with a ghostblade pre-patch, they'd see just how strong he is in teamfights. he will jump on any carry in a teamfight and 100% to 0 them and possibly one other squishy caught in your spin, every time, NP. he's been like this for so long and we still have morons claiming he's inferior to darius when his spin does twice as much damage as darius ult does, to multiple people. on top of being a more versatile character in general with far more favorable lane matchups with a harder to hard-counterpick top lane.

._.
-Okay for one I'm pretty sure ANY good Garen player ran armor pen runes/masteries
-He won't ALWAYS 100-0 a carry because (especially pre patch) he is VERY vulnerable to kiting and peeling
-I always thought the whole Darius vs. Garen comparison was dumb, but if you insist, Darius has a (bad) gap closer, Garen doesn't. Again, even more susceptible to kiting than Darius.
-Not sure I find Garen more versatile. I don't think he can make as many plays as Darius can and I certainly don't think he play as well from behind as Darius can (hue) If worse comes to worse Darius can just build really tanky and do an exceptional job at peeling for his carry, whereas Garen doesn't really do that all that well.

Basically he wasn't AS good as he is now solely because of BC. Yes, he was stronger before this compared his old self, but undoubtedly he is stronger now because of that item.

Critmaster Garen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

garen has so many counters, that he could use a little op damage, to be honest. as if his low mobility and the complete lack of ranged abilities was not enough, they added that stupid slow on his spin, so its even more easy to kite him around.

knockback abilities and abilities like anivias wall easily shut him completely out of fights. no matter how much damage he does, he will probably never be viable against a half decent team, as long as hes limited by his kit like he is.

i think garen will be the last champion, where cleaver stacking is a problem.

and i agree. cleaver stacking will be fixed and that should be the end of it. it doesnt need any nerfs. neither does brutalizer.

TheOmegaBunny

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra Warrior View Post
it's funny because garen has been about this strong for a LONG time.

if people stopped being retarded and ran armor pen runes/masteries with a ghostblade pre-patch, they'd see just how strong he is in teamfights. he will jump on any carry in a teamfight and 100% to 0 them and possibly one other squishy caught in your spin, every time, NP. he's been like this for so long and we still have morons claiming he's inferior to darius when his spin does twice as much damage as darius ult does, to multiple people. on top of being a more versatile character in general with far more favorable lane matchups with a harder to hard-counterpick top lane.

._.
so people r retarded? Why are you better then every single player until now? Garen cant 100-0 anyone if a taric was on their team nor can he vs graves. Legitimately he had hard times vs corki and ez just because of triforce life. I love Garen. But he hasn't always been the strongest. Don't act pro.

NuberGladHe8her

12-11-2012

It's no longer The Cape of Suns that he has too much of...

He now has Many Cleaves of the Blackness at his disposal.

Critmaster Garen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

the reason, why garen falls off is not just because his damage lacks. i dont think that was ever the main problem. (even though it was an issue)

he falls off, because other champions kits outscale his own.

prime example is jax. as soon as hes got some points in leap strike, he will have a spamable mobility tool. try keeping up with that as garen, who doesnt have a hard gap closer. dude is just jumping all over the place.

other champions just started to outrun him with inbuilt mobility and phantom dancers/triforce etc. even when he activated his q for his speed buff.

this combined with the fact, that hes too easily peeled off of his targets, is what still shuts him down lategame. all the damage in the world doesnt help, when you cant even reach your opponents.

King Lenny

12-11-2012

All melee champs without gapclosers fall off lategame.

TheOmegaBunny

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lenny View Post
Dear god. Its true !! :(

Critmaster Garen

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lenny View Post
some of those champions still work. olaf is a good example, since his ult makes him cc immune, which makes him nearly completely invulnerable to kiting and peel.

but garen is definitely one of those guys who fall off.

Nothing07

12-11-2012

Who said that?