Best Season 3 ELO strat?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ObviouslyRed

11-06-2012

Hi guys! I'm a female summoner looking for some strategies on the best way to approach elo gains for season 3! I have a few theories and was looking to get some insight and opinions.

I started playing mid season 2, and actually only started playing ranked about a month ago after having ~500 normal games experience. I usually play AP mid. However, for my first 10 ranked games, my friend convinced me he was an amazing AD carry and made me support for him. Needless to say, I regret not going mid. My first 10 games went horribly with him and landed me in the 1100 range. I felt horribly frustrated in this elo and only managed to pull myself up to 1300. With it being so close to seasons end, only the worse of the worst had been filtered down into this elo and trolls/afks were more common than not!

Now with season 3 starting I want to ensure that I have the best start possible! I'm going with a mid or queue dodge strat first of all haha. I'm definitely not going to leave it up to someone else to carry. However I was wondering when would be the best time to start queueing? Especially in regards to day 1 of reset. On one hand, people who are eager enough to queue on day 1 probably care a bit more about their elo and won't be trolling. However match pairing could be pretty uneven in the first few weeks, and queuing early could mean getting paired up against people out of your skill range, or getting teamed with people who are new/bad at ranked.

Just wondering what strat you guys are planning using when approaching season 3 gains! I know what it really comes down to is your individual skill to carry and the ability to lead the team, but I think timing is going to play an important role as well! Thanks for the input.

iDpark

11-06-2012

Well. I'd say that you should know how to play all roles, just so you know what everyone is supposed to do, and just for the ability to empathize, instead of "Uninstall, noob."

Second. A lot of pro players who have climbed up out of "elo hell" have mained support.
I do not believe that elo hell exists, and that mathmatically, trolls and feeders are more liekly to be on the other team, and more so if you duo with someone.

You also believe that you need to "carry". From mid. TBH, you can carry from any role. I'd say the hardest role to carry from is acutally ADC, because ADC is item dependent and stongest lategame, but by lategame, most games are decided. support can be the Third eye, and call out mias, ward other team blues and really help out and keep carries alive.

The best time kinda dosen't matter, but if I had to guess..... during the day or morning. Later at night also works 11pm and later.

As a carry, positioning is extremely important. I'd bad at it.

As a final note, 50% or more of all ranked players are below 1200. Don't think that 1300 is bad or anything. I probably belong where I am for now. 1200 range. Silver V ftw.

Look up other threads and strategies on Elo raising. Streams are good too.

Ex-850 elo player,
iDpark

ObviouslyRed

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDpark View Post
Well. I'd say that you should know how to play all roles, just so you know what everyone is supposed to do, and just for the ability to empathize, instead of "Uninstall, noob."

Second. A lot of pro players who have climbed up out of "elo hell" have mained support.
I do not believe that elo hell exists, and that mathmatically, trolls and feeders are more liekly to be on the other team, and more so if you duo with someone.

You also believe that you need to "carry". From mid. TBH, you can carry from any role. I'd say the hardest role to carry from is acutally ADC, because ADC is item dependent and stongest lategame, but by lategame, most games are decided. support can be the Third eye, and call out mias, ward other team blues and really help out and keep carries alive.

The best time kinda dosen't matter, but if I had to guess..... during the day or morning. Later at night also works 11pm and later.

As a carry, positioning is extremely important. I'd bad at it.

As a final note, 50% or more of all ranked players are below 1200. Don't think that 1300 is bad or anything. I probably belong where I am for now. 1200 range. Silver V ftw.

Look up other threads and strategies on Elo raising. Streams are good too.

Ex-850 elo player,
iDpark
I can play all roles however, I feel it's a lot harder to change the outcome as a game as a support. Unless you're playing someone like sona or leona who can hard initiate. The point of the story above though was that I trusted someone else to carry me when I should have just done it myself. And I didn't mean time as in night or day. I meant timing relative to the immediate start of season, or waiting a few weeks.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-06-2012

Win matches. That's the strategy to gain Elo.

If you believe your true Elo is significantly higher than your current Elo, the fastest way to start getting near your real Elo is by playing jungle or AP mid. However, once you're within 100-200 points of your real Elo, the best strategy is to play whatever role you are best at. Even if your best role is support, playing that role, when you're this close to your real Elo, is the best way to ensure the highest possible win-rate for yourself. And the higher your win-rate, the faster you gain Elo.

iDpark

11-06-2012

I'd wait a few weeks for everyone to settle back into their normal elos, and for all the pros to get out of my elo bracket.

Again, more chances of weird things happening on the other team.
and I only play supports that can initiate or counter initiate.
Lulu is kinda funny.

Initiate runs in, SQUIRREL!

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Just knowing ap mid hugely cripple your ability to win ranked game, especially when you happen to get matched with a team of 5 people who all main and only ap mid.

Learn some more roles, expand your roaster, and pretty sure you can win much easier, even if your mechanics didn't improve at all.

Etherimp

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Just knowing ap mid hugely cripple your ability to win ranked game, especially when you happen to get matched with a team of 5 people who all main and only ap mid.

Learn some more roles, expand your roaster, and pretty sure you can win much easier, even if your mechanics didn't improve at all.

This.

Early game is carried by Jungler and Support.
Mid game is carried by Mid and Top
Late game is carried by AD Carry and Initiator (Whoever that is..)

The "Mid or afk" strat won't work for you. You'll end up raging your team and your rating will drop.

Learn to be a strong Jungler and a Strong support. If you think Support doesn't impact the game or have the ability to carry then you obviously have to learn to play a better support. Many players have carried themselves out of low Elo by playing support.

Furthermore, don't queue with people unless you know that their true rating and your true rating are close.

If you insist on maining mid, you should learn to roam to other lanes and gank, and you should learn how to assist your jungler in counter-jungling and protecting his jungle from invasions.

Learn how to counter-pick. If you're First, Second, or Third pick you should probably be playing Jungle, Support, or ADC. Top and Mid should be picked last.

Communicate with your team during champion selection but don't make demands. I often do this:

Jungle > ADC > Top > Support > Mid.

This informs my team where my strengths and weaknesses are and lets them know that I am capable of playing anything but I am stronger in some positions than others.

First Pick has first pick for a reason: They have higher Elo than you. Don't argue with them over position/role. If you are last pick, you pick whatever is left over. This is why it's so important that you be strong in every role.

What time to queue? ... I would say if you want to avoid immature kids you should queue at times that they are in bed or at school. Weekdays from Midnight to 3:30pm.

I wouldn't worry about queuing up right after stats get reset. You are just as likely to be carried by a high-elo player as you are to get smashed by a high elo player.

And finally, nobody gives a **** that you're a female player. You're just another bunch of pixels on my computer screen and that's exactly how anybody who is playing you should see you.

IdleAltruism

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obviouslyred67 View Post
Hi guys! I'm a female summoner looking for some strategies on the best way to approach elo gains for season 3!
The only gender specific strategy I can think of is to exploit the fact that your male counterparts are idiots via grabbing a high ranking loser and have him carry you. For non-gender specific strategies, they have been pretty much covered to death and the search function probably told you so, hence the need to put in the "I'm a female summoner" clause.

Gl finding a sucker to carry you to trim next season! (it shouldn't be terribly difficult)

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

My strategy is to feed everyone else lies and bad advice so I can beat them all down!!

So protip: Karma is the NEW awesome support champ! She is wayyy OP and you should play her, esp if you see me on the other team!
Nasus is extremely strong when played mid. Hes the best solo champ in the game. Definitely learn him.
Fiddle jungle is really good too, but be sure to start RED. That way you can jump out, attack at range and snare the enemy! Blue not needed.

Hope this helps!!!

Neznika

12-10-2012

Quote:
My strategy is to feed everyone else lies and bad advice so I can beat them all down!!

So protip: Karma is the NEW awesome support champ! She is wayyy OP and you should play her, esp if you see me on the other team!
Nasus is extremely strong when played mid. Hes the best solo champ in the game. Definitely learn him.
Fiddle jungle is really good too, but be sure to start RED. That way you can jump out, attack at range and snare the enemy! Blue not needed.

Hope this helps!!!
Trolls...