New to game and need advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Danco93

12-10-2012

Hey guys, I'm new to Lol, Usually I play starcraft or guild wars but anyway just downloaded earlier and played my first game with a buddy against some bot's, I know I'm beyond a noob. I was wondering if you guys had any advice for a new player, I'm going to stick with Jarvan IV for now, as I got a little famialir with him. To be honest I just am a little intimidated by the community because i have heard from many people who have tried or play Lol that the community can be rough to new comers. The match was super fun and I'd like some adviceso I don't screw the whole team over when I play my next match which will probably be tonight.
thanks guys

Epsilon2012

12-10-2012

Biggest thing that annoys people is when you die alot....
...So the best advice for a new player is to...

---Learn how much damage your own champion can deal...
..and...
---Learn what spells the other champs in the game have/what they do/Their damage.

...Also, pay attention to what items your enemies are buying to see it you'll do less damage than usual, or if they'll do more.

GhoSTmaNFu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

If you want you can add me, i'm pretty good. We can play some games together

markksummoner

light079

12-10-2012

Hey if your looking to have fun at lol and get better at it i would suggest just getting straight into summoners rift 5v5 and experiment with builds and characters (if you need help just ask people in game it will probably be the best way for you to learn how to get better).

What you might want to do (i know i did seeing as ive been playing for a few years) is go to the store find a champ that you think will suit you and you think you will enjoy save up for them buy them and find a build that works then get good as them until you can afford somebody else who you think you might enjoy

If you need any help from me jsut add me to your friends and i could play some games with you to get you going...

the best of luck on the rift and hopefully you wont get to many trolls

my ingame name is :light079

Epsilon2012

12-10-2012

BTW, as far as Runes go...

-Save your IP and don't buy tier 1 or 2 runes.
-When level 20+ the first runes you should buy are the Flat Armor Seals and Flat Magic Resist Glyphs.(You'll use them on most rune pages)

light079

12-10-2012

also on the runes bit you might want to watch champ spotlights to get an idea of how you should build them as well as buying the right runes and getting the right masteries for them

xCust0m

12-10-2012

Last Hit
Learn what your role requires you to do
Watch gameplays
Get on Mobafire/Solomid for guides/builds
Don't leave games under any circumstances (unless your dog dies)
Read the Summoner's Code
Don't rage
Base your champion pick on your team composition