Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nerf Vi Plz

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kennyang

12-10-2012

I have played couple against Vi, and I think this Champ is really over power. She has high dmg skills, high mobility,op shiled, and her ulti ranged just way to long. I think roit really need to work her shiled part, it just being over power.

phar0ah1

12-10-2012

Vi is still being balanced out so I'm sure she will be adjusted before release but I think her shield passive is fine. Its a small percentage of her max health so that means they would have to build health on her sacrificing damage to block any significant amount of damage and it is a high CD to start when she generally has to unload all her abilities pretty quickly. Her mobility is not all that high honestly. The only mobility she has is in her Q and her ulti R. Akali, Diana, Ahri, Kat, just to name a few, all have similar type abilities but are much more mobile. Also her Q is a semi-charged ability and can be interrupted which will cancel out that mobility. I do think it is fine as is though since its also one of the aspects of her kit that is amazing. Being able to dash through some terrain and dish out pain is ridiculously fun!! I also don't think the range on her ulti is all that long considering she has to be able to get in range of those pesky ADC's. Although it may be adjusted downward as well. I guess none of us can predict how they will adjust her but I'm sure she will be balanced out before release.

TheTieThatBinds

12-11-2012

Quote:
Kennyang:
I have played couple against Vi, and I think this Champ is really over power. She has high dmg skills, high mobility,op shiled, and her ulti ranged just way to long. I think roit really need to work her shiled part, it just being over power.

Lol well, first of all, her Ult has the same range, as teemo's auto attack range...and thats too large?!

She has high mobility?! Since when? I have to buy Swiftness boots on her to make her even worth using because she is so slow. Yeah, she has her Q, but what happens when its on CD or someone silences you? Your boned, plain and simple. Her W was ok, until the nurf last night with the patch on the PBE, now it scales way lower than it did. IMO, she was pretty balanced, maybe a smidge too much damage from her W.

Gadalar

12-11-2012

Quote:
TheTieThatBinds:
Lol well, first of all, her Ult has the same range, as teemo's auto attack range...and thats too large?!

She has high mobility?! Since when? I have to buy Swiftness boots on her to make her even worth using because she is so slow. Yeah, she has her Q, but what happens when its on CD or someone silences you? Your boned, plain and simple. Her W was ok, until the nurf last night with the patch on the PBE, now it scales way lower than it did. IMO, she was pretty balanced, maybe a smidge too much damage from her W.

1: Yes it's too large, especially when it moves you into melee range and suppresses said champion. The only ones that can actually do something about that ult is morg and shaco but outside of that haven't seen anyone else that can, even Fizz.
2: A good Vi build consists of high mobility
3. No her W was op. aa into W passive procs then use all your abilities, enjoy dying at level 2+ because of it
4. I hope the nerf was big enough.

Spiku

12-11-2012

Quote:
Gadalar:
1: Yes it's too large, especially when it moves you into melee range and suppresses said champion. The only ones that can actually do something about that ult is morg and shaco but outside of that haven't seen anyone else that can, even Fizz.
3. No her W was op. aa into W passive procs then use all your abilities, enjoy dying at level 2+ because of it

1: So it's like Malz ult, but puts her in danger of the enemy team fighting her?
2: Building speed means you don't build tanky
3: Lategame W is lategame W; consider Kog'maw and Vayne
4: At present, it did a surprising hit to her laning re: farm/poke and sustain. She's a little underwhelming at present but people are having trouble isolating how she works and how she will be in the overall game based on their experiences.

I like to look at her compared to Riven or Jayce; where I find they are each providing more than what I get from Vi and more to the team too.

PerfidiousAlbion

12-11-2012

Quote:
Gadalar:

1. Her ult is around the standard range for a bruiser's gap closer. And it's a 1.25sec suppression. Even after tenacity most stuns have a similar duration.

2. Vi needs to build high damage numbers, a combination of extra MS and something that helps her stick to a target, durability and AS. That's an expensive build that won't come together until at least late game.

3. How on earth did she get into range to x3 AA a target without using her abilities? You realize that she's incredibly easy to kite without first using her ultimate, right? Even her Q is pretty bad as a gap closer

TheTieThatBinds

12-11-2012

Quote:
Gadalar:

1. The area was not too large. Teemo's autoattack range is 300, and guess what? You can stop her ult just by silencing her, then she's a sitting duck because she's initiated and cant do anything but AA.Anyone with a silence or suppression can stop her, ie. Malzahar, Morg, Nami, Urgot, Malphite, Sona, and the list goes on...

2. Yes, I do agree, but you can just build mobility on anyone...what makes it different on her? Nothing....

3. First off, if you initiate with your AA, you're doing it wrong. Secondly, you know how long it takes to stack those without any kind of AS? By the time you get one stack off, the opponent jumps on you and melts your face...at least thats been my experience until you get a few tanky items.

Gadalar

12-11-2012

@Spiku, PerfidiousAlbion, TheTieThatBinds

1.) Her ult places you in melee range, damages anything inbetween you and the main target, after you are in range the damage and suppression happens. You can try and run but if that ult targets a champion, you will get hit. This means that person will either die or from the damage after suppression or if you're lucky leave with less than 50% hp. Just about everyone is screwed when they get hit by that.

2.) I was 0/8/2 my last game only had shoes, brutalizer, zeal, phage. Yet once I got sheen after the 30 min mark cause of all the minion waves pushing to base I turned it around for us.

I went from 0/8/2 andt to 12/10/4 and we won the game cause I was starting to kill. My build was just Ninja Tabi, YB, TF, RH and I was wrecking their adc, support, ad mage, their vi, with less than 10k gold which was less gold than they all had.

3.) No that's what I'm implying, I'm saying her W passive into abilities deals an absurd amount of damage. Q applies it and a fully charged Q deals double damage, so if you can land a ranged Q to R the damage almost anyone's 50% hp because of the armor reduction and because denting blows is already applied, you R to suppress and E right after that's already wrecking anyone's hp.

Only directed at Spiku

4.) Not entirely 80% of the games played that include Vi, those Vi's even if they fully don't understand what they are doing are doing extremely well because they don't realize what's happening. As for those that do it's hard to counter her cause it really is.

You can silence her Q before it goes off and cancel it, but usually the ones that can silence can out damage her R/Ex2/Q combo.

At best is run away and hope to obliterate her with a gank before she gets a chance to do anything in retaliation because a Vi with 4 kills who can build some proper items on her will take someone down with her in a 1v5 or 2 cause it's happening.

I wish she wasn't this op and exploitable but she is. People building bruiser can be insanely annoying, people bulding pure ad with little hp are wrecking anyone they catch off their guard or tries to 1v1 her.

Komeiji Koishi

12-11-2012

Quote:
gypsylord:
Refactored the CC. No longer suppresses. Knockup still lasts for 1.25 seconds. Basically, the CC will last for the same amount of time (you can't cleanse or merc treads a knockup) but now you won't be locked out of using summoners like exhaust/heal/barrier).

People need to read, it's no longer a suppression.

And if they're smart the enemy team will blast her while she's running toward her target. She has no innate sticking power and must build phage or iceborn gauntlets to stick to her target, which means you can flash and dodge her Q after she blew her ult.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=32208446#32208446

TheTieThatBinds

12-11-2012

Quote:
Gadalar:
@Spiku, PerfidiousAlbion, TheTieThatBinds

1.) Her ult places you in melee range, damages anything inbetween you and the main target, after you are in range the damage and suppression happens. You can try and run but if that ult targets a champion, you will get hit. This means that person will either die or from the damage after suppression or if you're lucky leave with less than 50% hp. Just about everyone is screwed when they get hit by that.

To cast the Ult, you have to already be within melee range...how does it "place" you in melee range? If you see a VI laze someone, immediately silence her, and voila, a dead Vi, because she can't do anything for ~2 sec or more.

Quote:
Gadalar:

2.) I was 0/8/2 my last game only had shoes, brutalizer, zeal, phage. Yet once I got sheen after the 30 min mark cause of all the minion waves pushing to base I turned it around for us.
I went from 0/8/2 andt to 12/10/4 and we won the game cause I was starting to kill. My build was just Ninja Tabi, YB, TF, RH and I was wrecking their adc, support, ad mage, their vi, with less than 10k gold which was less gold than they all had.

This can be said for anyone really, not just Vi. So making this argument is moot. "El oh El Once I get *insert item* then I turn around the game for my team!"

Quote:
Gadalar:

3.) No that's what I'm implying, I'm saying her W passive into abilities deals an absurd amount of damage. Q applies it and a fully charged Q deals double damage, so if you can land a ranged Q to R the damage almost anyone's 50% hp because of the armor reduction and because denting blows is already applied, you R to suppress and E right after that's already wrecking anyone's hp.

Knowing a champions most efficient ability combo works the same way for any champion. If you know how to do it, you do the same thing with any champ, not just a single one...

Quote:
Gadalar:

4.) Not entirely 80% of the games played that include Vi, those Vi's even if they fully don't understand what they are doing are doing extremely well because they don't realize what's happening. As for those that do it's hard to counter her cause it really is.

You can silence her Q before it goes off and cancel it, but usually the ones that can silence can out damage her R/Ex2/Q combo.

At best is run away and hope to obliterate her with a gank before she gets a chance to do anything in retaliation because a Vi with 4 kills who can build some proper items on her will take someone down with her in a 1v5 or 2 cause it's happening.

I wish she wasn't this op and exploitable but she is. People building bruiser can be insanely annoying, people bulding pure ad with little hp are wrecking anyone they catch off their guard or tries to 1v1 her.

You can silence lock her down entirely making her unable to cast anything, and you can also cancel her Q AND Ult, but the ones with silences would silence her, and begin to rape her as she attempts to run away since she can't do anything. By that time, she's dead...

As far as her being exploitable, I have no idea what you are talking about. I have yet to see how anything she does is exploitable, as there are champions who share at least one of her abilities, such as shen, jayce, darius, irelia, and so on and so forth. So if she's exploitable, then all the above champs are too.