Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Draven Build (Trinity force and Manamura)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Smeeves

12-10-2012

Hear me out first, I've been yelled at so many times for this build. But it works very well, you get wicked burst.

I start boots and pots, as per usual, and buy sheen (and hopefully berserker greaves) on my first trip back. Second trip is Tear of the Godess, followed by manamune. Time to start stacking!

Around Mid game, I end up with Berzerkers, Manamune, Sheen, Vampiric Scepter, and perhaps a BF sword or Zeal.

Regardless, next I get Trinity force, then IE, then finish with Last whisper and bloodthirster.

Lets do some math, to see how it compares to a regular ADC build.

Say a regular build is Berserkers, Bloodthirster, black cleaver, last whisper, infinity edge, and phantom dancer.

Both these builds are pretty expensive, trinity force is ~16.1k, and standerd ADC is 15.5k.

So lets take a look at some numbers. At level 18, draven has 110 damage and 0.979 AS. We'll assume all the items are fully stacked here (manamune usually transforms for me at about 30 min, maxes about 40.)

The only two item differences are Black Cleaver+Phantom Dancer or Trinity Force+Manamura. So lets compare!

With Black cleaver, you get 50 more damage, and wicked armour pen. This Pen alone may be a game changer. Phantom Dancer adds 50% AS, 30% critical and 5% MS.

Compared to

Trinity force which is 30% AS, 10% critical strike, and 8% MS, and manamura is 20 damage + 2% of max mana (which is 44 more at full stacks), so 64 damage (more then black cleaver), but it also has the toggle to burn 3% of current mana and add double that as damage (works out to about 100 bonus).

The damage lays out as follows for each build:

Standerd ADC: 370 base + 315 (spinning axe bonus, 85% of base) to total 685 per hit.

Trinity+Manamura: 413 base + 165 (trinity force proc) + 350 (Spinning ax bonus, 85% of base) + 100 (manamura proc) to total at 1028 damage.

The trinity force only procs every 2 seconds, but you can make it proc every 2 second because W refreshes whenever you catch an axe, and with manamura you have the mana to sustain. So teamfights look like QWQWQWQWQWQWQWQWQ as you run around catching axes.

With both builds you get the criticals of IE, standerd ADc you have a 55% chance and 1.665 AS, with trinity force you have 35% chance with 1.469 AS.

What do you guys think? The Black cleaver armour pen may make up the difference here, but either way the trinity force has higher burst. Last game I played I two-hit the enemy ashe with it.

Smeeves

12-11-2012

Nobody? 153 views, no downvotes, no upvotes.... Everyone just apathetic?

Grailstone

Recruiter

12-11-2012

Sounds like something i wana try In a game soon

Guy on a bus

12-11-2012

It would work... if black cleaver weren't so powerful, but right now, stacking black cleavers is the best way to go right now. Apparently, after the third black cleaver, all damage is true damage regardless of armor.

Smeeves

12-11-2012

Quote:
Guy on a bus:
It would work... if black cleaver weren't so powerful, but right now, stacking black cleavers is the best way to go right now. Apparently, after the third black cleaver, all damage is true damage regardless of armor.

Haha oh my. Well in that case, just replace the bloodthirster and last whisper with 2 black cleavers :P But then you miss out on lifesteal....

EDIT:: Wait a minute... Wiki says that cleavers don't stack like that. If you have more then one cleaver, you just apply stacks faster, but still max out at 4 stacks.

" The Black Cleaver debuff counts per target. Multiple The Black Cleaver on the same champion or across multiple champions will only apply stacks of the debuff faster, but the max cap will still be 4 on each target."

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/The_Black_Cleaver

Smeeves

12-12-2012

Nothing? I've learned that this works amazing late game, but rushing sheen makes your early game damage low. So I'm now trying to rush BF sword and tear and vampriic sceptre, and perhaps getting IE then sheen and TF

Layla

12-12-2012

Draven could probably build whatever he wants and still output ridiculous DPS.

Ronyk

12-12-2012

Support, Mid, Top. Those are my best three in order. But I wanted to learn ADC (just to be a bit more well-rounded). I tried a bunch of different ones, and Draven is not only my best, but he is by far my favorite.

The first damage item I get on him is sheen, and my lane opponents generally don't know what hit them. I see better damage output from merctreads+sheen than I do from Berserkergreaves+BFsword.

I haven't thought of using the Muramana on him. Something I'm going to try in roughly ten hours from now.

Smeeves

12-15-2012

Quote:
Ronyk:
Support, Mid, Top. Those are my best three in order. But I wanted to learn ADC (just to be a bit more well-rounded). I tried a bunch of different ones, and Draven is not only my best, but he is by far my favorite.

The first damage item I get on him is sheen, and my lane opponents generally don't know what hit them. I see better damage output from merctreads+sheen than I do from Berserkergreaves+BFsword.

I haven't thought of using the Muramana on him. Something I'm going to try in roughly ten hours from now.

How did it go?

And yes, I've found there is no sense in rushing manamune. Just rush the Tear, and when its about to transform (600~ mana) then you buy the manamune for a nice damage spike.

Last game the enemy trist was 11/5/something and ended with 195 damage, and I was 11/3/9 with 403 damage. I had boots, bloodthirster, manamura, TF, and last whisper, she had boots, infinity, blood thirster and static shiv (I think).

Regardless, the more I test this build the more I like it. It's unorthodox, but excellent.