Whom do you feel the most sorrow for?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SonaGaveMeABona

03-16-2014

A champion that, whenever you read their tale, you can't help but feel a sense of sadness that this happened to them. That they truly didn't deserve their fate that was bestowed.

My choices vary between Nautilus, who I think is truly suffering underneath all that armor, & Amumu, who only wants to feel like he belongs somewhere, and not be sad anymore.

Poor 'mumu.

The Red Warden

03-16-2014

Viktor, all he wanted was to create machines.

Motajo

03-16-2014

Galio's and Poppy's stories are why I originally got them way back.

SecretLore

03-16-2014

May sound weird,because it was his own doing,but I think Xeraths story is kinda sad.
How his wife/girlfriend tried to stop him and he was thinking of stopping,spending his life with his family,but then his magic destroyed the surrounding burying his wife/gf at which point he had nothing to return anymore and proceeded with his ritual.
And now he seems to have forgotten her...

Iraeavin

03-16-2014

On a personal level, Lux, as she's basically most of my former high-school classmates. She's smart, talented, and cheerful; but her parents force her to "achieve more" because it makes the family look good. She doesn't have a say in her own life, yet must maintain that cheerful facade (and perfect marks).

Lore-wise, Nasus and Kayle have the saddest lore. Both of them are trapped in a world that's not their own with siblings who are insane and/or want to kill them.

Zeralyos

03-16-2014

I'm gonna put in a vote for Riven.

IMTOOJUICY

03-16-2014

Lux and her judgment drew the most emotional reaction from me. I was absolutely livid at Garen for the way he treated her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretLore View Post
May sound weird,because it was his own doing,but I think Xeraths story is kinda sad.
How his wife/girlfriend tried to stop him and he was thinking of stopping,spending his life with his family,but then his magic destroyed the surrounding burying his wife/gf at which point he had nothing to return anymore and proceeded with his ritual.
And now he seems to have forgotten her...
Wow, never read his judgment before til you mentioned this. Now I wish his character in-game reflected at least a little bit of what humanity he used to have. Also, because I am juvenile, I initially read his gf/wife's name as Labihuehuehuehuehu.

OuttaControl56

03-16-2014

Kassadin:

Guy is a archeologist and scholar of ancient knowledge, gets horribly changed by the void. He can't breath normal air anymore and has a vision of pure Armageddon. His daughter is killed and all of the Nations ignore his pleas for a united front against the threat the void poses. They also think he's a purple freak who can't be trusted.

Yet with all of the shet he's gone through, he still has the ballz and faith in the denzins or Runeterra to resist the void. He could easily just switch sides and screw everyone over.

By the way, he's in a 5v1.

Oh and he's lost his silence.

Jaredan

Senior Editor

03-16-2014
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonaGaveMeABona View Post
A champion that, whenever you read their tale, you can't help but feel a sense of sadness that this happened to them. That they truly didn't deserve their fate that was bestowed.

My choices vary between Nautilus, who I think is truly suffering underneath all that armor, & Amumu, who only wants to feel like he belongs somewhere, and not be sad anymore.

Poor 'mumu.
I agree with the marvelous thoughts by those who have already posted. As Iraeavin and IMTOOJUICY commented, Lux is a character who might have reservoirs of turmoil beneath that infectious enthusiasm. Her bio outlines that she was turned from socialite to superspy while still a kid. She survives those perilous adventures and has the strength of mind to seek another path. And yet, that Garen fellow still wears big shoes and casts a long shadow.

The most obvious ones for me would be Lucian and Yasuo, both have lost the most significant relationship of their lives due to the actions of others. Yasuo was, of course, an impetuous tyke, but it doesn't get more grim than having to cut down your own brother.

Olaf has always struck me as quite a tragic character, though he might not see himself that way. Essentially, the only thing he is terrified of is having a long and peaceful life. By extension, he would most likely avoid anything that would lead down that path, such as falling in love, having kids, and so on.

I know he would be too busy ripping through monstrous creatures like a blender to pause for those thoughts, but, from my perspective, it seems a tremendously sad and lonely life. Imagine that the bones in the fire spoke true and decades of seeking the ultimate adversary ends with Olaf passing from Runeterra peacefully on a death bed. Perhaps he is surrounded by a loving family he resents completely, or he is just attended by his own sense of complete failure.

The alternative is he gets what he wants: evisceration by something so awful, even he cannot survive it.

Yeesh.

Corvic Maractis

03-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredan View Post
I agree with the marvelous thoughts by those who have already posted. As IMTOOJUICY commented, Lux is a character who might have reservoirs of turmoil beneath that infectious enthusiasm. Her bio outlines that she was turned from socialite to superspy while still a kid. She survives those perilous adventures and has the strength of mind to seek another path. And yet, that Garen fellow still wears big shoes and casts a long shadow.

The most obvious ones for me would be Lucian and Yasuo, both have lost the most significant relationship of their lives due to the actions of others. Yasuo was, of course, an impetuous tyke, but it doesn't get more grim than having to cut down your own brother.

Olaf has always struck me as quite a tragic character, though he might not see himself that way. Essentially, the only thing he is terrified of is having a long and peaceful life. By extension, he would most likely avoid anything that would lead down that path, such as falling in love, having kids, and so on.

I know he would be too busy ripping through monstrous creatures like a blender to pause for those thoughts, but, from my perspective, it seems a tremendously sad and lonely life. Imagine that the bones in the fire spoke true and decades of seeking the ultimate adversary ends with Olaf passing from Runeterra peacefully on a death bed. Perhaps he is surrounded by a loving family he resents completely, or he is just attended by his own sense of complete failure.

The alternative is he gets what he wants: evisceration by something so awful, even he cannot survive it.

Yeesh.

Gotta ask pre-Freljord Olaf lore or post which do you think is better, sadder, and more exciting.

Also changing champion factions what is your take on that.

12345 ... 9