Should Riot bring back heart of gold?

Yes 13 40.63%
No 15 46.88%
Maybe 2 6.25%
I'm not sure 2 6.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Riot why'd u take out Heart of Gold?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SaveTheMaids

Senior Member

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordosan View Post
if you really want HoG back that badly just buy a sight stone. it gives you hp AND a ton of free wards. so mathmatically its better than HoG
Now if only I could buy Sightstone on other game modes besides SR.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lil Cuddles

Senior Member

12-30-2012

I think people miss the point why Riot got rid of certain items and added new ones... it was so there was some change in the game, more variety and hopefully more balancing. Whats the point of them keeping the exact same things over and over... all it does is encourage cookie cutter builds and the same old game over and over... with removing items such as heart of gold it offers a great change of pace and aspect to the game that some wouldn't venture to unless they removed said item.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChiSqrd

Senior Member

12-30-2012

Anybody else think it is funny that Heart of Gold makes the acronym HOG? Ya know, like hogging gold?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XIII Phoenix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-30-2012

When 80% of members of both team builded it, the item obviously have balance issues. It also made more variety for armor items since theres a reason to build something else than a randuins.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChiSqrd

Senior Member

12-30-2012

I think another reason had to do with the jungle changes. They didn't want junglers pressuring the lanes like crazy like on season 2 so with less gold income junglers will actually have to clear camps now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XCodes

Senior Member

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankChi View Post
I think another reason had to do with the jungle changes. They didn't want junglers pressuring the lanes like crazy like on season 2 so with less gold income junglers will actually have to clear camps now.
This is basically THE reason it happened. Sightstone effectively replaces HoG as an income supplement since everyone should be buying wards, anyway, but instead of the Jungler using it to compensate for not farming and ganking more, it's more of a utility for the Jungler to do their job of controlling the Jungle, not the lanes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sepetaiya

Senior Member

12-31-2012

HoG was op, again kudos to Riot... but i did like having a turtle shell item

I LIKE TURTLES anyone?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nea De Penserhir

Senior Member

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveTheMaids View Post
Now if only I could buy Sightstone on other game modes besides SR.
Those game modes that rarely last long enough to even pay back the amount you spent on it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xela Syab

Senior Member

12-31-2012

Did anyone ever buy randuins omen? Always saw hog but never Randuins.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vialley

Senior Member

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Cuddles View Post
I think people miss the point why Riot got rid of certain items and added new ones... it was so there was some change in the game, more variety and hopefully more balancing. Whats the point of them keeping the exact same things over and over... all it does is encourage cookie cutter builds and the same old game over and over... with removing items such as heart of gold it offers a great change of pace and aspect to the game that some wouldn't venture to unless they removed said item.
You mean like the new Cookie cutter builds ? only thing that changed is players are now changed like 1 or 2 items with something new thats about it and back to the cookie cutter


12