Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tank Gragas

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AGoodSandwich

10-12-2010

So, seeing how every game I join I am usually the one who has to be tank, I figured I trick out a Tank Gragas (mainly because I enjoy playing him)
Would i just get a couple of survival items then start stacking sunfires?

Suggestions?
HP quints
Armor seals? Dodge seals? Hp/regen seals?
CDR glyphs? MR glyphs?
Marks? Would I even bother with Arpen marks?

?/21/? Masteries

Thanks for your help

Foxylicious

10-12-2010

Rvan is just about the best gragas i've ever seen and he only plays tank, so I'd ask him if you have any questions on building him, I think he rushes Randuins Omen every game or Spirit Visage and uses mpen marks.

He's never lost a solo lane and usually kills whoever he is against, his ranked game stats are like 8.0 KDA and something like 80 or 85% win ratio lol.

hopefully this helps a little.

AGoodSandwich

10-12-2010

Cool Thanks
So I am thinking
Mpen Marks
Mana regen Seals
MR glyphs *still thinking of CDR glyphs though
HP quints
Masteries: 9(AP+spell pen)/ 6(MR+armor)/ 15(imp.ghost+imp.teleport+less deathtime+exp+manaregen+movespeed)
Spirit Visage, Merc Treads, Randuins Omen, Abyssal Scepter?

Cocoabutter

10-12-2010

I play Gragas loads. Rushing Omen is a good strategy for any hero that has a short cooldown initiation ability. ie, Gragas, Xin, Olaf(to a lesser extent)

HP Quints, Dodge Seals, CDR rest.

Omen, Merc Treads or if they lack disable Fast boots, Rod of Ages, Rylais.
or
Omen, Merc Treads/Speed Boots, Sunfire, Frozen Heart.

I generally go the first build. I don't have problem with tank-Gragas. He can soak up damage.

PainOfInsanity

10-12-2010

I've been playing gragas as an AP/Tank hybrid on smurfs. Building an RoA first, boots then rushing randuins.

Sraosa

10-13-2010

This is just normal, but I am about 20 and 3 when I play Tank Gragas. (Approximation).

Runes:

MagPen
Health/Lvl
AP/Lvl
Health Quints

0/21/9

Basic item build consists of:

Locket
Mercs
Spirit Visage

Doesn't sound too tanky at this point but the most important thing is to rush Locket. The sooner you get it the sooner you can push a lane without much worry. Omen should follow Visage, usually, based on enemy comp. This is also enough CDR to keep Rage up constantly.

I also run Teleport / Revive, seriously, as my summoner spells. Deaths happen, you're a key role, so get back in the fight immediately. On Gragas, I think these options are better than most other spells and always useful when available.