Why play Nocturne?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tarabull

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

I don't see the point to Nocturne with the games current standings. Nocturne has been sitting on my shelf for a while, so I wasn't discouraged to lose my jungle from counter junglers for the first few games. After a few more games and getting reacquainted with Nocturnes Q I started to noticed that Nocturne is kind of a joke in my opinion. His ganks are generally poor, his jungle time is very average, and he never becomes a threat on anyone radar. I've found that playing him with this new and improved League of Legends, that nothing seems to synergize with him. You build tanky, you do no damage. You build damage you're far to squishy to even take the ADC on 1v1. AD, AP, Tanky, or Bursty, Nocturne never came together for me like he used to when I played him last.

I figured I would start with the source of most problems which is player error. Normally I don't need to look up guides for characters and how to build them, because it varies from game to game on what you need. So I looked up a few builds and tried them when I could and still no synergy on Nocturne. I was still suffering so my next thought was to watch higher ELO players play nocturne. "Maybe I'm just always in the wrong place." I thought. Unfortunately, I watched jungler after jungler not contribute to a team with Nocturne. I finally witnessed a game where one of these Nocturnes had a positive K/D. He ended up being the cleanup guy. He would wait for the teamfights to end and , with a heavily warded map, he would clean up like a janitor. He would scrounge for kills like a hungry dog under a dinner table. Does this strategy work? Maybe, but this was in a High Elo and his team was more or less forced to 4v5. This can't be all he is good for. I hope not because this was the only successful Nocturne I saw in the 5 or so games I watched.

TL;DR What is the purpose of a Nocturne on a team? Should he not be jungling or should he not be on a team. I think he has a great tool kite, but I feel some things need to change to make him viable at all. Mainly I think he could use some CD reduction on some of his abilities, and the range on his rank I ult is a joke. Anyone that wards can avoid it cosidering it doesn't even reach the bushes in the top or bottom lanes from the tri-bush.

TheRandomJoe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

Nocturne is fine where he's at.

XxxLumberJackxxX

12-10-2012

BC wards are OP and nocturne still ganks like gawd.

Tarabull

12-10-2012

I can see I was going to get nothing but sarcasm. It's okay because I found the one Item the puts Nocturne together. Spirit of the Ancient Golem really pulls Nocturne together. In light of this information I have no problem saying "**** you, you sarcastic ****s." I tried to be polite but you would have none of that. I'm so happy I found it that I don't give a **** what your opinions are anymore.

Bai, Love you *******s. <3. Feel free to suck my dick Joo. <3

XxxLumberJackxxX

12-10-2012

Actually nothing I said was sarcastic, it was completely relevant to your post.
If you don't understand why i'm sorry your comprehension of basic game mechanics are poor.

Also I wish I could flag this posting to have you banned from the forums and the game.

lastchancexi

12-10-2012

He has a much better build than he did in S2. Wriggles --> Mallet is so much stronger than in S2.

Uncanny Doom

12-11-2012

He has fast clear speed (only Shyvana, Mundo, and maybe Skarner can clear faster), solid ganks pre-6, insane ganks post-6, and scales very well into late game. He can initiate fights, he can peel for carries, and he can dive carries.

Why NOT play Nocturne is the question.

whatever L

12-11-2012

nocturne is actually a very good jungler because he has enough sustain in the jungle, ganks fast, can dive and can block spells which might interrupt his fear. he can clear the jungle pretty quickly and the best thing is, he can gank at lvl 2. not many junglers can gank at lvl 2 apart from shyvana, lee sin and xin zhao (i think skarner can too? maybe theres more but i dunno) lvl 2 ganks is really good and surprising because your enemy will still be lvl 2. which means if you gank top lane it will be 2v1 then they are going to HAVE to burn either flash or ghost, or get killed. basically, not many ppl expect a lvl 2 gank.

LunaticDarkchild

12-11-2012

i will gank u all day at lvl 2 with shaco