To Those of You Who Still Don't Get It:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cayten Shift

12-09-2012

You may not think someone saying "gg n00bs," "easy game," or whatever is offensive. Regardless, it is against the Summoner's Code, which you all accepted to play the game, and which you're sworn to uphold in the Tribunal. Allow me to demonstrate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Summoner's Code
IV - Enjoy Yourself, But Not At Anyone Else's Expense
Making games is our business, so it should come as no surprise that we want you to have a lot of fun. We want you to get excited, to have tension-filled moments, and to celebrate your success. This doesn’t mean that we’re okay with you ruining anybody else’s day.

Remember, taking a jab at your friend in the middle of the game is a lot different than making a glib remark at a complete stranger.

VI - Show Humility in Victory and Grace in Defeat
Having a great game is one of the biggest joys that League of Legends can bring you. But always bear in mind that when you’re relishing that landslide victory there is someone on the receiving end that is probably ripping their hair out. While it’s alright to celebrate, make sure that you keep any gloating (or any other mode of self-indulgence) out of all chat. Instead, thank your opponents for the game. After all, despite their best efforts, they just made you a very happy person.
For that matter, there shouldn't have to be a code for you to know that it's just not cool to rub a loss in your opponents' faces. Does "gg n00bs" or "haha we rolled you scrubs" really contribute anything? It doesn't help them get better, it doesn't say anything meaningful. You're just being a dick.

Instead, try giving them advice. Example: "Hey, we had wards all over the place and it's obvious you guys weren't buying them. We probably wouldn't be able to gank you so often if you bought a few." Or, failing that, just thank your opponents for the game and move on. Do you really need to make your opponents feel bad for losing? If so, then I don't want you in my games. Neither does the community, and neither does Riot. Whether you feel you're committing an offense or not, you are, and we will be punishing you for it. Best of luck, Summoners! Stay classy.

Great Pyrenees

12-09-2012

I think they just need a good friend to help them when they are down. Listen guys I am here for you. I know sometimes the tribunal is a bummer. But I am looking out for your best interest. At the end of a game say GG WP. You would be SHOCKED how many people will pardon you for showing a little kindness =)

MauroArg

12-10-2012

Insults are insults and must be punished

VI - Show Humility in Victory and Grace in Defeat

KiII Yourself

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayten Shift View Post
You may not think someone saying "gg n00bs," "easy game," or whatever is offensive. Regardless, it is against the Summoner's Code, which you all accepted to play the game, and which you're sworn to uphold in the Tribunal. Allow me to demonstrate.
So do you punish every time a player surrenders a match? After all, voting to surrender is a public display of negative attitude and is therefore against the Summoner's Code. For that matter, losing is also against the Summoner's Code since it demonstrates a failure to support your team. I guess we should just punish everybody! Whoops, too late.

Beaumains

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiII Yourself View Post
So do you punish every time a player surrenders a match? After all, voting to surrender is a public display of negative attitude . . . , losing is also against the Summoner's Code since it demonstrates a failure to support your team. . . . .
Surrender spamming constitutes a negative attitude, starting a legitimate surrender vote does not. I'll agree that the term "negative attitude" is perhaps a poor phrasing, but that doesn't validate the poor behavior that I mentioned, or that you are trying to defend.

You really shouldn't be so fast and loose with your quotes (or rather lack thereof). Losing a game demonstrates no such thing. In fact, not even dying, or getting a poor score "demonstrates a failure to support your team."