Brace Yourself for a Showdown this Snowdown!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noobkiller291

12-12-2012

You will be mine ZIGGS!

Bad Player

12-12-2012

YES FESTIVE MAOKAI

also I hope gifting becomes permanent eventually

(I'm guessing that this gifting session is just a test run or something, sort of like the ward skins were with halloween?)

Dyloslawer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haspeera View Post
How do I get icons if I don't have friends...
feel free to gift me a champion, skin or rp bro

yumm123

12-12-2012

OMG OMG OMG MISTLETOE LEBLANC <3 SHE IS BACK XD I want this skin so badly but I don't have any RP T.T At least I can still admire her release. ;(

guazon666

12-12-2012

hombre que lol esta mas chulo que nunka

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

12-12-2012

Quote:
You’ll receive a special Snowdown icon for the following actions between now and January 6th:
  • Participating in a five-man premade match in any queue
  • Behaving well in the spirit of the Snowdown season
  • Purchasing RP as a gift for a friend
  • Purchasing a champion as a gift for a friend
  • Purchasing a skin as a gift for a friend
  • Being one of the top participants this Snowdown
Distribution of Snowdown icons will begin a few days after the upcoming patch and may take several days to hit your account after they are earned.
Ugh... didn't we go over this before? We don't want special icons that only a few people can get due to doing things that are way beyond the norm. First it was $70 for RP and now it is gifting RP, skins, Champions, and other things? Really?

Is this stuff going to be a one time thing (or nearly one time) like the Harrowing icons?

I'm all for new stuff, but the collectionist in me screams that you're just taking advantage of us... =(

EDIT: What if we already own every Champion? How can a friend gift us a Champion to get the icon? Similar question about gifting RP and skins -- what if we own a ton of RP and every skin we want? Seems like this is separating the super loyal and dedicated players from the rest. =/

Squeezoid

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
Ugh... didn't we go over this before? We don't want special icons that only a few people can get due to doing things that are way beyond the norm. First it was spending $70 for RP and now it is gifting RP, skins, Champions, and other things? Really?
^ 110% agree

Spew

12-12-2012

Urf where?

alpha chimerae

12-12-2012

Riot this gift giving is amazing ( i got rich friends) and the summoner icons like k good thing the wards are free no one bought them at the harrowing coz you had to pay for them and the new skins look half decent!

thizzenwinz

12-12-2012

is purchasing rp as a gift only with a credit card or will you be able to do it with a prepaid card ?