I adore Black Cleaver

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nykidemus

12-10-2012

I have to say - thanks. Thanks so much for finally making an item that actually gives things that AD casters want without having to pay for stats that they dont.

This thing is amazing, and has pretty much singlehandedly rekindled my enjoyment of the top lane. So many champions that I enjoy, but never really got to see the light of day are now competitive.

Best item change in years.

Lycanblu

12-10-2012

I wouldn't get used to it, the item is being abused hardcore by AD caster and carries alike, having nothing unique makes it too powerful an item, and i doubt they'll keep it in it's current state. No character should be buying 3+ duplicates of the same item, and that's just how desireable the black cleaver is right now.

mcmuffie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

its strong as a single item its self .. and the fact that you can stack them is just plan broken .. srsly no point in building amour any more just health with a bs item like that .. it would be good strong item if they uped the price a bit and removed the stacking passives by as it sits now .. its just broken

Nykidemus

12-10-2012

Oh, I agree that stacking them is a bit cheesy - and making it melee-only would probably be a good move - but I still very much appreciate that they're trying to design items to fit in that niche. It's always felt that most items were intended for ranged-carries, and that everyone else was just going to have to deal with sub-optimal stat distributions.

ApolloMk2

12-10-2012

Yes, BC is by far most OP item in game today. For the small price you get lots of health, lots of AD, TONSSS of armor penetration. FIX THIS **** RIOT.

FatDrunkenDwarf

12-10-2012

Why can't it just be a unique passive so if you buy more then one the passive from only one will apply and the rest will not.

Nykidemus

12-10-2012

• Armor Penetration changed to Unique
  • Armor Penetration reduced to 10 from 15
  • Passive effect now reduces armor by 6.25% per stack down from 7.5%

Changing it to Unique is fine - but knocking off quite that much armor pen is a little sad. Still probably a good buy though. : )

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nykidemus View Post
  • Armor Penetration changed to Unique
  • Armor Penetration reduced to 10 from 15
  • Passive effect now reduces armor by 6.25% per stack down from 7.5%

Changing it to Unique is fine - but knocking off quite that much armor pen is a little sad. Still probably a good buy though. : )
Considering the reordering of Penetration, that nerf is acceptable; pretty sure it wouldn't have happened if they'd remembered to put Unique tags on it, but what's done is done.