New Shop HUD causing lag

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HighOnPolPot

12-05-2012

I don't have the greatest computer, but LoL has always ran very smoothly for me. I've never had trouble navigating the shop, but with the new one opening it and quickly switching between recommended and main pages causes my game to freeze for half a second, this also happens when I try to quickly buy multiple things (most notably potions). It's really annoying and disconcerting that something added purely for aesthetics is such a bother when the old version worked just fine.

I don't even mind the format of it, just that sometimes it lags out my ingame and causes me to buy and extra potion or two of some cheap item I was buying because I HAVE to doubleclick to buy things and when it lags out it'll pop up having me bought more than I used to.

It's not a gamebreaking problem, it's just a nuisance that I have to deal with several times a game for an unnecessary "upgrade."

Reverentforce

12-06-2012

this whole hud thing since the update is the problem itself the old hud was perfect like it was, there was no need to change it nor was there need to add so many broken items while removing perfectly good ones. i dont even recognize this game anymore since that update the hud alone ruins it for me and will likely lead to me quiting this game altogether . had a good run on this game was loving it till this update

IS186afbf367d955

12-08-2012

I have the same problem. My PC is not a beast but I used to be able to play perfectly at 40-50 fps with medium settings. The new shop feels way less responsive. It's not much but everytime I do something there is some lag.

When Riot redid the map they managed to do more without using more resources. I was hoping the UI team was able to do the same... Looks like I was wrong unfortunately.

Nemix

12-09-2012

I also find the new hud and shop hud causes a 1-2 sec delay.

Also they should add an slider option for shop hud transparency.

Qsario

12-09-2012

Yeah, the shop lags for a few seconds for me, too.

I wish they'd find a way to keep the shop window open but hidden or something so that we don't have to wait for it to load every time.

Obsidian Turtle

12-10-2012

Same problem here. Any known fixes?

Qsario

12-10-2012

I suspect we'll have to wait for a patch, but I hope to be proven wrong.