Master Yi Problems - Q and R Issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoopSlapped

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2012

I haven't played in over a year, and just started up again about a month ago, so a lot has changed. Last time i played, improved exhaust made the target blind... I recently started playing Master Yi more faithfully, and i am noticing a few bugs as time goes on.

The Q, i believe it is supposed to make Yi "untargetable". There has been many instances with against melee and ap heroes where i would cast. Go in the motion, and i would be dead before the motion is even anywhere complete. For example if i would be attacking a hero, i activate Q (no debuffs on me) my cool down would go, no damage would be given to the targeted hero and i would be dead. Granted i am low on HP, but if i go in the motion, the sound goes, the cooldown is now counting, and no damage is done. That's the bug i see with the Q. Basically, if the cool down goes, i am "untargetable", i do the motion, i should ONLY die when i come back from the Q's motion, and the damage SHOULD still happen to the targeted hero.

EDIT: I would like to add that when Q'ing in jungle/laning resets the creeps for a split second and causes them to regenerate HP. Only when only target available is Yi himself. This makes doing dragon solo, and or golem/lizard buffs just a tad bit more difficult.

Now to the R, everything seems to work fine when alive but not on death. For example, Myself, and a team member are attacking 1 hero. I use my R, but die before getting the kill, but the targeted enemy dies with in say 1-2 seconds after i die (a close call sorta deal). Even knowing i get the assist on the kill, it will not reduce the cool down time by 50% as it should. Simple as that for this one, on assist it should reduce cool down and it does not.

EDIT: I just died while in my Q, this time the damage went through... Landed me the kill, but since i died before he did (however the damage order was done). It did NOT reset my cool down counter. Even knowing i got the kill. I the kill was well with in the 8 seconds of his ULT activation also.

I can produce video evidence if needed, i have to buy FRAPS if so. No friends play this game, so it will be hard to reproduce the R cool down one on my own. Assuming RIOT has a team for this though, and can spare me the money. I think that's about it though for now. I will edit if anything else happens to be found.

I am supposed to provide steps to produce the same situation i am experiencing. I briefly described above.

Q - Untargetable: 1 Enemy Champion, Yourself as Master Yi, Fighting until low hp on Yi, and say 200-300 hp remaining you would Q at the target enemy hero (as that are attacking), your cool down activates, you go through the motion & sound, no damage is done to enemy hero and you die before coming out of it.

Q - Yourself as Master Yi, Q into the Lizard Buff (dragon, golem etc) you kill both minions (or not doesnt matter), you auto attack, and then Q again. This would briefly reset the Lizard until you come back out of Q but the Lizard has now gained some HP. From the testing i did, i couldnt keep the lizard/golem still while avoiding hitting them. So i pulled them away slightly and then Q'd once off cooldown. It did reset their hp a small portion.

R - 1 Enemy Champion, Yourself as Master Yi and a Team member say Garin, Fighting until low hp on Yi, and say 200-300 hp remaining, and 200-300hp remaining on the enemy hero. You are all fighting, Master Yi activated R and dies, then Garin uses ultimate and insta kills the enemy 2 seconds after you died. You get the assist, but not the 50% time off Master Yi's R.

PoopSlapped

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

TTT Red Response.

PoopSlapped

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopSlapped View Post
TTT Red Response.
^

Woodenwingz

10-22-2012

I think you lose highlander buff as you die so you dont get cd reset but Q bug still needs to be fixed.

Baxe

10-22-2012

Many people have reported this bug several times over the last days, probably busy trying to fix it, though video proof would help immensely since it would help the Riot team to check what happened visually rather than plain text. You know what they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Eddie500

10-22-2012

There is also a bug if one the 4 targets from alpha would hit fizz when he is in the air no one takes damage and you appear where fizz is regardless of what target you alpha'd.

Kziki

10-22-2012

Highlander only refreshes abilities while it's active. When you die, it isn't anymore, so I would say that's intended behaviour.

PoopSlapped

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodenwingz View Post
I think you lose highlander buff as you die so you dont get cd reset but Q bug still needs to be fixed.
--- Well the thing is, if it goes into cool down. You "tech" should be in motion then once in motion is considered a "dash" untargetable skill, and the way highlander works is, all damage being done stops (except for dots) and all happens on exiting of the motion/when you become targetable again.

"Projectiles (autoattacks or abilities) that are mid-flight when the character starts dashing will hit when the dash completes. They still take damage from DoTs while untargetable."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxe View Post
Many people have reported this bug several times over the last days, probably busy trying to fix it, though video proof would help immensely since it would help the Riot team to check what happened visually rather than plain text. You know what they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.
--- I guess i can try and source a copy of FRAPS that doesn't contain a virus elsewhere. Might as well do it, and get some cool replays while im at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie500 View Post
There is also a bug if one the 4 targets from alpha would hit fizz when he is in the air no one takes damage and you appear where fizz is regardless of what target you alpha'd.
--- While fizz is in "untargetable" motion or while yi is? Fizz is a "partial untargetable" and Yi's Q is a "Dash". They have different features, and when it comes to the "stack" of removing damage, the one might outweigh the other. Still messed up none the less, because it's not the way alpha is supposed to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xofrevihs View Post
Highlander only refreshes abilities while it's active. When you die, it isn't anymore, so I would say that's intended behaviour.
--- Hrrm, i was thinking it would be treated like the "assist/kill" on hero's. Even knowing you are dead, you still get the kill/assist point. Oh do i hate dying before i even get an assist kill, and waiting the full cool down time while in dominion.

I read it like this, "Additionally, killing a champion during the duration will refresh all of Master Yi's ability cooldowns, while assists will refresh them by half the base amount." It doesn't say you have to be alive, just says with in that specific time frame that you need to get a kill/assist kill in. Basically, as long as you got the assist/kill while already being dead... The cool down proc should go through.

PoopSlapped

11-14-2012

ttt

GŁgnyr

12-18-2012

please, I know that some bugs have been attended too, ehich as a fix patch is ok, PLEASE REMAKE, please make him like the new twitch... same in soul and toolbox but intrinsecaly remastered, it could even go with some fluff love... extra training or whatever.