Do Runes @ 30

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xquisite

10-12-2010

TL;DR: Full runebooks vs non full make a big difference?

Make a big difference?
Im a Champ-a-holic i normally buy the newest champ(skipped swain due to feedback on him being bad) everytime they come out, and if the next one to come out doesnt look to fun(most have though) i just buy one thats already released. I have 12k saved up, and plan to buy Lux. Then save the other 6k for the next new champ.

But since im approaching 30 i obviously need runes, and i dont want to spend 12k on a single rune set, for 1 character who i will most likely play for 2 weeks, then occasionaly sometimes.

I also play many different characters so i dont want to buy runes just for one, right now i plan on buying 3 of the 32+ health runes since they obviously effect all the champs i play. Which are

TF
Taric
Sona
MF
Twitch
Soon to be: Lux, a tank, and a mdps.

Nemoto

10-12-2010

Ehhh this is hard to say since your champion style is so diversified (melee dps, tank, support). I think that everyone should have atleast 8000 IP worth of runes at level 20, in which you will have to save from about level 15-16. It makes a huge difference. Rune books 99% of the time pertain to Armor penetration, Magic penetration and more novelty things like dodge which are hard to obtain. With a full rune book at level 30 you can have approximately 35ish armor penetration which is pretty devastating in all phases of the game.

verdict:
buy 9 marks for armor pen
9 dodge yellow's
mage resist blue's
armor pen guints

Thats basically the standard for pantheon, yi, ashe, twitch, MF and etc. Would work fine with TF aswell while it would be a little ****ed for taric and sona.

Buy runes! Good luck

ddaimyo

10-12-2010

You're on the right track with more generic runes that affect multiple characters. Runes like AP, health, mana regen, magic/armor pen, are good on many many heroes.

For example, you can do Armor Pen reds, mana regen yellows/blues, and health quints, and that build is good for basically any carry. It might not be 100% optimal on every carry but it will work fine and save you IP.

I have a "caster" page that uses magic pen reds, AP yellow/blue, and health quints that I use for every caster I play.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
the value of stats on runes is something like ~1500g on a level 18 character with a level 30 summoner AT MOST, and that's like +36 damgae on your character at level 18 or something -- it's pretty minor considering base value of your character stat gains are 3-5 thousand IIRC, and items you buy can easily be 7-12k. I
and tier 1 runes are 56% as effective for 8% of the cost

CounterfeiteR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-12-2010

I just have 2 rune pages full.. 1 for AD and 1 for AP, but i mostly play dps so i dont use tank runes/health etc
but runes are super helpful early games.. try playing with'em then take'm off.. its crazy

janitormaned

10-14-2010

i would fill book at 30 with tier 3. with health/regen and penetration like they said. but it is totally up to you. Do you wanna buy champs or runes? its all up to yu man