Let me teach you to support

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scarlet Ambition

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukh01 View Post
Explain "kill lane support", "poke support" and "sustain support" (please?)
This is a GREAT Question to answer.

Sustain Support:

Sustain support are support champions who helps give health, buffs or mana to allies in combat. This allows their friendlies to last longer in the fight. When your with the team's ADC you want to heal them when they take damage, buff them to give them a advantage in a situation, or both. They even give debuffs to enemies so they will weaker to fight in battle.

Example of Sustain Support and how they substain:
Sona ( provides healing aura/skill, movement speed buff, Damage attack buff, Stun debuff, damage debuff, and slow debuff )
Soraka ( Healing skill, Mana regenrate skill, slience skill, Decrease Magic resistance debuff )
Taric ( Healing skill, increase armor aura, increased damage AP/AD skill/aura, decrease armor debuff )

Poke Supports:

These Supports are your champions who are usually great at zoning enemies. Their key job is too give as much harassment to the enemy ADC during laning phase and weaken them so that your ADC can either finish them off or continue to farm freely as the enemy will be afraid to engage a fight due to low hp. Poke supports also give some buffs to allies such as attack speed,movement, or shields.

Examples of Poke Supports and how they poke:
Soraka (her E silence ability + auto attack + Q)
Lux ( Her E which gives long range poking and Q to stun up to 2 targets at long range)
Janna ( Q knock ups all targets in her path )
Nunu ( E is a lock on skill which slow one target selected )
Nidalee ( Q is a long range spear skill shot which deals AP damage, Increased damage longer the range is shot at )
Teemo ( Q Blinds enemies, R for shrooms which are placed at certain spots for AoE damage, Poison over time damage )

Kill Supports:

Usually the most A-holes to deal with when against them because they will KILL you if you let them have the chance. These supports focus on finding the right opportunity to attack in other words their also very great imitators. The main goal is to kill and defeat a enemy the quickest way possible so they don't deal with your ass anymore. Sometimes they will harass with their aggressiveness so much they end up zoning out enemies. Only problem is they have to commit into a fight 100% with their allies while protecting their ADCs if not then problems may occur or even result death. Surprisingly enough They usually fed faster than other supports because of the kills they received and also can carry games if the players are good enough. Ksing is usually a accident try not too do that when playing as a Kill Support. Be also aware that tower diving is usually a skill that these support will do most of the time.

Examples of Kill Supports and what they are equiped with:
Leona ( 3 stuns, Sun light Magic damage bonus passive)
Alistar ( Knock-up, Push, Heal, Hp rejuvenation/Immune to CC ult, damage over time passive )
Blitzcrank ( Grabs, knock-up, Silence ult )
Singed ( poison AoE dmg, Slows, Flips )
Shen ( Taunt, Life-Steal, Teleport/Shield Ult )

The Rock, Paper, Scissors Rule:

This isn't a real rule but I've made this up for a friend of mines when teaching them to counter supports in Rank/Draft Games.
We all know that Paper beats rock, Scissors wins over paper, and so on. Same concept with these three types of supports.

Sustain supports beats poke supports because they can heal the small harassment they received but loses against Kill supports,

Poke supports beats Kills supports because they can't heal the harassment they receive but loses against sustain supports,

Kill Supports beats Sustain Supports because they apply so much damage and C.C. to them the sustains support have no time to react nor heal the damage given but loses against Poke Supports.

In the end to truly counter support champions you need to go into full deep detail of what they are capable off and weakness. Sometimes you could even play a sustain support as a poke support like using soraka or poke support as kill support like using fiddlesticks depending how play a champion...

I hope my information helps, keep asking questions or add me in the game if you add any.

Unrelenting9

12-28-2012

Thanks for the help! I've been really trying to get around the forums and read up on some tactics before I get into serious matchmaking.

Sukh01

12-28-2012

Good support & carry combinations? ¿Why?

Pd.- meow you too

Scarlet Ambition

12-28-2012

Quote:
Good support & carry combinations? ¿Why?

Pd.- meow you too
What are you asking me? What are some good champion mixes?

I'll be listing some very good combinations but there are so much more beyond the meta we know so well.

1) Sivir & Soraka
Category: Farming and Poking
Sivir is a top notch CS farmer when using her abilitys combining her Q and E to clear waves of creeps. With the help of Soraka's E giving her mana this helps sivir to not only farm but give some very aggressive constant pokes to the enemy as her Q drains most of her mana. This combo is very simliar to Urgot and & Soraka.

2) Graves & Taric ( one of my favorites )
Category: A good defense is also a great offense
We all know that graves is a great ADC because of his passive which gives him more armor when he prolongs a fight, very OP if you ask me... With Taric W's passive which provides a shielding aura to all allies giving more armor this makes graves extremely tanky and aggressive if he fights. Not to mention the healing ability that taric has to give graves more surivability and taric's E/R to stun and give a impressive attack boost to graves.

3) Vyane & Nunu ( One of my Favorites )
Category: True Damage is very aggressive.
I see people do this combination but their too dam retarded why and how it actually pose to work so I'll explain why and what you pose to do. Nunu does nothing really but gives his attack/movement speed buff to vyane. Vyane has a ability passive called sliver bolts which gives vyane true damage of every 3rd strike she hits on the same target. She is pose to max that skill out first and let her auto attacks kill the enemy because of nunu's buff vyane can deal true damage quickly less than a second due to the speed she was given with. Combining with her ult and other abilitys nunu easily give's vyane a penta just giving her attack speed and movement speed. Also you cant escape because vyane will catch up because of nunu's slows. This combo is deadly and very OP as **** only way to counter it is by stopping vyane from auto attacking which is hard because of nunu.

4) Ashe & Sona
Category: Escape and Chasing
There aren't many players who mains Ashe because first off ashe is really squishie and has no skill to give her a escape unless she is running and slowing enemies but still doesn't provide a good way to escape bad guys. With Sona, Ashe can do that easy with sona's speed buff not to mention sustain a lane by sona's healing skill. This combo can be also very aggressive because of their ults. They both can stun for a long period of time and long distance too. This allows them to catch up and deals heavy damage to whom their targeting. Getting chased by these two are a pain because ashe can also slow and sona will allow ashe to keep up with speed of her enemy. Depending on what song sona plays she can also decrease a targets damage output or slow them too.

Scarlet Ambition

12-30-2012

;3 meow

BeastlyLambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2012

nice guide a thing that I would like to add in here is that in the laning phase a support should be extremely aggressive if possible.

As a support you should understand how your carry can die but more importantly how you can kill theirs while protecting your own. You have to understand the limits of your carry and your support champion but generally bot lane is about who has the bigger balls and who can execute better. Bot lane is a territorial war and you want to establish your dominance. Establish lane presence, harass, zone, do everything you can to make their ADC and support fear you. I duo with my friend and there have been a lot of times where their adc and support literally just sit under the tower while we freeze the lane and free farm the lane ending the laning phase with a difference in 50-75 cs with a 2-3 level difference (our most extreme case being by around 90-100 cs and we were 4 levels ahead). There is a lot more to support than just warding and protecting, as a support even lulu, Sona and Nami can start fights too. You can tell you are doing extremely well when their mid-lane and their jungle try and camp your bot lane.

tl;dr learn to be extremely aggressive and understand the limits of your support and ADC. Understand how you and your carry can die but most importantly find a way to kill their carry faster and with more energy

Sukh01

12-31-2012

As a support: How can I make good use of the 3 brush locations on bot lane?

Meow back !

Sea Monsters

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescarla View Post
What are you asking me? What are some good champion mixes?

I'll be listing some very good combinations but there are so much more beyond the meta we know so well.

1) Sivir & Soraka
Category: Farming and Poking
Sivir is a top notch CS farmer when using her abilitys combining her Q and E to clear waves of creeps. With the help of Soraka's E giving her mana this helps sivir to not only farm but give some very aggressive constant pokes to the enemy as her Q drains most of her mana. This combo is very simliar to Urgot and & Soraka.

2) Graves & Taric ( one of my favorites )
Category: A good defense is also a great offense
We all know that graves is a great ADC because of his passive which gives him more armor when he prolongs a fight, very OP if you ask me... With Taric W's passive which provides a shielding aura to all allies giving more armor this makes graves extremely tanky and aggressive if he fights. Not to mention the healing ability that taric has to give graves more surivability and taric's E/R to stun and give a impressive attack boost to graves.

3) Vyane & Nunu ( One of my Favorites )
Category: True Damage is very aggressive.
I see people do this combination but their too dam retarded why and how it actually pose to work so I'll explain why and what you pose to do. Nunu does nothing really but gives his attack/movement speed buff to vyane. Vyane has a ability passive called sliver bolts which gives vyane true damage of every 3rd strike she hits on the same target. She is pose to max that skill out first and let her auto attacks kill the enemy because of nunu's buff vyane can deal true damage quickly less than a second due to the speed she was given with. Combining with her ult and other abilitys nunu easily give's vyane a penta just giving her attack speed and movement speed. Also you cant escape because vyane will catch up because of nunu's slows. This combo is deadly and very OP as **** only way to counter it is by stopping vyane from auto attacking which is hard because of nunu.

4) Ashe & Sona
Category: Escape and Chasing
There aren't many players who mains Ashe because first off ashe is really squishie and has no skill to give her a escape unless she is running and slowing enemies but still doesn't provide a good way to escape bad guys. With Sona, Ashe can do that easy with sona's speed buff not to mention sustain a lane by sona's healing skill. This combo can be also very aggressive because of their ults. They both can stun for a long period of time and long distance too. This allows them to catch up and deals heavy damage to whom their targeting. Getting chased by these two are a pain because ashe can also slow and sona will allow ashe to keep up with speed of her enemy. Depending on what song sona plays she can also decrease a targets damage output or slow them too.
I love this thread. It's a nice introduction to a crucial but often overlooked role.

I have a few additions regarding lane combos:

Graves + Taric has a few things going for it other than a really tank Graves. Graves has substantial burst early game. Now combine this with Taric's stun to keep the target still, armor shred to amplify the damage dealt, and ultimate to both boost ad for more damage while providing a little burst of its own. When perfectly executed, this is almost certainly a kill. Even if the enemy survives this initial burst, Taric heal and Graves passive will almost certainly insure the Graves comes out on top.

Vayne + Nunu is strong because (1) it boosts Vayne's already terrifying damage potential (2) it excels at punishing because of the extreme speed at which Vayne will kill you and the near impossibility of escaping her when paired with Nunu. Beating such a match-up during laning is often less about stopping Vayne from auto-attacking, and more about not letting the Vayne/Nunu death machine grab a hold of you while exploiting their vulnerability to poke. Both Vayne and Nunu do poorly against long ranged poke as they have neither reliable sustain nor any means of trading favorably. Aim to wear them down so that they can be finished off quickly, or force them to recall so that they miss farm and fall behind. However, do not get accidentally get too close to them when trying to harass. The last thing you want is for Vayne to start snowballing off of catching you.

Keep in mind that just about any AD + common support has some sort of strength. Some combinations are more synergistic than others, but don't feel pressured into picking a support based purely on "good combos." Since supports are largely expected to be item independent, it will be how well you know what you're doing with the support you choose to play that will ultimately determine how well you do.

Scarlet Ambition

12-31-2012

Quote:
As a support: How can I make good use of the 3 brush locations on bot lane?

Meow back !
Well actually there are really 5 bushes in top lane but people usually ignore 1 or 2 of them, don't ignore them...
The bushes I'm talking about are:

Blue Team's Tri-bush near dragon (BTTB)
River Bush (RB)
Blue team's Homeside bot lane bush (BTHBL)
Purple team's Homeside bot lane bush (PTHBLB)
and Purple Team's Tri-bush that is located near Purple team's outer turret. (PTTB)

Depending on which Team you are on, You always want to consider which bushes will help give advantages or disadvantages. For example: If on purple team near (PTTB) You would want to becareful at dangerously low heath since the enemy jungler or mid may use that bush to tower dive at you.

No matter what you want to ward (BTTB) and that corner point at the entrance of dragon and purple team's blue buff when you have pushed the lane to the tower.

Why ward those spots? I'm not a jungler but when I do I jungle Cho'gath but I noticed all junglers like to go pass those key points where you have warded at also it also helps to see if their trying to sneak a free dragon kill.

Sometimes I see enemy supports like to ward bushes a lot especially (RB) or one of the two home lane bushes. You really want to take out that (RB) ward if there is one to allow your jungler to gank freely has he wishes. Has for the home lane bushes, take high consideration whether you want to ward them or not because its really obvious who **** is in there. The enemy support right? But you always want to check those bushes all the time to confirm anything stupid pops up.

Tip:
If there is a Teemo, Catilyn, support AP Shaco, Nidalee, Any jerk who lays traps. Please don't enter bushes at the front, please don't, Especially if there is a Enemy Teemo or Ap Support Shacos. Just don't.... Enter from the back or the middle of the bush... And try to disarm them when it is safe to do so.... I'm serious...

Take extra consideration on wards and bushes if a enemy has teleport spell if the enemy ward a bush you may get a incoming gank from top lane because they can teleport to the wards that are set up ( usually the ones with teleport are top lane ) I freaking do this a lot with singed, Cho'gath, or darius Its really hazardous and funny to the fact because you get to say, "SURPRISE MOTHER ****ERS!!!"

All I can say is right now, because I'm a little drunk at the moment and I want to answer your question right away before I forget is just keep checking the bushes if there is something there and contain them. Keep the bushes under your control so there won't be any surprise ganks from the enemy, This all comes downs to map awareness and all that other gibberish I said before....

Ugh I'll probably edit this later. This is all I have for now. Keep asking questions.

Scarlet Ambition

01-04-2013

merw?