Let me teach you to support

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

crackuhh7

12-22-2012

http://*******.com/cmxsj3f
another similar helpful guide here

Blue Scarlet

12-22-2012

Really? Just no...
its not even a link...

JonnyBigBoss

12-22-2012

Nice topic. I found it useful.

Blue Scarlet

12-23-2012

thanks

Cloudpost

12-23-2012

I think rushing a Ruby Sightstone is one of the best things you can do as support in Season 3. It always means you have at least three wards on hand (you should be buying more), and I'm guessing it has to pay itself off faster than traditional GP10 items. The health is also very nice.

Don't feel forced to buy GP10s, they are generally good since you get no CS, but if it is more important to get the effect of a certain aura item then rush that instead. And Philostone isn't always what you want. Sometimes you'll want stronger harass so you'll want to build a Kage's. Sometimes you'll build both a Stone and a Kage's.

Pay attention not only to what the items you're buying do for your team, but also what they do for you. Having things like armor and magic resist are important. Sure you're there for your team, but if you're dead you're not doing anything for your team, and on top of that you're feeding. Positioning yourself correctly plays a big part in staying alive as well.

Blue Scarlet

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermitDruid View Post
I think rushing a Ruby Sightstone is one of the best things you can do as support in Season 3. It always means you have at least three wards on hand (you should be buying more), and I'm guessing it has to pay itself off faster than traditional GP10 items. The health is also very nice.

Don't feel forced to buy GP10s, they are generally good since you get no CS, but if it is more important to get the effect of a certain aura item then rush that instead. And Philostone isn't always what you want. Sometimes you'll want stronger harass so you'll want to build a Kage's. Sometimes you'll build both a Stone and a Kage's.

Pay attention not only to what the items you're buying do for your team, but also what they do for you. Having things like armor and magic resist are important. Sure you're there for your team, but if you're dead you're not doing anything for your team, and on top of that you're feeding. Positioning yourself correctly plays a big part in staying alive as well.
I said this before Personally I don't like Sightstones, your limit to a certain amount of ward coverage when you deploy them but their Health bonus is a good factor for the item. I don't really recommend them much to other support players because I like having vision on my enemy's movements. Although if you feel comfortable with the sightstones use them.Folks Shouldn't really follow guides 100% because it doesn't allow you to adapt different situations.

as for philostone and kages that is true you shouldnt feel forced to get them but they can benefit you greatly by providing gold. philo helps you sustain a lane longer by regaining hp and mana and kages gives more ap for those supports that like to harass a lot. I tend to get both before boots but it truly depends on your situation.

Blue Scarlet

12-26-2012

meow

Unrelenting9

12-26-2012

I have a few questions for you:

When should you gank? i.e. Strategic discretion or when your teammates call for help? Both? Also, would it be more helpful to push another lane while all the enemy champions are bogged down in another lane while a couple of your own teammates hold them off at a turret?

Which champions should jungle, and when? Should only a champion classified as a jungler jungle, or should all champs stick to around their assigned lanes and jungle whenever assistance is not needed to avoid stealing minion farms from a support?

I've been trying ADCs, and found them rather "squishy," as you describe it. What tactics would be most helpful in the early game against ranged opponents, especially ones with binding or slowing capabilities? Would it be more helpful to farm minions and level up as soon as possible, or try to harass the enemy champion?

What is the best balance for a support between farming minions, actually supporting, zoning, and leveling?

Blue Scarlet

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrelenting9 View Post
I have a few questions for you:

When should you gank?

Which champions should jungle, and when?

I've been trying ADCs, and found them rather "squishy," as you describe it. What tactics would be most helpful in the early game against ranged opponents?

What is the best balance for a support between farming minions, actually supporting, zoning, and leveling?
Well first off my dear is that your kinda asking the some of the wrong questions here. I'm trying to teach people how to support not jungle or ADC but I'll gladly answer your questions, I'm planning to make another guide anyways.

When Should You Gank?

Anybody could gank but when is depends on your situation, you have to keep note about all the possbilitys that could happen and keep track of the enemy's movements as if you gank a lane you must be-careful if any back up will arrive. Also if you in a lane you should be aware that if you gank the enemy in your lane may push your tower or even follow you as being jungle its the same because you need to know if the enemy jungler is around for back up.

Which champions should jungle,and when?

This shouldn't be really a question because a team's jungler is decided before the match not during one.... If I truly have to I jungle Cho'gath and Vi whom I haven't perfected yet. I have a friend who teams up with a buddy of his that jungle Ez and even Sona. I have also seen double jungle Viegar and support jungler soraka. Its really outragous....

ADC Tactics

I don't usually play ADC but when I do I play Sivir. I find her good at poking people and in farming. You always want to have more farms and kills than you enemy's ADC because if you don't it will leave you in a big disadvantage later. So keep track on last hitting minions.

Supports don't get farm they give it to their ADC.... The reason supports are under leveled is because their always in and out warding to get any shared exp from the ADC and not getting any farm done, So I wouldn't about your levels much. Zoning helps keep your enemy from not getting much exp/gold and protects your ADC you usually zone them out by a lot of harass. As for your term "actually supporting" I don't your trying to ask there.

Cat 6th

12-27-2012

Explain "kill lane support", "poke support" and "sustain support" (please?)