Practicing last hitting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lt Scout

05-08-2013

Is it better to do it in a custom game by oneself, or to try and get friends to help you simulate what it would like in a real game? I only ask because I try doing solo last hit customs, and get about 55 cs in the first 10 mins and then in a real game I only get like 35-45 cs. Is solo practice more about the timing without the pressure, and then building upon the timing once you get that down? What would you recommend for last hitting practice?

Zaldrohiir

05-08-2013

Depends. What is it about last-hitting you cannot manage?
Do you judge your dmg output wrong or do you not know how to deal with a lane bully?

Solo training is just understanding HOW to last hit
Duelling works to manage the bullying.

Lt Scout

05-08-2013

I have trouble when I get hit and try to trade with an enemy. I often end up taking too much damage and having to back, so bullying. I also need to work on cs, since 55 is pretty piss poor at the 10 min mark.

Zaldrohiir

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Scout View Post
I have trouble when I get hit and try to trade with an enemy. I often end up taking too much damage and having to back, so bullying. I also need to work on cs, since 55 is pretty piss poor at the 10 min mark.
I think this is only a matter of experience. You need to know what your champ can do and what your enemy can do. At some point you get a far better feeling for all the ranges, the damage potential on a champ etc.
In other words... once you've encountered all the champs a bit more often you'll build up memory of what they can do and how long it takes before they can do it again.

This way you'll learn only to engage or grab farm when your opponents harassing skill is down. Or you learn to harass your opponent everytime he/she goes to farm.
Also, as mage, use your auto-attacks to harass as well. Many players forget this. As long as your opponent goes for farm, give him hell.