Which item in your opinion is better

blade of the ruined king 49 52.13%
The Bloodthirster 45 47.87%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Blade of the ruined king vs the Bloodthirster

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azerax53

12-10-2012

Hi everyone I was wonder which do you think is a smarter choice on a solo top champion going for damage ex: Jayce. And which do you think is a better option.

AquilesOfArtoria

12-10-2012

Depends a lot on your enemies..
Blade of The Ruined King = High health enemies ( In my opinion its better on ADC than a solo top).
Gives you sustain and high damage to tanks..

Bloodthrister
Uhh well.. this is basically the thing you will use on a solo top.. Its a lot of damage and you can get the stacks easy by killing minions

But answering your topic..
I believe Jayce is better with BloodThrister..
In my opinion..

EDIT: Also the active from the Blade of The Ruined King can change tables on fight.. maybe its viable on a solo top.. but i stay with Bloodthrister.

Sir Bulldog

12-10-2012

If you want "pure lifesteal" then i would say blade of the ruined king is better because of its active.

But when it comes down to damage, bloodthirster is still better.

I would prob stay with bloodthirster on jayce. I think blade of the ruined king is more melee focused.

Philantrophe

01-07-2013

hmm i choose... MARDREDS!!!

PogoPogoPogoPogo

01-07-2013

Blade of the Ruined King's active slows... and the damage (and heal amount) scale to your AD.

LoudFootSteps

01-07-2013

In my opinion, you get BT whether or not you get Blade of the Ruined King or not, unless you aren't looking for damage.

zdillon

01-08-2013

sorry i voted bt just on the title but br is much better on dualer champs jax adn champs like him jump trade br and walk away winning the trade. it is horible on adcs i play support. the active range so short that the adc has to be in mele range to use it and that means he's dead. its to costly on adc to make it good

Axiom Prime

01-08-2013

I build both...then round off with either a BC or Merc Scimitar...Well to be fair, I build my BC first and foremost no matter what, then if the enemy is tanky I'll build the BotRK, if not then BT first. Generally this combo is enough to put me over 300 AD, if their AP mid is strong in the ways of the force then I'll build the Merc Scim to add MR and AD for more burst and resistances. Then finish with a Warmogs and either an Atmas if I want more damage, or a Frozen Mallet for more health and the slow.

Proxy345

01-08-2013

Blade of the Ruined King is mostly a situational late game item while Bloodthirster is better to get early game. For Jayce,I'd get Black Cleaver,Last Whisper then get Blade of the Ruined King as a 3rd item for maximum output since it scales with physical damage and armor penetration.

Flagrock

01-08-2013

Blade of the Ruined King is situational. Also, yes IT IS GOOD ON AD CARRIES. I will grab it on AD carries if I see a really high tanky/hp team like a Mundo or Singed because 4% current hp in dmg of say like 3000 is 120 dmg on top the normal stats (which is 20 ad MORE than the BT fully stacked). However if they only have one tank sitting just at 3000 hp then the BotRK is not a good pick-up. It just depends on the team comp and situation, but the blade has replaced Madred's (I liked the 4% max hp magic dmg over AD) and it fills the same niche as good or slightly better because of the lifesteal bonus.