Sightstone needs an intermediate item.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flammabubble

12-10-2012

I feel like I'm one of the few supports that doesn't really like sight stone. My reasoning is that currently, while it saves me money, I run out of space early on as it is given how much easier it is to ward now there's a bigger emphasis on pink wards so I'm constantly low on space. In addition, the sightstone only gives me 2 wards at a time when I want to be able to ward much more than that so I still need to buy sight wards as well.

People have been equating it to a heart of gold, saying that it's just like another gp5 because it saves you money after the 9th ward, but with sightstone the difference is that you have to save up 700 gold to get it, which is a solid chunk of gold if you want to keep buying wards and you go back often. Heart of gold had the intermediate ruby crystal, it feel that if sightstone had something that built into it - no change in price, just an item that gave 100 health and built into the sightstone, it would be a much better item for people to get. If it cost around 300 gold, it would also give supports the option to start with it so that they could rush the sightstone over a gp5 if they wanted to.

Just my thoughts, I may change my mind when I try it out some more but having tried to get it a few times and only managed it when I've been having considerable success in lane, it's just frustrating to see an item I know is good not get bought because it's slightly too expensive and takes up too much space for me to get it.

Jasper Jjkj

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

With new passive gold increase and new masteries such as pickpocket, the amount of gold u can generate covers cost of buying it straightaway without intermediate.

I personally am able to afford a sight stone after my 2nd back without an excessive amount of assists

Beaumains

12-10-2012

Being able to get Sightstone at level one (especially if it cost anything less than 475g) would be broken. However, I like the idea of it building out of a Bead or a P-stone. In any case, it should not be any less expensive than 525g, and probably not less expensive than 550 (so you could get it, but you'd have to get the right runes & masteries and still wait ~10-15s after minion spawn).

Flammabubble

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumains View Post
Being able to get Sightstone at level one (especially if it cost anything less than 475g) would be broken. However, I like the idea of it building out of a Bead or a P-stone. In any case, it should not be any less expensive than 525g, and probably not less expensive than 550 (so you could get it, but you'd have to get the right runes & masteries and still wait ~10-15s after minion spawn).
I never said to change the price of the sight stone, the price is fine as it is. My issue is that it doesn't build out of anything, so to get it you have to fork out 700 gold straight up which can be awkward if you want to keep buying wards in between and still get gp5's.

Sightstone gives 100 health, having an item that just gave 100 health and cost say, 325 gold would allow you to get that and 2 wards (without masteries), and then you could buy the upgrade into sightstone for only 375 gold which is much more affordable. It doesn't change the price, it just changes the accessibility.

Flammabubble

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper Jjkj View Post
With new passive gold increase and new masteries such as pickpocket, the amount of gold u can generate covers cost of buying it straightaway without intermediate.

I personally am able to afford a sight stone after my 2nd back without an excessive amount of assists
I've certainly had games where that's happened, but more often than not I'm finding myself not having enough for the sight stone, so I buy some wards and get my gp5, then my next recall still doesn't give me with quite enough so I have to get something else and buy some more wards, and after that I don't really have the space to get that then still efficiently build an Aegis, so just having that intermediate item I feel wouldn't be that big a change, but would a) give supports another option for a start item, and b) make sight stone more accessible.

Slayer1557

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

700 gold is just fine. If you cannot get that in a single recall, you must be doing very poorly. If I can get a single kill on my ADC before going back, I'm usually between 700-900 gold when I decide to go back. Although I don't usually get sightstone first, I certainly could. I highly recommend NOT getting sightstone first. I personally get philo or chalice first, and make do with what wards I can buy.

Adding another Health component item is pointless.

KiserSaySo

05-08-2013

If I had my way, you could "charge" the sightstone

For each ward you purchase you add a charge to sightstone, this charge is permanent.
Example:
Blue sightstone has 4 charges. 2 wards can be placed at a time. ...buy a regular ward, sightstone increases to 3 wards can be placed at a time with 5 totally charges.
Ruby sightstone: has 3 at a time with 5 charges. purchase a pink ward the ratio is 4 to 6.

This effectively creates a new strategy in warding, increases vision, increases item efficiency and does not have an adverse affect on the game.

Hadien

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flammabubble View Post
I never said to change the price of the sight stone, the price is fine as it is. My issue is that it doesn't build out of anything, so to get it you have to fork out 700 gold straight up which can be awkward if you want to keep buying wards in between and still get gp5's.

Sightstone gives 100 health, having an item that just gave 100 health and cost say, 325 gold would allow you to get that and 2 wards (without masteries), and then you could buy the upgrade into sightstone for only 375 gold which is much more affordable. It doesn't change the price, it just changes the accessibility.
how about an item that is 200 gold and gives 2 explorer wards (not ghost wards)? Unlike other sightstones it doesn't resupply on recall so you only get 2 wards total out of the buy... but it builds into a sightstone which does resupply (ghost wards).

the point is you're spending an extra 50 gold for 2 1 minute wards, but in the end it helps you get to sightstones easier without sacrificing early game warding.