"I'm 1st pick so fk u"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Are you actually not understanding this isn't what the op is saying? The op is raging that people first picked mid or whatever role after he called it. Good god.
If I'm first pick, I don't care who calls what. I'm going to decide on what champ/role I want to play and play it. If someone asks nicely to be mid or whatever, I might consider it depending on how much I want to play it, but it's my choice as to role and I won't feel remotely bad playing whatever I want. I'm first pick.
Conversely, if I'm outside the first 2-3 picks (depending on what side I'm on), I immediately say "I'll fill in " in chat. I recognize that I have a low pick and so will take whatever the higher picks don't want to play.

Not that complicated guys. One way leads to everyone playing their preferred role 20% of the time. Other way leads to fastest typist playing their preferred role 100% of the time. No brainer.

swilson

12-10-2012

First pick is the highest elo on the team, lol.

jurast

12-10-2012

Heres how I look at it, when I pick before you, it doesn't matter what you called I am going to play what role i want to since i choose earlier. Just because you can type "mid" or "top" quicker than i can doesn't mean I have to let you have that role. Now when I am last pick I will fill in for what the first pickers choose, I don't sit there and complain "but I called it first". For those of you that think calling a role as last pick locks it in for you, get over yourself. So tired of the last picks saying one role and thinking they are going to get in, then crying when they don't and threatening to troll and feed.

light079

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0jectseph View Post
...do you know how many times I have heard this?(or similar)

Why can't people learn that:

A: Every person has a (20%) chance to get 1st pick. (Unless grouped, in which case the leader absorbs both %'s to get a 40%+ chance)

...it does NOT mean you are the highest elo.

B: First picking a mid is a great way to get countered.

..which funnily enough, if you WERE, in fact, a high elo...you'd probably already realize this..

I had to dodge 2x games now. And score a 1 hour ban because people telling me there is some kind of "Pecking order".

Freaking ridiculous.

TO CLARIFY In a ranked match the team leader/first pick/captain IS (generally) the person on your team with the HIGHEST elo [(unless ranked servers screw up) and they still are even if they are a complete and total douchnosel]

BUT

In normal queues it has the 20% chance to become captain and ban/get first pick

Also it shouldn't matter that they take a certain role if you are a good player you will be able to change what position or role you play (rather than just queue dodge and waste everybodys time)

PhoenixDog

12-10-2012

I simply ask. When the champ select comes up, I call "ADC Plz". Most people are normally pretty okay with it, since I'm not simply saying "I'm ADC or I throw the game". I'm simply asking for it. If someone else wants it because they're a higher pick, so be it. I'll do something else. However, I've run into very few issues when I kindly request a particular role, rather than expect one.

Synxrgy

12-10-2012

This seems to be the case in most games, so many selfish and immature players now

BadZombieAsh

12-11-2012

Regardless, pick order is pick order. The guys on top get their choice, the guys on bottom get the leftovers. If you're playing normals, you have a shot at getting what you went on occasion. I've found with politeness you can usually get what you ask for. In ranked, it means get your elo up or get used to filling.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadZombieAsh View Post
In ranked, it means get your elo up or get used to filling.
Unless you are at the very bottom of Elo (like as in 0 Elo) or at the very, very top, you're going to still have a 20% chance of being 1st pick, 20% chance of being 2nd pick, 20% chance of being 3rd pick, 20% chance of being 4th pick, and 20% chance of being 5th pick in ranked solo queue.

Flagrock

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Unless you are at the very bottom of Elo (like as in 0 Elo) or at the very, very top, you're going to still have a 20% chance of being 1st pick, 20% chance of being 2nd pick, 20% chance of being 3rd pick, 20% chance of being 4th pick, and 20% chance of being 5th pick in ranked solo queue.
Technically this is how it "should" work. I know from experience from S2 ranked, if you are around the 90s of that bracket like 1090 or 1190 you usually are first pick, if you are in the bottom part like 1110 or 1010, you're last pick. I remember watching my ELO and being able to predict "I'll be last 2 picks, or I'll be first 2 picks". I think the servers try to put you with the same groups in 100 elos. I might be off and it might be switched, but that's I have found it to work off of experience.

But, the pick system being the way of "who gets what" is a fair system that most people go by. That's just how it is. You technically have a 20% chance to be first, second, etc. so, that is a much better system that "oh I called that it's mine" system. This is the grown up system if you want to go back to elementry school and "THIS IS MINE I DESERVE IT" you can, but please leave the good people of LoL out of your gaming choices. I do however support trying to pick the best positions and work with my team. If you read my earlier post that explains it a bit more, but seriously, the order pick system is the best we'll find so everyone can be happy.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-11-2012

Well that may be accurate where X00 through X19 get 5th pick, X20-X39 get 4th. X40-X59 get 3rd. X60-X79 get 2nd, and X80-X99 get 1st pick. But in essence, when you're gaining/losing 11-14 Elo per match (after placement matches), you're going to be in any one of these brackets about 20% of the time. Even once you are set at your perfect Elo, if you're capable of going on winning/losing streaks of at least 4 games, you can end up in all five brackets.