Elo Hell?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thedrg

12-10-2012

I don't believe in it.
I started this season at 700 Elo due to lack of ranked games played late Season 2. (Thanks to the Soft Elo Reset)

When I first started playing ranked at the beginning of Season 2, I was not ready, I will admit. But the biggest problem was when I went on a 10 game losing streak due to stubbornness of wanting to win, instead of just relaxing, and taking a break.

This season I noticed the exact same thing happen to me. And I have it logged.

My advice, take it or leave it, is simple.
If you truly feel that you do not belong in the Elo you are currently in, and are wondering why you cannot get out of "Elo Hell", it is most likely your attitude, and I suggest taking my advice into account.

1. First game of the day, do not start off with a Ranked Match, do a few normal games first.
2. If you have Lost 2 Ranked Games in a row, stop ranked for a little bit, either by playing normals, or just take a break from the game in general.
3. If you Win 5 Ranked Games in a row, stop ranked for a little bit, don't blow your streak by getting overconfident (It may not be the case with everyone, but it could be luck based too)

Take a look at my recent log that I started. You'll notice that I have a lot of Losses in a row. That was the stubbornness I was talking about above. When I noticed this in my log, I changed my attitude, and the way/ when I play, and then you'll notice that I have a lot of Wins in a row.

And to all you Gold+ players, I will see you soon.

http://imgur.com/EHssp

Good Luck on the Fields of Justice.

Nephilum

12-10-2012

Unless you are an amazing player you are going to stay near the elo you are currently at. Sorry buddy, but I just don't think gold is in your future.

thedrg

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephilum View Post
Unless you are an amazing player you are going to stay near the elo you are currently at. Sorry buddy, but I just don't think gold is in your future.
Well then, I'll hold that to ya. And we will see in the near future.

And I also forgot to mention that I stopped playing League for around 4 months, which would excuse the reason why I have a lack of Ranked Games played late Season 2.

Edit: Also Nephilum, I noticed you are level 6. Show your real face before trying to bring others down bro.

thedrg

12-10-2012

And a reminder as to why the lack of Ranked Games played late Season 2 is excusable is because of the Soft Elo Reset.

Once again, Have fun. And GL.

Jsao

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

http://www.editgrid.com

Here you go, OP. It's the site I used when I logged my ELO gains/losses

SunnyDays

12-10-2012

Elo Hell does exist. Im sorry who don't think so.