How is this Culture of Maining Not Considered a Problem?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oyxl

12-10-2012

I main the following champs;

Support:

Leona
Lulu
Nami

Jungle
Nunu
Diana
Amumu

Jayce
... ye, just Jayce

Mid
I hate mid. Period.

So obviously, I see where I can improve, but I'm versatile between two roles, which are also the least picked roles in most matches. I keep adding more champs to my list, but I'm not a veteran player just yet, so I have had limited time to spend with each champion.

I understand your concept, I just think it's human nature to "stick" to what you play best.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nick

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by F3ls0ng View Post
Then play dota? Dota has very simple counters for everything, it doesnt take much more than a decent understanding of champion abilities and items to play.
The are plenty of people that mained in Dota as well.
Mechanics between champs in LoL are very different is alot of cases. especially across archtypes. They take alot of practice to play with really well.

Ex. Lee Sin vs Faceless Void (derp). Faceless is super simple to play, Intelligence and game knowledge with determine the goods from the bads. But is also very easier counter, and completely useless (by simply building a butterfly, or being able to kite him)
lee Sin takes alot of practice to get used to this skill shots in relation to every single other champ in the game. As well as not being so simply countered.

It's pretty easy to find examples of high skill characters and low skill characters in both games. This kind of logic is pretty flawed. I would not say that it takes any less practice to play Dota 2's entire character pool as it does to play LoL's.