Kayle Jungle Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SnugglyBunnies

12-11-2012

I have been working on a self-sufficient start for Kayle that doesn't include machete... since I think being stuck with machete is ****. </3 macheteonlyjunglestartok Riot... </3

This said, I know jungle Kayle is very good, even having to start machete... the ganks!

So your laner you gank for is low and the enemy tries to finish them with tower dive? Heal/Bubble and kill.

Hilarious rage text ensues.

doombotMECHA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrocles View Post
Hi, noob question maybe, but how do I look up your page to see your runes and masteries?

I love kayle top or mid, but would love to branch out into her other skill sets.
put his name in the little search bubble inside summoner profile, click on the runes and masteries tabs to see his

Goth Skunk

12-12-2012

Here's how I do my Jungle Kayle:

Masteries are 9/12/9
Attack speed red runes, armor yellows, scaling magic resist blues, and attack speed quints.

Machete/5 pots
Now, I start Wraiths. Someone mentioned earlier they do Wolves> Blue, but I go Wraiths>Red. I do this because the red buff helps early game clear. The route is as follows:

Wraiths>Red>Wolves>Wraiths*>Blue>Wolves>Mini golems>in perpetua

Skill order is as follows:
E->W->W->Q->Q->R

* = During this wraith camp, your heal will be off coldown and you'll be about 50% health with the blue buff on. Resist the temptation to heal yourself until you've cleared the camp. You should earn enough experience to hit level 3 and gain your second point into heal. Once you get that, THEN cast it. The extra 40 HP you heal with the level 2 heal is a significant chunk.

Now the reason I chose masteries that don't specialize in any one particular discipline is because when you make your first few trips back from the jungle, You'll want to turn your Machete into a spirit stone and get yourself Berzerker boots. At this point you should start thinking about whether your team would be better suited with an AP centric jungler, or an AD centric one, and upgrade your spirit stone accordingly.

Spirit of the Spectral Wraith is good for its CDR and spellvamp, offering more sustain than the Spirit of the Lizard Elder upgrade. On the other hand, the Lizard Elder upgrade offers more up-front damage and the Ignite passive. Which, with Kayle's E, is REALLY COOL in teamfights and against minion waves. EVERYBODY goes up in flames.

Sokolniki

12-12-2012

Kayle Jungle feels pretty good right now. To start off with, she can lvl to 4 around the 3:40-3:50 mark pretty early with a Wolf>Blue>Wraith>Wolf>Red>Wraith path. She can also do a Golem Wraith Wolf Blue Path as well... While getting Blue is important for Kayle, it isn't critical to get it until late into lvl 2.

A big advantage she has over most other jungles is that even as a carry, Attack Speed is a preferred stat for her so running heavily into Attack Speed is actually beneficial over other stats all the way into her end game... so she also has little need to upgrade Machete into a Spirit Stone or Wriggles so she doesn't have to delay her core items as much as other Junglers, and she doesn't much mind filling her rune page with a lot of AS runes. Additionally, unlike 90% of the Junglers, Zephyr is a VERY beneficial item on Kayle and allows you to really rush Zerker's or Ionia boots very early on and still have an option for Tenacity and not really have to slow down your build up in damage like the other Tenacity Options tend to do.

With enough AS on your runepage, you can forgo Bladed Armor and still get the 3:40-50ish clear time and spend your extra 9 points... really anywhere you damned wish and still hit lvl 4 with 50%ish HP.

Now, what hasn't changed. Certain junglers with significant gap closers beyond move speed steroids can counter jungle her rather aggressively... but those who are reliant on move speed steroids can usually be kited or chased for days. You'll be low on farm by the time the end game begins, you'll still want a laning RADC, and you'll want to be spread wide from the other RADC so that the enemy assassin/bruisers can't dive you both, CC you while focusing the other carry and not have to worry about you popping your ult to save em... alternatively, your ult gives you an option to bait a lot of valuable cooldowns by making someone seem out of position, and ulting them as the enemy team takes the bait and allow you to start the teamfight with the enemy team short on a lot of very valuable cooldowns for virtually no damage to show for it.

Also, Kayle+Morg still have insane synergy with their Defensive Spells. Pop W and Ult on an assassin while Morg pops black shield on the same target, and the only things stopping him from instagibbing the enemy carry is another Kayle, a Zilean or the Guardian Angel. Pop these spells on the hard carry, and they'll go berzerk all over the enemy team.

doombotMECHA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

I just wanted to state here that, in case you need to be the AOE char, runaan's creates 3x the e blasts, when allied with elder lizard is hilarious, if not actually effective. better for AP builds.

Quexana

12-12-2012

I play jungle Kayle a lot. The major thing about her is she is a jungle carry. In order for her to work well late game, you need a tanky top laner to protect you like Malphite or Singed. If someone decides they want to play a top lane Teemo, don't go Kayle. Rageblade is the money Kayle item, but right now I've been building zerk greaves, zeal, Black Cleaver, Phantom Dancer, because why the hell not. Black Cleaver is so good.

Sokolniki

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by doombotMECHA View Post
I just wanted to state here that, in case you need to be the AOE char, runaan's creates 3x the e blasts, when allied with elder lizard is hilarious, if not actually effective. better for AP builds.
I've actually watched her attacks very carefully... the secondary hits from Hurricane do NOT proc the AoE.

They proc Magic On-Hit bonus damage that comes from its base and AP Coefficient, and procs her Passive debuff, resulting in two targets getting 2 purple numbers popping over their heads per attack, not all targets within range of each other receiving 3 sets of purple numbers popping over their heads.