Morello You Got Your Wish...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CarePoliceLoL

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralik098 View Post
Ehh, I kind of disagree with that last part, as it is her offensive itemization options feel non-existent. TF doesn't feel like it is worth building and neither does Wit's End. Zephyr isn't worth building until later in the game as like a 3rd or 4th item at best due to its terrible components. Frozen Mallet is more of a defensive utility item. Leaving nothing but Black Cleaver, but it is a very counter intuitive item and it feels odd building it on a champion with true damage and only two physical abilities on their kit. I think this is why she is being built solely through HP stacking in competitive games now.

These changes might bring back TF into a decent item and will almost certainly remove BC as an option. Hopefully this happens and it kills this straight HP stacking build, it is lame and boring. I'd love to see them do something with Zephyr next.
First of all by saying it's not even tragic I meant she's not Nasus level. She is playable.

Also, I don't understand why you would even think of building Cleaver on Irelia. Stop watching Wickd stream as he fails while trying to build her glass cannon. She's a bruiser with a gap closer (like Jax) not a true assasin.

Secondly Triforce is still the way to go even after nerfs and cost increase. The best build for now is Triforce + Warmog/Guardian. You can also build Wit's end vs AP top.

I've tried to find some best summoners with Irelia on lolking but sadly not many of them played her in last 10 matches so I can show you their builds (but I assure you 95% of them builds her S2 style adding warmog - I often check them). Here are some examples:
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/22868666#profile 1900 elo only one game but got Triforce.
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/31837161#history 1666 elo He got triforce in 7 out of 8 games.
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/20845130#history 1800 elo. Triforce or on way to build it in every game.

You can also build her with full HP stack (warmog + sunfire) and add zephyr like asians.

Irelia Carries U

01-25-2013

i feel like we need a new thread for this lmao, we'r'e making this into a long scroll of discussion

KH Roxas

01-25-2013

lately my core has just been triforce boots and warmogs then situational afterwards as the warmogs really helps her keep in line with other champions and the health regen is very effective on her, triforce still synergises amazingly with her kit, that hasnt changed, and BC is an item i would not build often either , not really the kind of item i feel generally fits into her 6 item build and playstyle

EDIT: surely there is a red post coming, this thread has been active for so long and had a large number of upvotes and replies, there is no way Riot employees havent noticed the thread, a response would be deeply appreciated

ruthlessocelot

01-25-2013

When morello was in doubt he nerfed irelia. Again. then again. Then nerfed her items. Then made the meta counter her. Then made BC basically roflstomp but she can't use very effectively at all. THANKS A LOT MORELLO -_____________________- a lot

SubZero034

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

riot please

Ordo Irelius

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finshark96 View Post
EDIT: surely there is a red post coming, this thread has been active for so long and had a large number of upvotes and replies, there is no way Riot employees havent noticed the thread, a response would be deeply appreciated
You'd be...unpleasantly surprised at how many balance related posts have a large amount of upvotes yet no relevant red post (a post made by the live balance team or champion design team, instead of someone else like griftrix.)

Irelia Carries U

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo Irelius View Post
You'd be...unpleasantly surprised at how many balance related posts have a large amount of upvotes yet no relevant red post (a post made by the live balance team or champion design team, instead of someone else like griftrix.)
oh i tried her in normals to see if i can 1v5 if i get myself super fed, didnt work out lol was 14/0/10 when i tried with 200 cs and 3+ levels on them, i did live for like 10 seconds though, back to ranked

Ordo Irelius

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelia Carries U View Post
oh i tried her in normals to see if i can 1v5 if i get myself super fed, didnt work out lol was 14/0/10 when i tried with 200 cs and 3+ levels on them, i did live for like 10 seconds though, back to ranked
What build do you personally prefer atm?

Ralik098

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarePoliceLoL View Post
First of all by saying it's not even tragic I meant she's not Nasus level. She is playable.
Every champion in the game is playable.

Quote:

Also, I don't understand why you would even think of building Cleaver on Irelia. Stop watching Wickd stream as he fails while trying to build her glass cannon. She's a bruiser with a gap closer (like Jax) not a true assasin.
I don't think that building BC is a good idea. I only mentioned it because so many people have watched Wickd and thought that it was a good idea. Read through some of this thread or others on this subject and you will see people suggesting it.

Quote:

Secondly Triforce is still the way to go even after nerfs and cost increase. The best build for now is Triforce + Warmog/Guardian. You can also build Wit's end vs AP top.

I've tried to find some best summoners with Irelia on lolking but sadly not many of them played her in last 10 matches so I can show you their builds (but I assure you 95% of them builds her S2 style adding warmog - I often check them). Here are some examples:
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/22868666#profile 1900 elo only one game but got Triforce.
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/31837161#history 1666 elo He got triforce in 7 out of 8 games.
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/20845130#history 1800 elo. Triforce or on way to build it in every game.

You can also build her with full HP stack (warmog + sunfire) and add zephyr like asians.
I don't think TF is worth building as it is now. I've been watching a lot of competitive games since the S3 update and I have only seen it built on her three times. Two of them were MegaZero in the NA qualifiers and once was in the EU quals. MegaZero did decently and the other guy got crushed. Every other game I have seen has been with the HP stacking build with a Zephyr thrown in on the end if the game goes ~40-50 mins.

No offence, but I don't really care what people are building on her in solo queue.

Last season was great, you had several different ways you could build her. There was TF/GA which was obviously the dominant build. You could go tankrelia with a Frozen Mallet and there was that weird full AS build that showed up near the end of the season with Ionic Spark. I don't feel like you really have that many options this season.

Ordo Irelius

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralik098 View Post
No offence, but I don't really care what people are building on her in solo queue.

Last season was great, you had several different ways you could build her. There was TF/GA which was obviously the dominant build. You could go tankrelia with a Frozen Mallet and there was that weird full AS build that showed up near the end of the season with Ionic Spark. I don't feel like you really have that many options this season.
To be completely fair, most of us should probably should care about solo queue builds more than tournament builds, simply because we usually play solo queue, and tournaments have much more coordination, something that is often lacking in solo queue.

Agree with you about S2 itemization though. S3 itemization, albeit often effective, is extremely bland and boring.