Morello You Got Your Wish...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cloud273

02-26-2013

Irelia is crying more than Ashe right now (we need a pic of this). Poor Irelia...

Irelia Carries U

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud273 View Post
Irelia is crying more than Ashe right now (we need a pic of this). Poor Irelia...
stahp, irelia doesnt cry, she still has players rolling with her as does ashe

cryte

02-26-2013

Morello, pls

Prew

02-26-2013

Morello respond pls. We need an answer.

A Dying Dream

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prew View Post
Morello respond pls. We need an answer.
He did respond, in a tweet.

Ralik098

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dying Dream View Post
He did respond, in a tweet.
He didn't really tell us much of anything though. They have said stuff like that in the past, I'll believe him when we either get details posted here or something goes up on PBE.

Ordo Irelius

02-27-2013

All this talk about armor screwing BotRK up is honestly pretty useless. Irelia never did a lot of damage to tanks, and this didn't change a lot in S3. BotRK fixes 2 big issues S3 brings to Irelia, carries getting warmogs and people rushing warmogs as first/second major item.

Currently, rushing warmogs really screws Irelia over, especially if you are against champions that don't need a lot of offensive items, like elise or garen. BotRK fixes this issue, since it's very hard for champions to get large amounts of health and armor at the same time early game, and if they do, chances are they can get offensive items and screw you over harder.

Carries late game really won't be getting a hell lot of armor, and if they rush warmogs BotRK should add a good 50+ dps or more to your damage (remember, BotRK gives AS), along with a bit more survivability and a great passive for a medium amount of gold.

So personally, I'd probably rush it if my laning opponent rushes warmogs, or get it as my 3rd/4th item otherwise. Wit's end/zephyr are great alternatives if the enemy is not stacking a lot of health, but I don't think it will be happening all that often.

Ralik098

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dying Dream View Post
I guess I'll ramble a little bit.

For as long as I can remember, around Feb 2010, Phage items have always been built on Irelia. It's been extremely, extremely rare to see Irelia builds without Trinity Force or Frozen Mallet, short of Wickd screwing around in solo queue out of boredom.

And it's probably going to stay like that.

But hey, **** it, I like to try new things sometimes.

Phage
1465g
200 HP
20 AD
25% chance to slow by 30% for 2 seconds

We buy Phage to help us stick to our targets. We want to slow them, get more auto attacks off, and eventually turn it into another item.

For 1600 gold, you could get Furor enchantments and two Dorans Blades.

That's:
160 HP
20 AD
10 additional HP a hit
12% boost every auto attack (390 movespeed becomes 432 peak and decays)

Obviously not very useful if you aren't the type to go for early T2 boots (I often do) but potentially workable otherwise.

Beyond that, I go into Wits End and Randuins Omen and go from there.

I don't have a solid opinion on it all yet, but I've been enjoying doing something different for once. Just thought I'd throw something around to discuss since the thread is otherwise pretty boring.
I usually don't get my tier two boots early on unless I am up against someone like Renekton where a Tabi shuts down a good portion of their damage. I just think that phage gives you so much killing potential early in laning phase if you get a slow proc. It gives you a mix of defense and offense and that slow allows you extra hits. Plus it is a flexible opening in that you can either go with the Tankrelia(Frozen Mallet), or Trinity Irelia depending on how laning phase goes and the rest of your team comp. However, I will admit that it may not be worth rushing first in S3 because of its nerfs.

I have never really like Doran's Blades for Irelia unless you are in a really tough matchup and need to back early and short on gold. The major problem I have with Doran's Items is that they don't upgrade into anything. But, it does help you stay in those really tough lanes because it is so cost efficient early on. I'm not sure if it is better to grab a Doran's Blade or Doran's Shield. Thoughts on Doran's Shield?

I actually think just rushing a giant's belt first might be the best option against mixed damage dealers. HP is so cheap this season and Irelia does just fine in midgame without buying damage items. I've always preferred counter building against my lane first followed up by buying my damage items.

Ralik098

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordo Irelius View Post
All this talk about armor screwing BotRK up is honestly pretty useless. Irelia never did a lot of damage to tanks, and this didn't change a lot in S3. BotRK fixes 2 big issues S3 brings to Irelia, carries getting warmogs and people rushing warmogs as first/second major item.

Currently, rushing warmogs really screws Irelia over, especially if you are against champions that don't need a lot of offensive items, like elise or garen. BotRK fixes this issue, since it's very hard for champions to get large amounts of health and armor at the same time early game, and if they do, chances are they can get offensive items and screw you over harder.

Carries late game really won't be getting a hell lot of armor, and if they rush warmogs BotRK should add a good 50+ dps or more to your damage (remember, BotRK gives AS), along with a bit more survivability and a great passive for a medium amount of gold.

So personally, I'd probably rush it if my laning opponent rushes warmogs, or get it as my 3rd/4th item otherwise. Wit's end/zephyr are great alternatives if the enemy is not stacking a lot of health, but I don't think it will be happening all that often.
Only one more day until we get to mess around with it and find out.

Irelia Carries U

02-27-2013

you know i thought we were going to lose late game but lets face it, it doesnt matter if their graves has warmogs when you can sit on him with mallet not giving a damn about them peeling for him 5.3k health 200+ armor 150+ mr irelia, ended up carrying, got my adc fed by being the front line as well, a very difficult game, still pulled through