Morello You Got Your Wish...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ToteTwoTechs

12-10-2012

You nerfed every single item Irelia uses, wp wp. You even managed to do it so no one would notice that the whole new patch was a huge plot to nerf her. As nerfed, triforce nerfed, wit end nerfed, ninja tabi nerfed, ga nerfed. WHAT DIDNT YOU PLAN MORELLO YOU SICK TWISTED MAN. All along you have planned this even playing along with the "nerf irelia" joke, yet while others were joking you were being serious.

Who would have thought your hatred for irelia would be this great that you devote whole patches just to nerf her without an outrage? You even blatantly made the black cleaver fiasco to pull attention away from the nerf to irelia. We should have known that it was a trick, I mean who honestly would have let that in the game other than to fuel your evil plans. DAM YOU MORELLO DAM YOU TO ELO HELL AND MAY MORDEKAISER ULT YOUR SOUL

Edit: Morello must answer for his heinous crimes against irelia, keep bumping the thread untill the evil one replys.

UPDATE
I feel like riot wants a real wall of text here. However Im not that great at that so Ill post some of the comments that are good. May change every so often but morello has no excuse to not reply to this.Also thanks for all who bumped and upvoted, also special thanks to ralik098 for the post below and for the many bamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralik098 View Post
I wouldn't lie to you guys. Irelia is a bruiser that have terrible scaling, but amazing base stats. That makes her good with tanky items which have been nerfed. Most of the other top laners have really good scaling and since AD was buffed + a lot more AD bruiser items that will always indirectly nerf her.
TLDR Irelia's tanky items got nerfed and the others damage items buffed.--Wickd

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...elia_had_been/

As far as I can tell the factors that are causing this are:

1) Attack speed nerfs
Everyone knows how much she loves getting attack speed.

2) Resistance nerfs
Everyone also knows that she loves tank stats, with these stats receiving major nerfs. She doesn't have many reasonable builds options right now except maybe HP stacking with Frozen Mallet into... something. The problem with that build is you really don't do much of anything once mid game passes by.

3) HP buffs
HP buffs are a major problem since stacking HP is a direct counter to true damage

4) Cheap AD
A large percentage of the viable top laners are good with buying lots of AD, she doesn't do so well with it. So this means all the AD based bruisers (there are many of them), just got a major buff.

5) AP top lanes are the same as ever
So while many AD bruisers get buffed, these guys stay about as powerful as they were pre-patch. Which means relative to Irelia, they are even stronger now.

6) Masteries are worse
(AD moved down the chart, Indomitable GONE) Losing Indomitable hurts sooooo bad, I don't know why other people are not seeing this one. I thought they wanted people to be aggressive, not passive? Without Indomitable you are going to take an additional 20-30 points of damage in EVERY trade, this adds up fast. This single change is hurting so much in laning phase that it is pushing you back into doing nothing but passive farming. I can understand why they did it since it made freezing the lane so easy, but that doesn't change the fact that it hurts her so much more relative to other top laners since you can't harass at all without pulling minion aggro.

7) None of the new items help.
None of the new items seem particularly useful for her except maybe Zephyr or maybe starting with the Crystalline Flask. Many of the new items are quite a large buff for the other champions that she has to face *COUGH* Black Cleaver COUGH*. So while many got help from this patch, she got next to nothing. At least the nerfs to BC should help slightly.

8) Her itemization has only gotten WORSE with this patch (removal of many items that she builds)
Ionic spark removed, FoN removed. Everything that she can reasonably build was nerfed except for maybe Mallet. In a patch where 20 something new items were released, her options only shrunk.

The only change that was favorable was that lifesteal became more difficult to pick up.

Everyone around her has either gotten better, or remained the same. This patch forces you into passivity and reduces your itemization options. So yeah from my perspective as an Irelia player, this patch is a major step backwards.
Edit: WOW I DIDNT THINK THIS THREAD WOULD GET SUCH A HUGE SUPPORT, how has morello not replied to this smfh. For those of you who dont know, morello said on twitter that they are going to "fix" irelia what ever that means (probably butcher her and make us all sad, but you never know lol). Botrk is going to get 40% AS next patch which mean irelia now has a way to counter the health meta!

Extra thanks to the people who have supported this thread and done more bumps than even me lol, i never thought it would get over 750 (now 850) upvotes. Im sure I missed a couple of you so sorry in advance:
Ordo Irelius
Irelia Carries U
Finshark96
GENTLEWORM

xAltairis

12-10-2012

If the enemy team was AP heavy, I would put Force of Nature somewhere along in her build too.
AND THEN IT GOT REMOVED.

Ralik098

12-10-2012

Irelia's win rate was just over 50% pre S3 patch.

Take a look at it day by day since the patch came out.

http://www.lolking.net/champions/irelia#statistics

12/5 47%
12/6 47%
12/7 47%
12/8 46%

Its dropping hard as people figure out the patch, it was a massive nerf for her. Literally every single item she buys got nerfed or REMOVED. The new items suck.... the S3 patch just outright sucks and it looks like it nerfed her to hard. I'm sure the BC nerf will help slightly, but she really needs something if she is going to be a decent pick again.

A 46% winrate is starting to drop down with the worst 10-20 champions in the game. Of course win rate isn't everything and LoLKing isn't 100% accurate, but its still something worth looking at.

As far as I can tell the factors that are causing this are:

1) Attack speed nerfs
Everyone knows how much she loves getting attack speed.

2) Resistance nerfs
Everyone also knows that she loves tank stats, with these stats receiving major nerfs. She doesn't have many reasonable build options right now except maybe HP stacking Frozen Mallet into... something. The problem with that build is you really don't do much of anything once mid game passes by.

3) HP buffs
HP buffs are a major problem since stacking HP is a direct counter to true damage

4) Cheap AD
A large percentage of the viable top laners are good with buying lots of AD, she doesn't do so well with it. So this means all the AD based bruisers (there are many of them), just got a major buff.

5) AP top lanes are the same as ever
So while many AD bruisers get buffed, these guys stay about as powerful as they were pre-patch. Which means relative to Irelia, they are even stronger now.

6) Masteries are worse
(AD moved down the chart, Indomitable GONE) Losing Indomitable hurts sooooo bad, I don't know why other people are not seeing this one. I thought they wanted people to be aggressive, not passive? Without Indomitable you are going to take an additional 20-30 points of damage in EVERY trade, this adds up fast. This single change is hurting so much in laning phase that it is pushing you back into doing nothing but passive farming. I can understand why they did it since it made freezing the lane so easy, but that doesn't change the fact that it hurts her so much more relative to other top laners since you can't harass at all without pulling minion aggro.

7) None of the new items help.
None of the new items seem particularly useful for her except maybe Zephyr or maybe starting with the Crystalline Flask. Many of the new items are quite a large buff for the other champions that she has to face *COUGH* Black Cleaver COUGH*. So while many got help from this patch, she got next to nothing. At least the nerfs to BC should help slightly.

8) Her itemization has only gotten WORSE with this patch (removal of many items that she builds)
Ionic spark removed, FoN removed. Everything that she can reasonably build was nerfed except for maybe Mallet. In a patch where 20 something new items were released, her options only shrunk.

The only change that was favorable was that lifesteal became more difficult to pick up.

Everyone around her has either gotten better, or remained the same. This patch forces you into passivity and reduces your itemization options. So yeah from my perspective as an Irelia player, this patch is a major step backwards.

S3 is a giant nerf to Irelia

lmaonade200

12-10-2012

would read again

Ralik098

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by smXho View Post
zephyr was nerfed?
Zephyr sucks, it is a pure offensive item. It offers nothing that you want as a laning item. A melee champion with no defensive steriods can't afford such an expensive and pure offensive item like Zephyr without exploding in teamfights. That is just how I personally feel about it, but of course I could be wrong, I hope I'm wrong.

EDIT- Starting to think I was very wrong about Zephyr, it might be ok.

ToteTwoTechs

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralik098 View Post
Zephyr sucks, it is a pure offensive item. It offers nothing that you want as a laning item. A melee champion with no defensive steriods can't afford such an expensive and pure offensive item like Zephyr without exploding in teamfights.
Yep, I tried it out but it kinda sucks on Irelia. You do "tons of damage" even without the triforce but you also die in one shot. If im roflstomping I get it after my ga sometimes.

StriderCatt

12-10-2012

I am behind this thread 100%. Tried playing Irelia for a few games right after the patch(she was one of my mains pre-patch) and I couldn't do anything with her. Her laning phase was incredibly weak. Her itemization was limited and weakened significantly. The speed at which she can get said items was even nerfed with the price increases to things like Phage. It's really depressing to see a champ go from amazing to almost unplayable from one patch.

KetiaX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

How is 90% CC reduction a nerf....?

Irelia Passive (40%), Tenacity item (35%), Tenacity Mastery (15%).

And btw, Voyboy just obliterated as Irelia in a competitive play just now.

Ronald McDonald

12-10-2012

Yeah I picked up Irelia again today, and once I get Triforce I try and jump on carries. All I think is "Wow. I do absolutely no damage and I am completely irrelevant at this point."

BraumBackMountin

12-10-2012

Nmst you sick twisted ****!!! What did irelia ever do to you!!!!! How dare you destroy every item that just screams irelia!! You made her a skin...... Only to spit in our faces when we find out you nerfed the **** out of her again!!! How ****ing dare you!!!