Connection Failure: Unable to connect to the PVP.net server

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Greatrabe

12-05-2012

I did play yesterday after the preseason 3 patch but today when I try to login I get this error. I was getting the Zed login backsplash.

So, first I tried running the admin launcher, it updated and the login screen now had the eternum nocturne backsplash. I tried to login and got the same error again.

Next, even though I've been playing LoL on the same network and the same computer for a while I follow the instructions here:
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...hen-logging-in
I add LoLClient.exe to my windows firewall exceptions. I accidentally run LoLClient.exe, a command line window pops up for a second then disappears, then I go back to the main folder and run lol.launcher.exe, it crashes and says: PVP.net Patcher Kernel has Stopped Working.

Next I try running admin launcher again, it updates again (really small update, I remember one of the files was something about Koi Nami.) comes up, I get to login screen and I get the Connection Failure again when I try to login.

I still have the installer on my computer from a while back, so I uninstall LoL, at the end of the uninstall it says:
The following files did not self register on unregister:
... Resources\NPSWF32.dll

Next, I reinstalled with the installer I have in the same location it was before, it does not need to update. When I try to login: Connection Failure: Unable to connect to the PVP.net server. Close it and try running again: PVP.net Patcher Kernel has stopped working.
Run the admin launcher, it works but when I try to login I get the same connection failure again.

Skimming through the threads of people who have experienced the same error, I don't see anyone with a solution. Can anyone help me out?

Greatrabe

12-05-2012

I still haven't found a solution, but after quite a bit fiddling around I tried the launcher again and the launcher itself is now working, no longer giving PVP.net Patcher Kernel crash. Still unable to connect.

Greatrabe

12-06-2012

Curiously, the problem appears to have resolved itself.

Tikkie

12-07-2012

I've had this problem for 3 weeks now, and i'm f tired of it!

ElectricMutton

12-10-2012

I am also interested in a solution. Bump.