Making this thread for future reference.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dischu

12-11-2012

Was suspended for 2 weeks on 12/3/12. Was told I couldn't be perm banned for something that happened BEFORE that suspension, and have checked through the forums where a red said if you were it was a mistake.

Also, this post is to let everyone know I have learned my lesson. I will stfu and play the game. I value my account and this game too much.

Vrykonik

12-11-2012

Good luck with that. I'd just settle for you taking responsibility for your own actions no matter what happens. This goes for all the people that cry about their bans really. The society these days just doesn't accept maybe it is their fault and that they need to change. But I wish you the best in your reform.

slayersamelia

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakz NA View Post
Was suspended for 2 weeks on 12/3/12. Was told I couldn't be perm banned for something that happened BEFORE that suspension, and have checked through the forums where a red said if you were it was a mistake.

Also, this post is to let everyone know I have learned my lesson. I will stfu and play the game. I value my account and this game too much.
Wow, you waited until the penultimate ban before you decided to clean up your act?

There is still a chance you could be on the permaban list though, after all, in the time it took to go through the Tribunal you could have amassed a whole load of new reports. Seeing as you have left it so late to change your ways, don't be too surprised if it happens.

Nen Ragehard

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velore View Post
Wow, you waited until the penultimate ban before you decided to clean up your act?

There is still a chance you could be on the permaban list though, after all, in the time it took to go through the Tribunal you could have amassed a whole load of new reports. Seeing as you have left it so late to change your ways, don't be too surprised if it happens.
OP is saying he's learned from his mistakes. I hope that's true. I don't understand why you're giving him grief when he's essentially thanking the community for another chance.

Good luck, OP. But I don't think you need to "stfu." Just try to stay positive, even in those frustrating games.

slayersamelia

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nen Ragehard View Post
OP is saying he's learned from his mistakes. I hope that's true. I don't understand why you're giving him grief when he's essentially thanking the community for another chance.

Good luck, OP. But I don't think you need to "stfu." Just try to stay positive, even in those frustrating games.
I'm not giving him grief, I'm just saying that he has left it very late to change his ways. It isn't impossible, I agree.

He wants an "out" from being permabanned by old reports and I'm simply saying that it might be too late for that and he should be ready for it. After all, it takes a lot of reports to hit the Tribunal in the first place and while he was going through the last Tribunal process he could have accrued more reports - it does happen. I just don't want him to get his hopes up.

Sure I'd be happy for him to change his ways, but once you've hit the 2week ban you may find you've left it too late. I'd rather be honest with him that's all.

Tonaia

12-11-2012

Yes you can't be banned for games used in your previous case.

However, you can be banned for games that happened before your ban but AFTER the Tribunal made its case against you.

Dischu

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velore View Post
I'm not giving him grief, I'm just saying that he has left it very late to change his ways. It isn't impossible, I agree.

He wants an "out" from being permabanned by old reports and I'm simply saying that it might be too late for that and he should be ready for it. After all, it takes a lot of reports to hit the Tribunal in the first place and while he was going through the last Tribunal process he could have accrued more reports - it does happen. I just don't want him to get his hopes up.

Sure I'd be happy for him to change his ways, but once you've hit the 2week ban you may find you've left it too late. I'd rather be honest with him that's all.
No, I don't want an "out" but I have been suspended for the same thing I was already suspended for before. I read where Lyte said that isn't supposed to happen. He said it was a mistake. Just want to make sure that "mistake" doesn't cause me to get perm banned.

Should never be too late if there is still a report left.

Nen Ragehard

12-11-2012

Any reports made prior to your punishment will not enter the tribunal, that is how it works (I was a little foggy on this myself until recently). This means if you were banned today for a game you played 2 months ago, you cannot be banned in the future for a game you played yesterday.

Be good.