Why isn't AP Ezreal good?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cinchspark

12-09-2012

I don't think that Ezreal should ever be played as an AD Carry, as he's too squishy. He has no to CC to let his auto-attacks keep doing damage. His mobility is better suited for his skill-shot style, and his AP scaling on all four skills + low cooldowns (+ CDR reduction from Q) = great sustained-burst champion. To me, Twisted Fate would do better as an AD Carry due to his CC and global presence.

Layla

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

CC doesn't dictate who can be an ADC and who can't. Steroids either in the form of +Damage or +Attack Speed do. Ezreal has a +50% attack speed steroid in his passive, as well as a strong AD ratio on Mystic Shot. This coupled with his average attack range makes him an ADC.

AP Ezreal isn't bad in terms of damage. Late game Ezreal has one of the highest burst and sustained damage capabilities. Your point about lack of CC is actually what hinders AP Ez, not AD Ez. On top of that, his lane phase is atrocious because Mystic Shot is useless until he finishes Lichbane, Arcane Shift has unreliable targeting, and he has no form of wave clear outside of spamming Trueshot Barrage, which is a huge chunk of his burst damage.

Cinchspark

12-09-2012

Mystic Shot can still last hit minions (which can also proc Rising Spell Force) for the first six levels, and supplemented with a Sheen, he can do it quite easily.

Isn't AD Carries all about sustained damage? In the early game, to do damage, you need to pin opponents down, while AP is all about burst.

nwsm

12-09-2012

Why would you make two threads about this?

Cinchspark

12-09-2012

This thread is more to the point and is shorter. It's more about input.

SodiumAzide

12-09-2012

AP ez can be terrifying, but he has this giant throbbing weakpoint in terms of his ability to wave clear. As an ADC he can chunk you with his q, win duels with his w, and his e can reposition him in a teamfight. Hs ulti can grab kills on runners or simply chunk a team or farm a wave. AP ez might use his skills better but he just can't clear.

I don't know. Part of me says that there might be some advantage to building runaan hurrican and malady, just to give him a way to use his passive.

TheOneMillion

12-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinchspark View Post
Mystic Shot can still last hit minions (which can also proc Rising Spell Force) for the first six levels, and supplemented with a Sheen, he can do it quite easily.

Isn't AD Carries all about sustained damage? In the early game, to do damage, you need to pin opponents down, while AP is all about burst.
Ad carries are not made for the early game. Also, use a support who can do the pinning, such as leona / blitz / taric.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-09-2012

I don't think it's that AP Ezreal is bad. I think it's that AD Ezreal is better.

Fat Mchugelarge

12-09-2012

I guess because he's a bad farmer, but I never have much trouble anymore since Malady is great item for him.

NukedWhale

12-10-2012

You can build EZ as AP, but AD is just way more effective. Also, there's just so many better AP heroes than AP EZ.