Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Geforce 6200

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aphoniah

12-09-2012

Found an old Geforce 6200 and threw it on my old comp to see if LoL would run better. It had a terrible video card on before and ran LoL ok but frames were low. Now when ever I run LoL it will freeze on me. I've updated the drivers for it and checked everything I could think of. Can LoL run on this card?

Canyourunit says that I can but the game still freezes on me with all low settings.
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/Requirements/league-of-legends/a?itemId=10933

Radoz

Recruiter

12-09-2012

The problem you have, as far as I can tell, is that you are running with a GeForce 6200 - a fairly old card. I know people who have trouble running the game with 9800's sometimes.

Regardless, make sure you have enough RAM (I suggest 4 gigs, but 2 should suffice). As far as I know however, a card that old should be long gone and the problem is not within the software.

Aphoniah

12-10-2012

Thanks, yea I have 2 gig's of RAM on my comp atm and I know this is an old card. The only thing that I don't understand is that the ONBOARD video card on my Dell can run LoL with no problem's just low FPS (15-20) and it's even more outdated than the 6200 is. It's a Intel Express Chipset Family card >.> with 128mb video RAM. This card run's LoL ( yea laugh at me). I just don't understand how this card can run LoL with no problems at all and the 6200 can't. Baffles my mind. But it's not that big of a deal because I have a new video card and RAM on the way, just wanted to see if I could upgrade my FPS, while I wait.

I've also seen people posting that they can run the game with the same video card on the LoL forums. Maybe it's just something else causing it.