Geforce 6200

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aphoniah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

Found an old Geforce 6200 and threw it on my old comp to see if LoL would run better. It had a terrible video card on before and ran LoL ok but frames were low. Now when ever I run LoL it will freeze on me. I've updated the drivers for it and checked everything I could think of. Can LoL run on this card?

Canyourunit says that I can but the game still freezes on me with all low settings.
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com...a?itemId=10933

Radoz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-09-2012

The problem you have, as far as I can tell, is that you are running with a GeForce 6200 - a fairly old card. I know people who have trouble running the game with 9800's sometimes.

Regardless, make sure you have enough RAM (I suggest 4 gigs, but 2 should suffice). As far as I know however, a card that old should be long gone and the problem is not within the software.

Aphoniah

12-10-2012

Thanks, yea I have 2 gig's of RAM on my comp atm and I know this is an old card. The only thing that I don't understand is that the ONBOARD video card on my Dell can run LoL with no problem's just low FPS (15-20) and it's even more outdated than the 6200 is. It's a Intel Express Chipset Family card >.> with 128mb video RAM. This card run's LoL ( yea laugh at me). I just don't understand how this card can run LoL with no problems at all and the 6200 can't. Baffles my mind. But it's not that big of a deal because I have a new video card and RAM on the way, just wanted to see if I could upgrade my FPS, while I wait.

I've also seen people posting that they can run the game with the same video card on the LoL forums. Maybe it's just something else causing it.