Fix the ELO system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Selcopa

12-17-2012

Oh no. My opinion before was much worse. You executed many more successful engagements than I anticipated.

Its your replay and you were the support role. By critiquing your play I'm able to show that the game was winnable if anyone on your team stepped up a little bit.

I did answer your question about why graves and trynd both deserve the same amount of elo loss. Graves really didn't play all that great. He made some critical mistakes that costs you the game just as much as trynd did.

If you would like, I would be happy to go through the game and analyze graves play step by step, to show his mistakes. It does appear however that you have already made up your mind on the issue. You want someone to blame and you will die defending trynd to be that scapegoat. He made some bad decisions. But no worse than anyone else in that game

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

12-17-2012

"41:20 since trynd went bot, back off baron, take free inhib, you gotta call the team off there take the free inhib tower, bait the baron you can win a 4v4 there."

Didn't read rest of your blabber, but this one cought my eye.It shows exactly why your opinion is too biased to make any jundgements.

I do what you think should have been done, but in your little brain you refuse to see the facts and dont acknowledge it.

I am calling my team off. I ping to move back, i back off a little to make my team back off, but they just refuse to listen. But according to you its 100% my fault even tough i do what you say RIGHT?

Selcopa

12-17-2012

I recommend you read the entire post even if you know you played bad. You still might learn something.

As to the baron play.

I actually can see pings in the replay and no you weren't pinging your team. Every single player on your team is equally to blame for incorrectly playing that scenario. You wanna know the funny part? Trynd was the most correct there. While he's also responsible for not calling you off there. He had the most correct strategy. You have no reasonable expectation of securing baron in that situation, with the enemy team comp they had. They had ezreal down but not for long, you needed to get an inhibitor down before you could take baron. Getting their team out of base to take their inhib was the right move. But actually going through with the baron attempt was very bad.

As far as your personal responsibility. There's 2 parts. You should of pinked baron. Backed off and tried to get your team away, you can only do so much I understand. You just didn't do everything you could have.

The 2nd part, while it's not your fault entirely what went down at baron. Had you personally played just a little better a minute or so before the attempt, the baron secure would have been a non issue, so is it 100% your fault? If you want to avoid personal responsibility I suppose there are others to share the blame, I personally couldn't do that. If that were me and I looked at that game. I'd be mad at myself and blaming myself 100% for those mistakes. And the loss

matrinox

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacyf View Post
Yes matrinox i know it.
ITs true in regard of winning percentage, but i want those bad players to be punished for being bad,
and those who pick new skin fiddle for ranked, just becouse they want to play with that skin and DONT care, i want them to loose more elo than me, they dont care afteral anyways!

My last few defeats could be described this way:
There are new fancy skins on fiddlesticks and katarina.
Enemy team rolled katarina , my team rolled fiddle.
My team picked squishy top, and single target melee mid + that first-time-fidle in jungle, so there was no power in the world that would prevent katarina form scoring triplekill at some point.
I was suporting , my ad carry got to like 7:0 .Game got to a point when teamfights occur.
We are winning untill at some point i miss my disable on katarina , or she get smart enough to not get close to me - and she got quadra kill becouse my team got picks that completely cant stop her from reseting. Game over.

Could have i been better? Sure.
Could 2100 elo support win this? probably yes.
Was i equaly responsible as my team taking bad picks? I dont think so.
Its not a team game- not in solo q. I will never play with this team again, and i cant affect those idiots in any way, even warding/ pinging wont help as they ignore it .
its my individual score thats affected by this defeat, so it should be somehow dependant on my individual performance in this particular game.
Pacyf, I already said this, but that issue happens on both sides. The enemy team can run Katarina as well thinking she's always OP. You just have to capitalize on it. You're 1200 elo because you don't. To improve, try reading guides, listen to good advice, do number crunching, whatever. But don't blame your teammates. That's being selfish.

Sure, those guys who suck should lose more elo, which they will over time as they keep screwing up by picking a champ because of the skin. They will lose more than you. Your job is to not lose as many games as them and win more. THAT is how they lose more elo than you.

Note:
Your elo gain/loss for each individual game isn't just you, it's a team effort; that part is true. But over many games, your average gain/loss IS representative of your performance. So deal with it.