Why Elo Hell Dosn't Exist ;)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandalogy View Post
Truthfully, duoing in a rank game is not a good way to raise Elo, because there is a higher chance that you can get a better player than your Duo Partner. Plus, if you are below 1.2k, I think its very easy to carry yourself back to 1.5k elo because just recently, I have carried my friend from 800elo to 1.2k elo in just 3 days. You should not be losing anygames below 1.2k, If you are, i think you belong in that elo.But most importantly, carry the games with the RIGHT CHAMPIONS, not mordekaiser or xinzhao who are OP lane phase, but sucks in Mid game and Late game
I've duo'd with 1900s (2.5k S2 Elo, and I'm at 1400 right now) and done quite well at 1600 Elo (15/2 Ezreal, off the top of my head). In Season 2, I started playing around 1275 Elo. I had a 75% win rate up until I hit 1470, and obviously rose very quickly. But I still lost some games due to that 0-15 bottom lane that rages at the jungler for never ganking.

xKESHAx

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
But I still lost some games due to that 0-15 bottom lane that rages at the jungler for never ganking.
If you don't know this is the curse of the jungle then you don't know the role.

If you win it's not because of you.
If you lose it's because you didn't gank enough.
If you last hit while they're dead you're stealing farm and pushing their lane and should have ganked or they wouldn't be dead in the 1st place.
If you don't give them buffs you're not doing it right.
If you give them buffs and they immediately feed it then you should have ganked.
If you get caught in your jungle 1v3 and no mia's were called then you should have warded your jungle because it's your fault anyways.
If you gank and pickup the kill you're a ******bag that's not feeding your carry and they'll never catch up now even though they have 45 secs of free farm.
If you want to dragon but the lanes need that extra 2 cs they might miss then it's your fault because you didn't gank enough and they need that extra 2cs because they'll fall behind.

Adonteon

02-01-2013

lol

adc

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKESHAx View Post
If you don't know this is the curse of the jungle then you don't know the role.

If you win it's not because of you.
If you lose it's because you didn't gank enough.
If you last hit while they're dead you're stealing farm and pushing their lane and should have ganked or they wouldn't be dead in the 1st place.
If you don't give them buffs you're not doing it right.
If you give them buffs and they immediately feed it then you should have ganked.
If you get caught in your jungle 1v3 and no mia's were called then you should have warded your jungle because it's your fault anyways.
If you gank and pickup the kill you're a ******bag that's not feeding your carry and they'll never catch up now even though they have 45 secs of free farm.
If you want to dragon but the lanes need that extra 2 cs they might miss then it's your fault because you didn't gank enough and they need that extra 2cs because they'll fall behind.
Because this wasn't posted like 20 days ago or anything, and I totally said that it was definitely the jungler's fault, right?

BloodraiderX

02-01-2013

HUE HUE HUE someone doesnt play a good morde =(

Wukong Niqqa

06-12-2013

my freind is level 10 with 1.2k elo and has 4 honors and has the blue ribbon. can anyone explain this to me?

Panda84

06-13-2013

Quote:
.When you play the right champions, even if all 4 of your teamates feed, You can still WIN GAME proving that ELO HELL DOSN't EXIST.
Well sure you can still win the game - but that might have nothing to do with playing the right champion and simply the fact that you oppenent had more trolls or AFKs than your team

MicKretz

06-13-2013

right now im trying to get to B5....once i'm there i will either hang out there a bit and play new champs or work right away at getting back out of it to prove its not that bad....time will tell and i dont my being the guinee pig and i will tell/report to everyone the truth of it

PogoPogoPogoPogo

06-13-2013

MicKretz, hmm... you know what I think would be interesting?

Would you mind adding me to your friends list and when you're ready to start working your way out, you only play ranked games when I can spectate?

I'm not asking this because I want to watch you specifically and point out all your flaws (although if you feel that you would benefit from constructive criticism from me, I will give it to you if you want it).

Rather the idea is this...

In my posts, you always see me talk about how both teams have bad players, right? I think, when in the middle of matches, it can be hard to objectively assess all 9 of the players you're playing with and really determine who was playing better. All you know is at the end of the match your team lost, and if you lost, it must have been because your team played worse than the enemy team. And if you won your lane, then it must have been your teammates, not you, right?

So what I would do, as a 3rd party, spectating 100% of your games, is I would objectively look at both teams. I would compare each lane directly and make a note of who I thought played better per lane in each phase of the game. I will also try to keep track of any major mistakes I see being made (by both teams) and try to see what the other team did, if anything, to capitalize on it.

Like, if you're jungling, and you want a smiteless blue buff, and your mid steals both of the little creeps and leaches your experience, all you can see is that your terrible teammate doesn't know how to properly leach. You don't know whether the same thing (or perhaps something worse) happened to the enemy jungler.

So as long as you're sinking yourself down to Bronze 5 anyways as an experiment, I figured you may be up for doing something like this.

Let me know.

We'd keep track of the results in a new thread that I'd maintain.

Thaiboxer87

06-13-2013

Quote:
Personally, Elo to me, basically means how long you have played LoL because people that have played about over 1000 games (ranked or normal combined) will most likely have a higher elo than someone that only played 400 games total. Well, unfortunately when people reach lvl30 and have played 400 games, they think they can be "high" elo, but they play a rank game, lose, and think they will do better next rank game. It is very tempting to play a rank game when you lose a rank game, because after you lose a rank game, you want to get your elo back but unfortunately they lose even more elo and blame their team. What i see from most low elo players is this, they use the WRONG CHAMPIONS. For example, they use Mordekaiser, xin zhao, leblanc . Now when the players use champs like these, they get positive scores BUT the lose game. The reason they lose game is because its kind of obvious you would get positive scores with xin zhao, mordekaiser in lane because their good lane champs but not good mid-late game champs and dont offer many good CC in teamfights. If you truly want to get to high elo, choose champions that have multiple CC and AoE champs. If you get fed with a champ that has multiple CC and AoE, it should be easy to win your rank game. I was around 900 elo in Season Two(clearly because i lacked skill and used champs like ryze, leblanc and teemo), when i played a total of about 300 wins, but I stopped ranking and played normal for my next 600 games. When i finished my total of 900 games, i used champs like Amumu, Ezreal, and Twisted fate to carry myself back to 1400 elo.When you play the right champions, even if all 4 of your teamates feed, You can still WIN GAME proving that ELO HELL DOSN't EXIST.
wat is Ez' multiple CC??? broken logic.