Why Elo Hell Dosn't Exist ;)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pandalogy

12-09-2012

Personally, Elo to me, basically means how long you have played LoL because people that have played about over 1000 games (ranked or normal combined) will most likely have a higher elo than someone that only played 400 games total. Well, unfortunately when people reach lvl30 and have played 400 games, they think they can be "high" elo, but they play a rank game, lose, and think they will do better next rank game. It is very tempting to play a rank game when you lose a rank game, because after you lose a rank game, you want to get your elo back but unfortunately they lose even more elo and blame their team. What i see from most low elo players is this, they use the WRONG CHAMPIONS. For example, they use Mordekaiser, xin zhao, leblanc . Now when the players use champs like these, they get positive scores BUT the lose game. The reason they lose game is because its kind of obvious you would get positive scores with xin zhao, mordekaiser in lane because their good lane champs but not good mid-late game champs and dont offer many good CC in teamfights. If you truly want to get to high elo, choose champions that have multiple CC and AoE champs. If you get fed with a champ that has multiple CC and AoE, it should be easy to win your rank game. I was around 900 elo in Season Two(clearly because i lacked skill and used champs like ryze, leblanc and teemo), when i played a total of about 300 wins, but I stopped ranking and played normal for my next 600 games. When i finished my total of 900 games, i used champs like Amumu, Ezreal, and Twisted fate to carry myself back to 1400 elo.When you play the right champions, even if all 4 of your teamates feed, You can still WIN GAME proving that ELO HELL DOSN't EXIST.

EdgedSword

12-09-2012

I think that elo hell does exist. I think the elo system is broken for anything below 1.2-1.3k elo. It can be difficult to carry yourself out alone. Most of my friends just duo to get good elo. Honestly, it really doesn't represent much imo, unless you are in the 2ks and did it solo. It just gives people something to brag and argue about. Honestly, this is one of the worst communities in gaming. So moral of the story, don't worry too much about elo. Play more games and I'm sure you will get higher up. Maybe try duo if you need help. Furthermore, Seasons will come and go. It's just a game. In a couple years there will be something even bigger and better.

Pandalogy

12-09-2012

Truthfully, duoing in a rank game is not a good way to raise Elo, because there is a higher chance that you can get a better player than your Duo Partner. Plus, if you are below 1.2k, I think its very easy to carry yourself back to 1.5k elo because just recently, I have carried my friend from 800elo to 1.2k elo in just 3 days. You should not be losing anygames below 1.2k, If you are, i think you belong in that elo.But most importantly, carry the games with the RIGHT CHAMPIONS, not mordekaiser or xinzhao who are OP lane phase, but sucks in Mid game and Late game

TFFoS

12-09-2012

Yeah, if you are truly a 1500+ player, it is quite easy to carry games to that point. Just pick champions that you can pubstomp with. In season 2 it was champs like Ahri. Now it is ones like talon.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-09-2012

wall of text is the best argument against Elo hell I believe I've ever seen.

PussPounder Esq

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandalogy View Post
Personally, Elo to me, basically means how long you have played LoL because people that have played about over 1000 games (ranked or normal combined) will most likely have a higher elo than someone that only played 400 games total. Well, unfortunately when people reach lvl30 and have played 400 games, they think they can be "high" elo, but they play a rank game, lose, and think they will do better next rank game. It is very tempting to play a rank game when you lose a rank game, because after you lose a rank game, you want to get your elo back but unfortunately they lose even more elo and blame their team. What i see from most low elo players is this, they use the WRONG CHAMPIONS. For example, they use Mordekaiser, xin zhao, leblanc . Now when the players use champs like these, they get positive scores BUT the lose game. The reason they lose game is because its kind of obvious you would get positive scores with xin zhao, mordekaiser in lane because their good lane champs but not good mid-late game champs and dont offer many good CC in teamfights. If you truly want to get to high elo, choose champions that have multiple CC and AoE champs. If you get fed with a champ that has multiple CC and AoE, it should be easy to win your rank game. I was around 900 elo in Season Two(clearly because i lacked skill and used champs like ryze, leblanc and teemo), when i played a total of about 300 wins, but I stopped ranking and played normal for my next 600 games. When i finished my total of 900 games, i used champs like Amumu, Ezreal, and Twisted fate to carry myself back to 1400 elo.When you play the right champions, even if all 4 of your teamates feed, You can still WIN GAME proving that ELO HELL DOSN't EXIST.

Here are some issues with your logic.

1. You aren't compensating for the fact that not only do people with 1k+ wins or 4-600 but also people who have like 80 wins who just hit level 30 and think "Hey I'm going to go play ranked and autolock a low level pubstomper and ignore team comp"

2. You fail to accommodate for people who fail to follow up with things like an Amumu ult, and you also forget that Amumu has a very high low ELO ban rate.

3. Yes Ez is a great choice because he has great positioning ability so you don't really need people to protect you as much as say a hyper carry like Kog'Maw

4. Tf isn't at all a strong multi CC champion. He's a moderate burst assassin who sets up ganks. But yeah if you're good with him you can help a team greatly.

5. By your logic 1 fed person can carry 4 fed people. The argument for why ELO hell doesn't exist is always the same "If you yourself are doing well your team can win" That's not at all true. Take for instance your bottom lane you have Kog'Maw Nunu. They are running fairly well, 2 kills to none agaist say a Corki Leona. Your mid lane is doing alright 1 kill each yada yada. You have an assist, and the enemy jungler has 2 kills and an assist. Your top lane is say Olaf, going against Irelia, the Irelia is 5/0/1 and your top lane Olaf is 0/6/0. She outlevels everyone on the map and by about 12-13 minutes into the game she is roaming and ganking, placing pressure on all the lanes, Because Olaf can't push hard enough to even take her tower, and he gets constantly shoved back out of lane has no farm no kills no items. Irelia has a lot of farm, a lot of kills, and a lot of items. She hits mid, your mid lane dies. They take mid tower, mid starts roaming with her, bottom lane starts getting slammed your Kog'Maw nunu get ganked and die, they lose their tower. Before you know it the Ezreal that you'd placed behind is now up 2 kills, you've lost many towers and thus lost map control. Their team still continues to roam, continues to push inner turrets because you can't match any lane 1v1 anymore they constantly split push. But you manage to pick up a few kills because they make a mistake and dive a tower. You're Amumu so it made it easy. You are positive with your KDR. Tell me in this scenario how you plan to carry at 2/0/1?

inb4 you just got outplayed
inb4 you can still carry

You can't your comp is based on being able to protect your Kog, which you can't do because Irelia is very far ahead.

It's not that Olaf simply got "outplayed" he got counterpicked, failed to realize he couldn't do anything and constantly returned in an attempt to just get a kill and in turn fed Irelia allowing her to pressure all lanes. ELO hell is the point in the game that you play, where the level of inexperience can greatly hinder victory. In ELO hell you're bound to run into at least 1 person who is destined for the 500 ELO mark or lower, because he's level 30 with 100ish wins thinks ranked is a good idea and feeds so hard because of his inexperience, lack of wards, or team fight ability drag down his progress. Now when you get caught constantly with these types of played in ELO hell is when you sink.

I have maybe 2 games where I've preformed poorly in, in my 34 ranked games so far this season. I main jungle. I Have run games where I purchased an oracle 12 minutes into the game, and had it well up into the 35 minute mark of the game, constantly clearing wards, constantly ganking, constantly taking global objectives. And doing so on Shyvana, initiating teamfights tanking harder than **** but the team failed. I preformed well, I haven't died more than 3 times in a game with shyvana, my KDA ratio with her is a 6.6. But yet, games get lost.

PussPounder Esq

12-10-2012

Also Xin Zhao is a great champion with an AoE slow a knockup, and a large damage AoE knockback,which can be used to isolate a carry from their team, and when his passive is put on them his initiation onto that target reduces armor and MR by something like 15%. His ult also gives him 10/15/20 armor/mr per person hit for 4 seconds which makes him a great tank and initiator

Pandalogy

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerserkRequiem View Post
Here are some issues with your logic.

1. You aren't compensating for the fact that not only do people with 1k+ wins or 4-600 but also people who have like 80 wins who just hit level 30 and think "Hey I'm going to go play ranked and autolock a low level pubstomper and ignore team comp"

2. You fail to accommodate for people who fail to follow up with things like an Amumu ult, and you also forget that Amumu has a very high low ELO ban rate.

3. Yes Ez is a great choice because he has great positioning ability so you don't really need people to protect you as much as say a hyper carry like Kog'Maw

4. Tf isn't at all a strong multi CC champion. He's a moderate burst assassin who sets up ganks. But yeah if you're good with him you can help a team greatly.

5. By your logic 1 fed person can carry 4 fed people. The argument for why ELO hell doesn't exist is always the same "If you yourself are doing well your team can win" That's not at all true. Take for instance your bottom lane you have Kog'Maw Nunu. They are running fairly well, 2 kills to none agaist say a Corki Leona. Your mid lane is doing alright 1 kill each yada yada. You have an assist, and the enemy jungler has 2 kills and an assist. Your top lane is say Olaf, going against Irelia, the Irelia is 5/0/1 and your top lane Olaf is 0/6/0. She outlevels everyone on the map and by about 12-13 minutes into the game she is roaming and ganking, placing pressure on all the lanes, Because Olaf can't push hard enough to even take her tower, and he gets constantly shoved back out of lane has no farm no kills no items. Irelia has a lot of farm, a lot of kills, and a lot of items. She hits mid, your mid lane dies. They take mid tower, mid starts roaming with her, bottom lane starts getting slammed your Kog'Maw nunu get ganked and die, they lose their tower. Before you know it the Ezreal that you'd placed behind is now up 2 kills, you've lost many towers and thus lost map control. Their team still continues to roam, continues to push inner turrets because you can't match any lane 1v1 anymore they constantly split push. But you manage to pick up a few kills because they make a mistake and dive a tower. You're Amumu so it made it easy. You are positive with your KDR. Tell me in this scenario how you plan to carry at 2/0/1?

inb4 you just got outplayed
inb4 you can still carry

You can't your comp is based on being able to protect your Kog, which you can't do because Irelia is very far ahead.

It's not that Olaf simply got "outplayed" he got counterpicked, failed to realize he couldn't do anything and constantly returned in an attempt to just get a kill and in turn fed Irelia allowing her to pressure all lanes. ELO hell is the point in the game that you play, where the level of inexperience can greatly hinder victory. In ELO hell you're bound to run into at least 1 person who is destined for the 500 ELO mark or lower, because he's level 30 with 100ish wins thinks ranked is a good idea and feeds so hard because of his inexperience, lack of wards, or team fight ability drag down his progress. Now when you get caught constantly with these types of played in ELO hell is when you sink.

I have maybe 2 games where I've preformed poorly in, in my 34 ranked games so far this season. I main jungle. I Have run games where I purchased an oracle 12 minutes into the game, and had it well up into the 35 minute mark of the game, constantly clearing wards, constantly ganking, constantly taking global objectives. And doing so on Shyvana, initiating teamfights tanking harder than **** but the team failed. I preformed well, I haven't died more than 3 times in a game with shyvana, my KDA ratio with her is a 6.6. But yet, games get lost.
Ok heres the thing with the new jungle. As a jungler, you can't really carry your team anymore because if u gank, and the gank fails, you will be behind in your jungle and yea. As for me and my situation, i usually MAIN ADC and go bot so for instance, as soon as i see that Olaf has went 0/6, I immediately tell him to build tank. And If this is a LOW ELO GAME, Im usually up by 6 kills in my lane too ;p 1 person can be easily carried if they you take the leadership role and tell them what to do.

sh4d0wz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2012

Quote:
You should not be losing anygames below 1.2k, If you are, i think you belong in that elo
I probably belong in low elo, but seriously ...How many games I've seen which are purely lost due to toxic players...

Trolling, . leavers, non english speaking, no communication. afk.

and most of all. ******bags.

Last game for example, leaver cait + a feeder. so great 3v5. and by feeder I mean(not on purpose ) but "Hey my first ranked, Never played this champ!!" (and when i try to explain and help, other go "FUUK NO NOOB NOO LOSER" which ruins the game....)

I remember a game with graves from yesterday.

I support, always warded, destoyed all other teams wards, healed and harrased as a mo-fo.

He misses almost all CS and jumps in and dies

Tells the most horrible things about my mother, because well, no reason at ALL. and nothing usefully happens anymore. I have to mute this guy, and just keep warding/healing, then he purposely feed because he doesn't want to play anymore.

EVEN IF i belong in this elo because of my skill. I DO NOT belong in this ELO because I hate ******bags, toxic players, people who only want to play and call 1 role, people who check stats and in lobby tell others they suck and are noobs, WITHOUT the game even beginning. I am SO TIRED OF THESE PEOPLE.

I have reported so much, but it never improves. So ill just keep playing bot games again. Bots are the greatest. they sometimes feed and do the most stupidest **** but OH I LOVE THEM.

AquilesOfArtoria

12-10-2012

Elo hell doesnt exists.
Why?
Because even on 2k elo you can get annoyed by a dumbass

End of topic?