@Morello, IF you had your time again, how would you redesign DARIUS??

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dondarrion

01-21-2013

I'd like to see those changes on Darius, one reason I mostly play bruisers because I like the prolonged fights, and they're the only role that can really do that properly.

I think 7 or 8 stacks might be okay.
Just spitballing here, these ones could mix and match with eachother:
-Noxian Guillotine can trigger the stacks like Varus' W dealing an additional portion of true damage per stack
-A possible nerf to his Noxian Guillotine making it fairly average damage, and his stacks grant damage amplification from his Guillotine
-At 7 stacks he gets the full effect of his Guillotine but at 10 the damage is converted to true damage

One problem I find is if I manage to get him very low and kill him before he dies he'll just toss out his Guillotine and ignite combined with his 5 stacks, and turn what would have been a very close duel into a double K.O, there's really no timing involved.

Was it intentional to leave the 5 stacks after he used his Guillotine and after he dies?

Enchanter123

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danage View Post
Darius is an annoying champion at the best of times... If you had your time again, how would you redesign Darius and what would you change about him??

EDIT: Thanks for the reply Morello, and it seems that GD people are asking for nerfs, etc. However, I would like to remind them all that doing a numbers tweak does not solve the current problems with Darius. His main issue is his lack of counterplay. It is useful to look at Darius from a design perspective and think to yourself:
1. Does his ability feel good to use
2. If you are the opponent, does it feel good to have the ability to used on you
3. As an opponent of a Darius, is there something I can do to mitigate his abilities so they are not as devastating.

Personal opinion I completlely agree there is no counter to him and if there is its a very few champion who can couter him I believe he needs either a armour re-fix or ulti nerf as in damage and make it scale better ad so people dont just stack armour get 5 stacks and BOOM instant kill the bleed damage is also annoying damage over time and even when getting armour it doesnt help that much either he can stack armour and still out DPS you because he is so tanky and the cooldowns on his skills need increaseing hes all round OP champion with very few counters and he needs to be looked at quite hard and something needs to be done, Irelia is another champion people claim her to be OP now she is completely usless due to the nerf to her sustain, she needs a base attack speed increase i beleive she has the lowest attack speed in the game and her ulti is like completely usles VS a 1v1 situation only decent with a minion wave and even now doesnt heal for SQUAT i recently just came back to the game after over 6 months away only to find so many OP champion shen so beafy with few items... dariius still OP stacking armour game needs to nerf the champion most picked and bring out some older champions like what you did to eve and many others.

DrDolan

01-21-2013

Sooo.... Why does his passive have to apply stacks to a target? Couldn't it just give him stacks or charges that power up his abilities and/or basic attacks?

SonOfTheDevil

01-21-2013

As a Darius Jungler...imo if his kit was redesigned to something similar to what Morello wanted then his base stats...more importantly his base movement speed and health regen would need to be tweaked also because of his chasing abilities without landing his e or his passive.

IS17950c5e7a0344f6b3010

01-21-2013

below 1300 elo newbs actually got what they were qq'ing about in forums.
when morello will get his hands on Darius its pretty much R.I.P

ZaganJustice

01-21-2013

it seems like a few other people agree with me, at least, on the 10 stacks is too much
7 still sounds like a more reasonable number, after some testing yesterday and today
removing the true damage on the R is now sounding like a more reasonable idea too, especially if you move the armor pen from apprehend to the ulti
still hoping morello is reading this thread

btw, I'd like to inquire as to why darius even gained movement speed per bleeding champ to begin with, since he already has a slow and pretty much always builds a phage
._.

Quantum

01-21-2013

Darius just dunked me even though he was stunned.
That's balanced, right?

Holck

01-21-2013

hi lol community, i play lol since 2 years, and im tired for have to wait 30:00 or 1 hour just by trolls on queue, so i have an idea. (IN RANKED GAME)

RIOT should do a button (IN RANKED ONLY), can be placed perfectly in the same place where is the button.. leave.. on personalized match

the button should work like this, every time some player get mad, troll or he just gotta go, the team should hit the button, it's like surrender. if the mayority of the team is agreed with that, the game should end the queue immediately, without the penalization for leave the queue

Many times i see the whole team is disagreed with some players.(OR TROLLS) and all ask desperately for a dodge. so this button can be really useful

PLS, THINK ABOUT IT, AND I CALL ALL THE LOL PLAYERS, PLS SPAM THIS MSG IF YOU WANT A SOLUTION (sorry by the english, im taco queso)

Just Red Bull

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by holck View Post
hi lol community, i play lol since 2 years, and im tired for have to wait 30:00 or 1 hour just by trolls on queue, so i have an idea. (in ranked game)

riot should do a button (in ranked only), can be placed perfectly in the same place where is the button.. Leave.. On personalized match

the button should work like this, every time some player get mad, troll or he just gotta go, the team should hit the button, it's like surrender. If the mayority of the team is agreed with that, the game should end the queue immediately, without the penalization for leave the queue

many times i see the whole team is disagreed with some players.(or trolls) and all ask desperately for a dodge. So this button can be really useful

pls, think about it, and i call all the lol players, pls spam this msg if you want a solution (sorry by the english, im taco queso)

omfg you're a genius!!!

Bead Dabies

01-22-2013

As a Darius player I'd like to see him require more skill. I think he should be respected, much like a masterfully played Orianna, rather than scorned and made fun of because of his simplistic design.
I think the Ultimate should be true damage, I agree with literally every change that Morello suggested for him other than that. Darius' kit being remade to favor lower AD ratios but keeping Base Damage on Noxian Guillotine as true damage would effectively lower the amount of true damage he will be putting out - he will be building tank and not damage. You won't see Phage Bloodthirster GA builds anymore - they won't be effective, as he will die before getting to his critical mass (well said by Morello).
Anyway, excited and looking forward to kicking more ass as soon as these changes come.