@Morello, IF you had your time again, how would you redesign DARIUS??

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodLikeSubstance

01-19-2013

Darius is too good he needs no changes

Daeva of Destiny

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danage View Post
Darius is an annoying champion at the best of times... If you had your time again, how would you redesign Darius and what would you change about him??

EDIT: Thanks for the reply Morello, and it seems that GD people are asking for nerfs, etc. However, I would like to remind them all that doing a numbers tweak does not solve the current problems with Darius. His main issue is his lack of counterplay. It is useful to look at Darius from a design perspective and think to yourself:
1. Does his ability feel good to use
2. If you are the opponent, does it feel good to have the ability to used on you
3. As an opponent of a Darius, is there something I can do to mitigate his abilities so they are not as devastating.
I have played Darius a few times and feel over powerd, and i dont think it is really fair. Darius has alot of damage and sustain, and his ultimate just it very unfair. (Going to compare) LIke if you compare Dinna with Darius her ulti you need her q to be active to use more then once and can really only use twice; but Darius as long as your low he can just ulti ulti ulti and get a lot of easy kills. I think you should tinker with his ulti to balance him out

Sabxx

01-19-2013

I think people overestimate how difficult it would be to get 10 stacks on people, especially in team fights where it actually matters. Being required to get 10 stacks to do amazing things with his ult would just mean different builds/rune pages would be introduced. You would see more attack speed and maybe more cdr instead of just building armor and hp and just being able to sit there and lol. Obviously you could still do that if you wanted, but just think. With this kit, players might be able to play Darius how most people like to fight in team fights; by that I mean be dumb and focus the tanky enemy champions.

If you just sat there on the tanky champion building up stacks (with 2.0 attack speed it would take just over 3 seconds to get 10 stacks since abilities apply bleeds), then hit your Q to spread them, everyone nearby would have 10 stacks and you can just ult around the fight like normal.

mtato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

A couple of ideas I had after reading players' thoughts -

I get frustrated too that you cannot dodge his ult once the animation starts. I feel like you should be able to bait him into wasting it, hence I propose making it a short range skillshot (with a similar targeting mechanic to Kog'Maw's).
It would not be entirely bad for Darius, either, because there would of course be the possibility of hitting multiple players with it at once, if the Darius was good enough. Damage would still be hugely improved by having stacks on the enemy, and it will still reset on kill (or maybe a short CD like Akali)! Plus, all the interesting new combinations with champs like Orianna & Diana.. anyone with the ability to group enemies together.

My other idea was, if it's a problem putting stacks on enemies, and also a problem trading with Darius because of his AS slow, why not swap it for an AS boost for Darius after using his W? Evelynn's E comes to mind - but if Darius uses his W on targets with stacks he gets his CD reduced, right? So a cleverly played Darius could have a persistent AS boost for an entire fight.

I don't feel like Darius does too much damage, I think he just does it too easily. There need to be more ways to make him screw up, besides baiting apprehend (a risky proposition). There also need to be more ways for a good Darius player to do even more damage

TL;DR: Perhaps make his ult a skillshot similar to Kog'Maw (but shorter range and slightly larger diameter), change AS slow on W to AS boost similar to Eve's E.

Dzanio

01-19-2013

Alternatively with the ult, you could make it grant partial cdr upon kill/assist (i.e. Kat Passive/Ult combo) instead of full refresh. The basic issue right now is really just that he's a tank with more burst than a mid, and early-mid game better sustained damage than a carry.

His current ult mechanic means that he wants to last hit enemy champs with it, which isn't helpful in team fights. If you use the ability to help your team secure a kill however, you don't get any sort of reward, so he will never be popular at high elos unless he's buffed to the point where he can just 1 v 5 the enemy team all day.

With a simple change to his ult, so that he can use it at most twice in an early-mid game team fight, and at most 3 times in a late game team fight he'd be more balanced and actually contribute to his team.

Rasako

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt007 View Post
I have played Darius a few times and feel over powerd, and i dont think it is really fair. Darius has alot of damage and sustain, and his ultimate just it very unfair. (Going to compare) LIke if you compare Dinna with Darius her ulti you need her q to be active to use more then once and can really only use twice; but Darius as long as your low he can just ulti ulti ulti and get a lot of easy kills. I think you should tinker with his ulti to balance him out
what sustain does darius have? absolutely zero, what the hell are you even talking about?

jinxedchef

01-19-2013

It has been 8 months and they have dont nothing to fix this broken ass champ. What the hell is riot waiting on?

xa3D

01-19-2013

I've never had a problem with Darius as Garen.. While I can see a solo top argument going both ways in favor of either champion; based on experience, Garen simply out-sustains Darius with his passive, and by not having a mana pool to worry about.

Garen's early game's way better than Darius' imo, even if Darius went cloth+5, or flask+3. Darius WILL be forced to recall at 4 or 5 depending on how well he plays, either way Garen will be at an HP advantage at that level, and will beat Darius to 6.

While I'm not the highest elo on the NA servers ( I play in Asia, but our offpeak hours are SERIOUSLY offpeak ), You can check my most recent match ups. I haven't had any issues with Darius, and Jayce / Teemo for that matter.

cray1

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabxx View Post
I think people overestimate how difficult it would be to get 10 stacks on people, especially in team fights where it actually matters. Being required to get 10 stacks to do amazing things with his ult would just mean different builds/rune pages would be introduced.

im confused... this sounds like a good thing. doing amazing things should be hard, not easy. we should be asking for amazing things to be very difficult to do in this game or it will become league of instakills.

shatteredperfect

01-20-2013

ITT : Riot defends absurd true damage nukes, again...

/sigh