@Morello, IF you had your time again, how would you redesign DARIUS??

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ketzrix

01-18-2013

I just feel the need to state that the current 5 stack set up is just too easy. It's so fast and easy, that unless you start trying to run away immediately, you'll have 5 stack on you in about 3 sec. This means that whenever a fight starts, Darius's opponents can't fight back, but rather have to focus on running.

If you want to initiate on Darius without hard CC, you're now in REAL trouble. EXAMPLE: Rengar jumps on Darius. Rengar does his burst but now he's got 3 stacks (Darius Auto, W, Q). Rengar throws his E to try to escape, Darius still has his grab. Grab, auto, Ult.

Some champs just don't have the proper kit to deal with Darius how he is currently. Bottom line: You should be punished for your gameplay decisions (10 stack plan) and NOT the champion you choose. Riot wants all champions to be playable.

iShadowHeart

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzrix View Post
I just feel the need to state that the current 5 stack set up is just too easy. It's so fast and easy, that unless you start trying to run away immediately, you'll have 5 stack on you in about 3 sec. This means that whenever a fight starts, Darius's opponents can't fight back, but rather have to focus on running.

If you want to initiate on Darius without hard CC, you're now in REAL trouble. EXAMPLE: Rengar jumps on Darius. Rengar does his burst but now he's got 3 stacks (Darius Auto, W, Q). Rengar throws his E to try to escape, Darius still has his grab. Grab, auto, Ult.

Some champs just don't have the proper kit to deal with Darius how he is currently. Bottom line: You should be punished for your gameplay decisions (10 stack plan) and NOT the champion you choose. Riot wants all champions to be playable.
Darius counters Rengar. Champions counter other champions. That is how the game works. Darius has counters too. It's your own fault if you pick into your counter and technically still your fault if you get counterpicked

forehead tittaes

01-18-2013

Regarding the stacks, what if the cooldown on removing the bleed increases with the number of stacks?

I'm thinking of 1v1 against darius situations where if you engage, you want to finish it early and get out as soon as possible or the longer you fight the more difficult it gets to recover in lane.

TheOddBoy

01-18-2013

You might not find this helpful morello but teemo is ridiculously strong with liandry's torment as well.
You might want to look into a new passive.

Evilized6666

01-18-2013

lol this morello guy is the freaking main dev of this game?

I'm new at this game, I like daruis and all I can say to this guys post is what a ****ing idiot.

iSwagnificent

01-18-2013

not remotely a designer but I could see a remake working like this,

Passive: 6+ stacks per champ, 10 secs, adjust DoT to be the same over the 10 secs
Q: Same (maybe with lower base damage and higher ad scaling since his arpen passive will be removed, allows him to be effective without his ulti if fed)
W: applies 2 stacks to target, and copies stacks to other enemy champions within range (ex. used on a target with 1 stack, near by enemies get 1 stack and target gets 2 for a total of 3)
E: Cooldown reduction instead of armor pen
R: does X additional damage per active stacks (entire enemy team). At 15-20 stacks total, when used on a target with at least 1 stack of hemo, does true damage and consumes stacks on the target. higher base damage lower ad ratio to keep some semblance of usefulness in lane when reaching said number of stacks is entirely unlikely) Resets on kill.

gameplay now revolves around stack management and positioning to increase or limit the number of targets darius can apply his hemo stacks to. This way darius will be a champion that shines in longer fights as was intended but still has the ability to punish teams that allow him to quickly stack hemo stacks, all without the ability to blow up champions 1 on 1 in a matter of seconds.

Llann

01-18-2013

There is no call for a sustained damage champ in teamfights, let alone an immobile melee one. =/

Even ADCs (of which Darius is certainly not in viable competition with) tend to end up almost as 'burst damage' classes simply because they can itemize almost purely for damage items and use positioning/abilities for survival. Their 'sustained' damage just gets so high that it counts as burst because it's comparable to everyone else's burst.

Darius is not a champion that 'shines in longer fights' except in the sense that he is one of the very few hardcounters to the game's pure tanks.

Irelia Bot

01-18-2013

I have a question that I think should be brought up.

Is it 10% of armor ignored for every stack and therefor a different stat from armor penatration or is it adding 10% armor penetration for all physical damage Darius does. (I don't expect reduction due to it benefiting all allies massively).

LastTestament

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
This is basically my "keep him the same but adjust numbers" plan, so we agree there.

Morello, what champion on release do you feel was the most balanced out the gate?

jeslo

01-18-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=293417

anti patterns discussed here