@Morello, IF you had your time again, how would you redesign DARIUS??

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raamroc

01-17-2013

please please do this that crippling strike sounds so amazing

Jimmerrrr

01-17-2013

TL;DR but here is my two cents

Darius at level six insta wins/ties lane. Unless he is very unskilled or pre-6 you slam him into oblivion. I know this from vast experience playing as Darius and vast experience playing against Darius. And yes, I mad. Two days ago I was 2-0 and almost double my lane opponent Darius' CS as GP (being total lane bully feelsgoodman.jpg) and this guy hits 6 and we instantly begin to trade. This happens so often. I fear that Darius is, by his very nature, a very troll champion and there is nothing you can do to fix it. Next time I play Darius I probably won't be mad though, considering as soon as I hit 6 I KNOW I can likely beat my opponent 1v1.

Scythas

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
This is basically my "keep him the same but adjust numbers" plan, so we agree there.
I think this is a far better idea. As someone said, teamfights don't go on long enough for Darius to get 10 stacks up. I feel like it would also promote less active counterplay, because then teamfights basically become "ignore Darius, he's no threat for a while and focus the adc, then cc-lock Darius".

Make his ult less rewarding if used with less stacks, and more rewarding if used with higher stacks.

IrrationalNoob

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythas View Post
I think this is a far better idea. As someone said, teamfights don't go on long enough for Darius to get 10 stacks up. I feel like it would also promote less active counterplay, because then teamfights basically become "ignore Darius, he's no threat for a while and focus the adc, then cc-lock Darius".

Make his ult less rewarding if used with less stacks, and more rewarding if used with higher stacks.
Yes most people in this post agree 10 stacks would rarely happen. The difference is some people posting want this change to occur because it means Darius would not have an effective ult reset.

Darius is not overpowered he is just extremely effective against hard commits which are pretty much the only style of fight in low elo games. People rarely learn to poke as a team until at least upper gold elo, especially in solo queue.

Morello's originally posted design would obviously not work because of how quick the duration of fights are.

Dazrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Morello, what about having the stacks drop as someone is running around. Instead of having all stacks lost, the more stacks he applies, the more damage is done overtime, but the longer it takes him to apply stacks, the longer he'd have to draw the fight on to build those stacks... For example...

Darius auto attack grants 1 stack, an immediate decimate deals 2 stacks, another auto attack putting opponent at 4 stacks, an immedite crippling strike to reset AA, gives another 2 stacks (skill use + auto attack) putting him at 6 stacks. He then auto attacks again putting target at 7 stacks. noting this would all happen in the space of about 2 seconds, as an auto attack/decimate/crippling strike would all be almost instant as decimate and crippling strike would reset AA. Noting that with these 7 stacks he's just acieved, he still has an aprehend skill to use, putting him at 9.

I think if you used 9 stacks, he'd be quite ok, then if you made it so the stacks tick down like a timer... So, from 10 stacks, you'd lose one stack every second, until finally you have 0 stacks on you.

The counter arguement would be the amount of mana - so reduce mana costs. But the cooldowns remain. The objective would be to force darius to not have an insta burst kill, but have a pretty quick burst down over about 3 - 4 seconds. Noting that the enemy champion would have a difficult time to escape (it'd allow items such as frozen mallet or even trinity to become core on Darius) also apprehend could still pull in.

It would also work to Darius' advantage somewhat if the opponent disengaged from the fight to late, as the stacks would still deal a significant amount of damage. Each time a stack is applied, the ticks would also be refreshed, so once darius has achieved 10 stacks on an opponent, perhaps the 'bonus' could be that Darius' stacks are locked for a 4 second period. That way he has 4 seconds after achieving his final 10th stack to deal the finishing blow.

I don't think this would upset the balance of Darius to much.

However, if you had 9 stacks, then in 9 seconds, you'd no longer have any stacks left on your champion. In 5 seconds (from 9 stacks) you would still have 4 stacks left on your champion.... So the stacks would count down like a timer.

The reason for this is so that Darius isn't a super burst character, but still has the potential for high burst.

Oceanian

01-17-2013

I would make it so instead of doing magic damage over time for his passive, the stacks would still apply but buff up his other ability's damage by a certain amount.

Rhinogator

01-17-2013

at 10 stacks darius does 20%+ 1%(50bonusAD) targets health in true damage

darkjak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

I suggest you ramp up his ad ratios to offer a more versatile character and LOWER his mana costs a lot for what you are thinking of.
Take the armor pen off his E and put it as a shred on his Q.
Have his stacks give you movement speed, because this guy is really has no way to jump into teamfights besides his ult.

BlinkTwic3

Recruiter

01-18-2013

This is my first post on this forum, but I am quite confused by all the Darius crying that goes on.

I am a newer player to league, almost level 20, I have played many other MMO's strategy games though. Here's my thoughts on Darius.

1. He's a trolly character and really good at KSing his team.
2. He can do a lot of damage and build tanky.
3. He's not that bad.

Let me explain, Darius was the second champion I bought on this game following Katarina. I am an avid researcher when I begin a game so I read up on both champs and saw people QQ about both of them being overpowered.

Darius is not a hard champion to beat out. If you want Darius beat out of lane than get a ranged champion in top. Poke him a lot. Use champions that either have knockback or an escape. One of the worst games I had with Darius was because the opposing team put Ashe on top. Guess what, slow+range=Darius doing nothing. Given that if Darius can get ahold of said squishy then he can kill them but that is what kiting is for. As of yet I have yet to have trouble with Darius whether I am playing Shyvana, Diana, or any other champion.

Darius players QQ about Jayce because Jayce can stay back and poke and nuke him. Also don't forget that Darius can potentially cause people playing him to roam lanes trying to get kills and end up starving their ADC.

Just like when people cry about Teemo, although I almost always kill him in 2-3 moves late game because I focus him.

So from a noob to everyone else, don't cry about Darius (or Teemo) learn to play against him.

shadowx271

01-18-2013

I doubt anyone will ever see this, but has the idea to change his ulti so that it only resets if it kills an enemy champ with more than 3 stacks of his bleed come up?
People complain about him being OP bc he can penta just by ulting 5 times on low health enemies.
But if you change his ulti the way I discribed, not only would darius be discouraged from simply walking in and ulting to take the kill (bc then his ult goes on cd.) but it would make it harder for him to penta without investing more effort in fights.