@Morello, IF you had your time again, how would you redesign DARIUS??

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1ebe60507d910496d5f37

01-17-2013

I don't know about you, but CHAOS DUNK is, with the only possible exception being Cataclysm, the most satisfying button to push in the game, and it does make up for the fact that the rest of his abilities are complete unsatisfying.

Is getting hit with CHAOS DUNK fun for the person on the receiving end? Not in the least.

Typhoo Tea

01-17-2013

Simple.

First - Remove true damage from his ult.

Second - Make him actually have to build a significant more amount of AD before his ult does terrifying damage, being able to be tanky as hell and still slap people around the face is pretty stupid, this goes for Cho,gath too. Infact true damage should be removed from the game, it's already hard enough to build MR and there are so many % health damage and % armor removal items in the game that there's no need for true damage at all it just makes actually having any resistances in this game completely pointless, not even kidding.

Third - If lowering damage from his ult isn't an option and you beleive darius should keep the damage on his ult then stop it refreshing on cooldown, this is the most idiotic idea ever, who did this, he can just walk into a fight 5v1 they could all be relatively low hp and he can just roll his face across the keyboard.

Fourth - All bugs regarding Darius' ult refreshing on kill need to be fixed, if the damage WOULD have killed them but didn't because of something else the ult STILL refreshes, wtffffff.
You split into a clone on Shaco as he ults and you dodge the ult, but he still kills you because his ult gets refreshed, how is that fair?

POPS707

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralik098 View Post
If I could redesign Darius I would give him a fifth skill that when used, he turns into Teemo. That way you can annoy the QQers even more.
troll -.-

TheSandWhale

01-17-2013

Seems some people are just mad about the lord of top lane.

An average Darius can be outplayed easily by Renekton Malphite Vlad Elise and Nidalee.

Please people top lane is a skill lane. Just junglers can be annoying as hell.

Zyzmest

01-17-2013

REDESIGN FULL METAL PANTHEON PLEASE LOOK AT HIS PICTURE AND LOOK AT HIM IN GAME HES A RUSTY OLD ARMOR. MAKE HIM BAD ASS LIKE Full metal rammus and the metal skins

c0lors

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Why not add counter play by bumping the stack limit to 10 and changing how they are applied? For example, auto attacks add one stack, his q adds two if you connect with the blade and one if you connect with the shaft, his w extends the duration of the stacks or something, and his e adds two stacks. Then you can add true damage at ten stacks and give Darius a sweet audio or visual cue to go along with maxing his stacks.

IncompleteWar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

OK so Darius is made to hurt you if you make a mistake right.

so what is this mistake exactly? being in range of his attacks right?

So based on this conclusion what your saying is if i play Darius and you play someone like rumble or any other melee champions and you try and get within range to last hit a minon with your auto attacks and i playing Darius and i hover over the minon line and just sit here and last hit.
You as any melee top laning champ will be punished because you came within melee distance of me because you tried to last hit.
based on this conclusion Darius counter most top laners save for maybe 4-10 champs depending on what you consider a champ capable of top laning.
examples of those who arent countered by Darius are Jayce, Teemo, Kayle, Cho (because of his amazing regain and silence only ), Yorick, Ez if you are crazy enough to try, Nid, Graves (due to his passive) also your crazy if you try, and mantheon.(also in preview there is a :P face were pantheons name is idky)
note you will see that 4 of these champs have ranged abilities but ranged auto attacks and thus are very mana dependent when fighting against him.

the fact that of the ones i listed 7 of them are considered real tops and of the 7 4 of them have to rely primarily upon abilites to try and counter him in lane. reasons for them are antheon would have to use spears to farm, Yorick would have to use his little ghosties, Cho would just sit there and just harrass with his spikes. Kayle has her fire sword. the other 3: nid can farm with auto attacks, jayce can farm with auto attacks, teemo can farm with auto attacks. the last three can also harrass from a good distance away and can escape him quite easliy

tl/dr even the ones who counter him top are still kinda countered by him unless they have a auto attack range ability.

Uncle Skanky

01-17-2013

Quote:
Seems some people are just mad about the lord of top lane.

An average Darius can be outplayed easily by Renekton Malphite Vlad Elise and Nidalee.

Please people top lane is a skill lane. Just junglers can be annoying as hell.
Therein lies the issue. Unless you're playing a select few characters, you can't outplay him. Because he's faceroll easy to use and counters every single melee who doesn't have a combination of burst, cc, AND a disengage (or can't just shrug off his damage and slap him around, i.e. Malphite). On the flipside, any ranged who can kite him and has an ability they can use blind to keep him out of the bushes absolutely rolls him. It isn't a skill matchup, it's a "counter for free win or don't counter for auto lose" match up, which isn't balance at all.

Also, even if you do counterpick him with anybody other than Malphite, it puts tank/initiator duty squarely on the jungler's shoulders, which could screw your team's comp if the jungler already picked. Two people being pigeonholed by a choice made by one person on the other team hardly seems fair.

Pilige

01-17-2013

What I like about Darius is that he is the biggest bully on the playground. He is a champion that is needed in this game for two parts; his counter sustain, and his high potential burst of an ult. He is an all in, balls to the wall hunk of meat meant to rip through the enemy's front line. Darius has no disengage, he is all-engage, which is the trick to beating him. You can kite him more than any other DPS.

To make his true power harder and harder to reach, brings up the same paradigm problems of champions like Gangplank. You essentially have a champion with an extremely high, and certainly frighteningly amount of potential damage...but it stays mostly potential and is never really in hand to use. Essentially you cripple the champion from a strategic point and make them a weak competitive pick because potential damage is just that, potential. You never have full access to it.

Look at LCS. Most of the champions picked were champions with high amounts of guaranteed damage and strong disengage like Jayce and Kha'zix. I'm not sure if stripping Darius's damage away from him and putting high on the cookie shelf so he only has access to it in the most absurd circumstances is the way to go.

gG Rallans

Recruiter

01-17-2013

What if at 10 stacks, Darius can auto-kill the enemy champion with his ult? Regardless if they have 5 hp left or 1000000 hp. I'd be really afraid of that.