@Morello, IF you had your time again, how would you redesign DARIUS??

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ninbushido

01-16-2013

I'm sure Morello will nerf Darius multiple times and then increase his ultimate's range by 100.
...wait this sounds familiar.

Odegrar

01-16-2013

My opinion about Darius:

I agree with some of the opinions about Darius being "not a team player", because that's how most people play him. Darius players thinks he's OK the way he is (it's the fav champion after all) and highly skilled players don't bother with him because they can outplay him. But every player should be taken into account. In lower levels, Darius is a total jerk and it can be totally unfun in both the ally team and the enemy team.

If you play against Darius it can be a pain in the neck. He's got magical damage, high physical damage and true damage. You need to outskill him in lane phase but there is no real counter pick. And even if you win the lane, he can still make a come back in mid game by picking up a few kills with his ult.

As an ally, Darius can be a real ****** by KS everything and not distributing gold income evenly. I've lost games in which our Darius had 20+ kills (it's the "all eggs in one basket" thing) It's a total mood killer to do all the hard work just to see Darius jump and take all the kills (some people will say that you still get gold for the assist, but it is less gold)

I think there's something wrong with his kit, and the way it leads people to play Darius more than a matter of being OP (which he's not)

IMO (and I can't stress this enough) Darius' ultimate should be changed somehow so as not to be able to get a pentasteal, because that's one of the main reasons why people dislike him.I'd say that if Darius gets a kill the CD on his ult should reduced by half. Or every time he gets a kill it is reduced by 50% (so after 2 kills he could use it again)
I'd also change his passive to deal AD instead of Magical Damage, so it could be countered early game by building Armor.

That's my opinion but I think that SOMETHING should be done about him because most of the times, Darius isn't fun except for the Darius player.

Calibretto9

01-16-2013

I normally play as Darius. I only started the games a few months ago and only recently hit 30. Have been playing Normals to learn the game and am pretty decent for my experience level. I started playing Darius a lot of and found him to be very powerful, but after awhile started to feel like he was OP and swapped over to other champs still playing Darius on occasion.

Just faced a "good" Darius at top tonight and was (along with my buds on vent) disgusted with the character. He was doing tremendous damage and had two items (boots + black cleaver). I know everyone's on the "nerf cleaver" train but the fact is Darius can do way too much damage even while building items like Randiun's, Warmog's and the like. Doesn't make sense. Chogath is a beastly tank but doesn't do nearly the damage; Riven does similar damage but isn't nearly as tanky. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Also, there's no real counterplay other than "gang up on him." He's mana efficient, tanky, high damage, and no long cd's. I know I was singing a different tune earlier in this thread but finally faced a good one and saw what I was doing to other people. Not fun. (Also, insert "ya got dunked' replies).

Root Beer Guy

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralik098 View Post
If I could redesign Darius I would give him a fifth skill that when used, he turns into Teemo. That way you can annoy the QQers even more.
I feel a Globetrotters basketball skin would be legit haha

Necroing

01-16-2013

List of all champions that are anti-fun to lane against: Akali, Allistar, Amumu, Annie, Ashe, Blitzcrank, Brand, Darius, Diana, Evelynn, Ezreal, Fiddlesticks, Fiora, Fizz, Garen, Graves, Heimerdinger, Irelia, Janna, Jax, Karthus, Kassadin, Katarina, Leblanc, Leona, Lulu, Lux, Malzahar, Master Yi, Miss Fortune, Mordekaiser, Morgana, Nidalee, Nunu, Olaf, Poppy, Riven, Ryze, Shaco, Singed, Swain, Talon, Teemo, Tristana, Tryndamere, Twitch, Vayne, Veigar, Xerath, Xin Zhao, Yorick, Zilean, Zyra. Seriously how does someone enjoy laning against champ picks that are so annoying. Besides if it's not you that doesn't have a problem with them, it's your teammates who will do bad late game. 53 champions that are a pain for other people to lane against learn to play and use the other 56 champions RIOT gave us.

oNeffy

01-16-2013

If I could redesign Darius, I would just delete him. He's so op. On your team its "Omfg ks." and on the other team its "Omfg dunk."

iShadowHeart

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odegrar View Post

You need to outskill him in lane phase but there is no real counter pick. And even if you win the lane, he can still make a come back in mid game by picking up a few kills with his ult.
Darius has no counters? Wtf? Jax, Teemo, Kayle, Xin (early game), Malphite and Olaf (both later game). The counters are there, just don't do stupid stuff....

lolioverlord

01-16-2013

i kind of have an idea where i can see darius's ult would be physical dmg, but with either stacks, or % of health missing on a champ the damage becomes true dmg. and the values of the physical damage would be stronger than the true damage, but because physical damage can be countered with armor it forces darius to decide if he wants to commit to a kill or not

Armed Weasel

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrrationalNoob View Post
TLDR: The estimated life span of champions in a team fight is TOO SHORT to allow this kind of design. And thus we have Darius like he is currently.
I'd like to mention that this flaw affects many of our beloved Noxians.

Draven relies on catching his axes, but the current cc > burst > cleanup meta often doesn't give Draven the time in a team fight to take advantage of catching his axes and getting a second or third one going. I love Draven and have played him a lot, and I get a serious high from seeing that third spinning axe in the air while I'm catching the first two, but everyone's dead by then, so that level of skill perhaps isn't rewarded.

Riven relies on manaless sustained combat, where she will fight you forever, back and forth with her dashes, surviving with her shield and her high base regen, and proccing her passive over and over. I love playing her like this with a Hexdrinker and Warden's Mail, but the meta is such that it's perhaps better to just stack some Bloodthirsters, the new cleaver, and mash all the abilities at once for burst and chain cc.

Swain relies on damage over time, healing over time. The master tactician keeps you from entering melee with the laserbird's slow, and keeps you from escaping by landing Nevermove. Again, the DoTs and HoTs take time and don't reach their full effect when the wombo combos start to land, and the mechanic of entering and exiting and reentering bird form smartly as the battle wears on to conserve mana doesn't see much use.

Cassiopeia, same deal. Keep the poison on them, sustained twin fang damage. She gets a speed boost from landing her noxious blast to chase, and her ultimate stops people stone cold from getting in her face.

Talon. His initial burst leaves you limping and bleeding. You're slowed from rake, you're taking additional damage from noxian diplomacy, the bleed is revealing you to Talon, and you're just waiting for him to mercifully finish you off. Unfortunately, the way we're playing, we just sort of mash all buttons on Talon and hope it's enough damage to kill the target, because we just don't have time.

Sion. His ult is perfect for sustaining a long battle for his whole team.

Anyway, yeah, the Darius Morello describes sounds fun, maybe more fun than the current Darius. But it's not going to be fun getting in the fight with Darius only to die before he can ramp up his power. If his play and general Noxian play is meant to force a fight to keep going and not allow the enemy to retreat and regroup, then well, getting burst from 100 to 0 can't happen quite so easily.

Sbeck

01-16-2013

Darius:
Ignore 25% armor(late game)
His W can make a basic attack double damage(late game)
His Q, make crazy damage.
Hemorrage...OMG
And...
Darius ult>No CD>True damage>OP

(I dont speak english good...sorry guys)