@Morello, IF you had your time again, how would you redesign DARIUS??

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ogaflow

01-16-2013

What about completely reworking his entire kit around? Something like this.

Passive: A 10 stack scaling physical dot but remove the speed up component.

Q: Keep the new idea of spreading out the stacks to additional targets but add a stipulation that only champions who take the bonus damage from the end of the weapon get the added stacks, everyone else just gets 1.

W: Remove the slow component, cooldown reduction and bonus damage. Have it double the number of stacks on the target it hits and give him a small movement speed buff per stack on all enemies within an area of him.

E: Remove the passive armor penetration mechanic, add a slow per level mechanic.

R: Add a armor penetration per stack passive to this that scales with rank. Also make his ultimate consume the stacks of his passive on the target hit.

Numbers aside because they would have to be changed. I think this kit would balance his feel out and remove the easy all in gameplay he currently has while simultaneously expanding his gameplay options.

With this setup it emphasizes using your skills in the right order to maximize effect while also leaving room for a bit of diversity in situations. Making the pull more effective if it lands while removing the once you get caught perma slow should solve the issue most of the players who feel get pulled, get killed face. This also allows for players to choose if they want to attempt to run from Darius or run to Darius to avoid taking large stacks of his passive, which since the armor pen is based around his ultimate AND stacks rather then just upfront gives them counter play. Darius himself also gains more gameplay options. He can choose to use his W early to gain an advantage on one champion or he can save it until a crowd appears and try to land his Q to spread out his passive to maximize his speed gain if he desires to run down the carry. It also prevents Darius from just walking up and spamming all his skills randomly and be effective since if he waits he can get to 5 stacks, hit W and be golden or see if a teamfight happens so he can pop Q then go for his patented chain dunking action like he can do now.

Haseo Azure

01-16-2013

3. As an opponent of a Darius, is there something I can do to mitigate his abilities so they are not as devastating.[/QUOTE]

Ya, there is no way for you to not be devastated by his abilities, he hits you three or four times and your down because his ultimate is just to much, and I know he's that powerful only because he is an ADC but uses mana. (unlike riven where they just go on CD).

ButtKnocker

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haseo Azure View Post
3. As an opponent of a Darius, is there something I can do to mitigate his abilities so they are not as devastating.
Ya, there is no way for you to not be devastated by his abilities, he hits you three or four times and your down because his ultimate is just to much, and I know he's that powerful only because he is an ADC but uses mana. (unlike riven where they just go on CD).[/QUOTE]

not adc....

KnightOfThorns

01-16-2013

good guy morello

Gramps69

01-16-2013

What if, since we're talking about the importance of the stacks, Darius's ultimate still did max true damage at 5 stacks, but anything under 5 stacks only does physical damage?

VegaTDM

01-16-2013

Morello, have you ever thought of giving Darius a bonetooth-like item? The free armor pen on his kit never set right with me. Could be an Axe or something, give small +ad and +Arpen and scale up when his ult resets, but down when he dies similar to bloodthirstier. Just an idea.

IceDragonMaster

01-16-2013

@The stacks change: having a jungler gank such as any champ with a stun or a slow would allow Darius to to easily reach 7-10 stacks.

I Am Whitebeard

01-16-2013

I'd make him black.

Orenin

01-16-2013

everyone knows only n00bs think darius is OP, im surprised morello took it this seriously.

LucidDreams

01-16-2013

ew\