@Morello, IF you had your time again, how would you redesign DARIUS??

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bungboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

How about this? Instead of having his E armor pen being a passive bonus, remove the passive bonus and give him increased armour pen to targets with hemorrhage stacks, and the more hemorrhage stacks he has on targets, the more armour pen he gets on those specific targets. Like just on paper it would work like this, 1 stack= +4% arpen to that target, so if Darius has 10 stacks he gets +40% armor pen on that target (not allies too, only himself).

This way he doesn't get free armour pen just for the sake of poking with QW, but if he manages to get into a drawn out fight, it gets harder to kite him or mitigate his damage, and then he's almost guaranteed to win because of his increased damage output. Also his bleed damage should be changed to physical so that it benefits from his increased arpen if he gets into a drawn out fight.

OneTobi

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasako View Post
maybe keep the passive as is but shift the numbers and push the stacks of his passive up to 6? takes slightly longer but isnt overkill and the damage would still end up being the same
I think that would be pretty fair.

6 seems alright, 10 is just stupid.

Viktorious Alekt

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I think the assumption is that he just is expected to get to 10 stacks to be effective. My expectation is that he can sometimes get to 10 stacks, but can hit a breakpoint where something is good to use before that, if he needs it faster. Basically, to create this, you can't let him reach max every time, but max should be obscene.
This is a little bit like Syndra. Theorically, she has a optimalistic max damage on her ultimate, but you still rarely have the chance to use the 7 balls ult. While there is an optimal way to do damage, it doesn't mean its the absolute way to go as any other alternatives (5 or 6 balls; 3 being a flop, 4 being meh, 5 being good, 6 being massive, 7 being godly) are still effective.

Bungboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTobi View Post
I think that would be pretty fair.

6 seems alright, 10 is just stupid.
Or make it a number in between and make Q and W apply two stacks

Banpan

01-15-2013

keeping your reworked idea in mind, I think the ult should only reset on kill if they have at least 5 stacks. This way Darius can't just walk up out of nowhere and clean up the fight with 5 ults in a row without putting any work in to get the kills.

Flame Angel

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushover242 View Post
I think that there are 2 major factors to deal with the current design of Darius.
Darius' strength right now is that when you go to fight him, his E decides when the fight is over, or at least allows him the last word. This means that if you calculate your damage wrong, he can punish you. This is not inherently a problem. The problem is that his W makes trying to trade hits with him nearly impossible because of the attack speed slow. This is Darius' first problem -- trading with him is impossible because you either don't have enough damage, or because you are reliant on at least a few autoattacks. Of the champions without sufficient damage, most have some sort of ability to outrange Darius, making Darius use his E to start a fight, allowing them to escape most of Darius' damage. The champions that cannot trade because of the attack speed slow have a much larger problem. I think removing the attack speed slow would alleviate much of the trouble with trading.

The other issue with Darius is that his ultimate, in a teamfight, needs to be used to kill. If he doesn't use it to kill, he either finds himself with a sudden drop in available damage (when he uses it, but fails to kill), or leaves someone alive to deal more damage (when he tries to let his team clean up). As a result, Darius is practically forced to use his ultimate to grab (almost) as many kills as possible. I would fix it by reducing the damage dealt by his ultimate, but making it reset like it did when it was released. This would also help his 'impossible to trade' issue, while still keeping with his theme of getting stacks on people, then dunking everyone.

This would also make him able to ult one person more than once, which would just be insane

Firefly Captain

01-15-2013

The only problem I have with Darius is that the cool-down refresh on his ult (which still resets sometimes when it doesn't deal the killing blow) makes his laning phase irrelevant. When spectating 2k elo matches I have seen ridiculously "shut down" Dariuses (0/4, 0/6, etc.) score Triple kills or suddenly rack up 7 or 8 kills in a few minutes of team-fighting, with only tank items. It's even worse 1500 and below. He has an ability of a carry without being a carry: his late-game is awful, but he can literally grab all the glory in mid-game.

Darius can make all the dunks he likes in the first three quarters of a game, but when it's time to make a game-winning three (ranged) in the final seconds, his teammates can't make the shot if they haven't touched the ball all game. Much of the discussion here has been about Darius's laning phase, but I think his presence in team-fights also needs to be looked at...The more influence Darius exerts on early teamfights actually hampers his team's later teamfights.

Khyphenris

01-15-2013

This has nothing to do with his kit but... I really, really hate it when Darius ults and you flash when he is in the middle of his animation.. he still cuts you in half after you're completely out of harms way.

moltres27

01-15-2013

@morello is need to write in Ms word. but the problem is i cant afford it. is there anyother free software that allows you to mace docx Files ? thanks

Kenzo84

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by morello View Post
"fixed a bug where she could use broken wings 5 times in a row"

"fixed a bug where she could just walk through jarvan cataclysm with valor already
activated"

"fixed a bug where she could still use broken wings, ki burst and blade of the exile while in ga effect"

"fixed a bug where she could use broken wings while being snared,silenced or stunned"
omg thank you morello i love you