Jungle Invading

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wishing Umbreon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2012

I just started playing ranked and I've noticed one thing in common with some of my losses. They all involve the enemy team invading our jungle and killing me. To make matters worse, this usually happens when I'm mid, giving the enemy mid a huge advantage over me and killing me again (this leads to my team QQing at me). Any tips on how to counter or see this strategy ahead of time? Also is this one of those things I will foresee more easily with experience?

ZOMGTURTLE

03-07-2012

If you're mid and you're getting killed by their invasion, you're either standing in a poor spot as you watch for invasion, or you're getting killed when you leash, which means you either need to stand in a better spot or run down and around after you leash and give up those first few minions.

SaywordQ69

03-07-2012

If ur having this issue you really need to ward dude... Most problems ive seen is mid lack of warding ward close to the entrance of your jungle and that'll help you avoid getting ganked to, and their probably yelling at u cuz your map awareness there is typically no reason for their mid to beat you to any play in your jungle unless it's pre coordinated which is rare in solo q try just paying more attention to plays you can make. I jungle a lot and I usually type to my mid if I'm expecting an invade so they can be on their toes but most people aren't that wise to let you know so warding is your best option

LegendaryHobos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2012

Know your match ups. Don't pick champions that are vastly weaker at the jungle then your enemy. If you can't then it helps to pick junglers that are overall strong in the jungle already. An example would be picking amumu VS lee sin, any good lee sin would counter jungle amumu till he cries (which is pretty quick, since its amumu). Slow clearing is also a problem, even if your a strong duelist.
If the enemy jungler has been invading your jungler, then keep some wards handy and do your best to keep track of buff spawns, and during an encounter try to alert your allies of this problem ASAP and hope they're smart enough to come help.

ShowMeTheBooty

03-07-2012

I know the annoyance of this, because when I wanted to learn how to jungle I had consistent rival junglers invading me whether it's early game or around the 5 to 10 minute mark.

Like everyone else has already said, you're better off warding parts like outside your wraith camp (it works on both sides of the map) or bottom's tribush. Sometimes if you're on the blue side it's nice to ward slightly close to baron but more to where you can see if anyone were to go towards your blue buff.

From what I've seen, the wraith camp is the best part to ward, because most invaders go through that way, bottom's tribush is usually warded for you, and top lane has a ward near the blue buff entrance anyway.

Also, if you're invaded early game and you survive, start at a different spot (ie they stole your blue so now you get your wraiths or golems first). The jungle gives you mana now, so jungling w/o blue on a champion that needs it hurts but not as bad as it used to.

Blitkun

03-08-2012

My tip is having your team's support using Clairvoyance efficiently. Most of the times teams will give up invading if spotted early - and if not, you're better prepared.
Keep in mind that the purpose of invading is messing up with the enemy jungler and getting First Blood + Assists. If your team fears a powerful invasion (for example, enemy team has a very strong level 1 comp, with some hard CC and damage), stick together with the jungler - general instruction on invasion is to avoid teamfights, since the defensive positions at jungle are usually better (unless your team's level 1 is awful weak). Wait at a nearby brush, leash, wait for their initiation and gank 5v5 at level 1.
Well, at least FB will eventually come out, as well as some assists. Just try to get FB, and nail their carries - the experience lost can be somewhat substantial.

As a mid, prioritize your survival - if needed, back off and wait for things to get calm again. Just don't leave your team 2v5.

cpandarun

03-08-2012

When you start quick buy and run down to the river. Enter the bush by wolves that wraps around and enter the big bush that leads into the river. Stand at the tip of it in front of the small bush and by the side of the river bushes and just wait. This position should give you ample time to spot and escape the standard jungle invasion. If you're top or bottom lane isn't there to protect you usually it's better to just back off and let them invade because they'll probably bring their whole team with them.

If they are taking blue have your support cv or possibly drop a ward so your jungler can possibly steal it. Really since there's nothing much happening for the first 2 minutes your whole team should go to wherever your jungler starts and protect them because invasions are a favorite tactics of people who like to snowball an early victory and it's not like they're doing anything else while they wait.

Wishing Umbreon

03-09-2012

Thanks for the advice. +1 for everyone.

AMonkeyCourier

03-09-2012

When you're covering, don't be one of those ******* who stand in a position that makes fog cover the area from which the enemy invades. I've first blooded so many spastics who stand right against the wall and end up right in melee range of me the moment I clear the fog.

chaosguardian74

12-09-2012

if u see them invading (clairvoyance ftw), invade their blue. Simple.