Is it really smart to force someone into a position they aren't equipped for?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NitroWeasel3k

12-09-2012

During season 2 I played support for my crew most of the time. I started cross training myself to play mid when we needed someone to fill in. I am finding more and more recently that people want to PUSH you into positions you may not be any good at or even be equipped for. I am seeing more people call out "Support" and less "Mid/ADC" calls after the changes made to the mastery trees for pre season. Honestly I worked hard to become a decent support. Once I found the position I was good in I stuck mainly to buying champs that fit into my style of play. This brings me to my biggest problem. I am NOT a good ADC. NOT AT ALL. I own very few ADC champs and when I DO play them I am far from carrying the team. This brings me to the point of this whole post. Is it really a good idea to push someone into a position they aren't good at or they don't own champs for? I am totally ok with someone joining a game and selecting their favorite champ. I am guilty of this. HOWEVER I don't lock in until the rest of the team has made up their minds. Many times I will sit on a support champ then someone else will select Sona auto lock and say "I'm already support. switch." I try to create an even playing environment for my team and it seems to shoot me in the foot. Any advice!? Any opinions?

doomed2death

12-09-2012

Play with friends. I loathe the solo queue personally (though I do play it often). My best results come from playing with friends who know how to form a successful team comp.

And it is a bad idea to force somebody into a position like that. I know because I can do most roles but I'm a pretty bad adc. But I have to manage when that's what the team needs. It's not a good idea for my team but hey, it's a good idea for me if I want my team to be successful.

Guy on a bus

12-09-2012

If you are solo queue then you have to learn how to play all roles effectively. It's part of the game. I don't really consider you a hardcore gamer until you learn every single champ, how to play them, how to counter them and basic item build for each genre of champ.

Drace Sylvanian

12-10-2012

Yep. So that way they do poorly, and you are everyone else can report them to get them banned. Because, you know, the Tribunal works just fine.