Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dealing with 2v1 Top Lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fycus

12-10-2012

Quote:
Joe10112:
I've come up into the problem many times when playing, that I get stuck in a 2v1 Lane. (Me being the 1 person). For example, I was playing as Darius, with I think Rengar as my Jungler, against a Master Yi + Kog'Maw Top Lane. Early game I should have had the advantage, but they kept on out-damaging me over and over. Alpha Strike from Master Yi, and Kog'Maw using his AA Enhancer to poke me from afar made it impossible for me to return damage. Every time I'd come up close, Kog Maw would use his slow, Master Yi would alpha strike, and I'd be too far behind. I lost that lane pretty hard, but ended up winning the game anyway with a decent score when it was teamfight stage.

2v1 Top Lanes happen quite frequently at my Level (~20), so how should I deal with them if I'm the 1 person? (I generally play Jayce or Darius top, although I do also own Wukong and Vladimir as well, both of which I also enjoy playing).

I reccomend taking someone with high sustainability (like Garen) or someone who has long poke range that is easy to buy pots on (like nidalee)

Fycus

12-10-2012

Quote:
BadPlayer6:
If you're facing down a 2v1 lane, the most important thing is to protect your turret. Not to kill them, or even to farm. Now then, you obviously want to farm, but don't go for that 1 cs if it means you're going to take a ton of harass and then be low enough that you have to back or you're going to get killed, don't go all-in and make a 1-for-1 trade, because it just means the 1 you didn't kill is going to take your turret, etc. Teleport isn't a bad option, since it means you can quickly get back to lane when you recall to protect turret.

Don't expect to have as great of cs as you usually do, especially in the first few waves. Stay in exp range, take the scraps of cs that you can, and when you've gained a few levels you'll be in a much better position to farm.

Keep tabs on whether the other team has wards, and let your jungler know. And if you know you're not good at 2v1ing, let your jungler know at the beginning of the game that you're going to need extra help/ganks. You can also ask mid for ganks, depending on the champ.

Darius' biggest weakness is being kited, so yeah, you were in a pretty bad position there. I don't play too much of any of the champs you mentioned but... Jayce sounds to me like he'd be a pretty solid 2v1er. He can farm (relatively) safely in ranged form, and he has a disengage/knockback in melee form. Wukong would probably also be good, since to farm you can E in and W out. Vlad might be a bit tricky, since he doesn't have such a great earlygame.

One champion I've found is surprisingly good at 2v1ing is Pantheon. He can farm/poke from a distance with Q, can set up/help with jungle ganks with his W, and can get back to lane quickly with his ult.

Sadly his ult no longer covers the whole map(like Gangplank's) so i would reccomend teleport opposed to his ult for coming back to lane quickly

Joe10112

12-10-2012

Thanks for all the help guys, but you are suggesting are "Counter-Picks" to the Duo Top. However, I play Blind Pick, so I can't guarantee that I'll be able to "Counter" them. (i.e. "Pick _______, he can 2v1 well". But the ideas are helpful!

whatever L

12-11-2012

2v1 lane you should really use rumble for that because 1. his q has quite a good range to farm safely 2. his harpoon can finish off minions pretty well 3. he can sometimes 2v1 with ulti on and burst down 1 target really quickly b4 switching to the other 1

since its 2v1 lane so your enemies wont have a jungler which means there wont be any ganks coming up against you and rumble's only weakness is overpushing and getting ganked. so in a 2v1 lane you dont even need to worry abt that.

Uncanny Doom

12-11-2012

It's the jungler's job to relieve pressure so the tower doesn't go down which will force early roaming. It's your job to get what farm you can, not die in lane, and be able to capitalize on jungler ganks well. It's a good idea to pick good 2v1 champions such as Jayce, Yorick, Cho'Gath, Olaf, Vladimir, or Rumble. Keep in mind that when it's 2v1 due to a lack of a jungler, that means your jungler can give you a starting blue buff and just take the one in the other jungle. This can allow champs like Yorick or Olaf to really heavily harass people in a 2v1 lane as well as farm safely.

Dory

12-11-2012

sustain champs, and good champs that can farm under tower are pretty good.

HornyGundam

12-11-2012

either you have to cs under tower and wait for your jungler, or you have to get a lane that can sustain well,like malphite and chogath etc

Warlighter

05-19-2013

on nidalee i consistently win 2V1 top lane, i'm also level 25. all i do is chuck spears at them until they're low, when i'm level 6 i jump in and kill one, then back. with a little luck he'll try to tower dive me, but that usually doesn't happen so i just heal up and do the same again
i actually do a glass cannon build because i never get touched, my favorite was a triple kill without tower when hecarim tried to gank me (they went for 2 top/jungler/1 bot)

VenPolypheme

05-19-2013

If their doing 2vs1, your going to have to accept probably not going to get much kills or CS. However, if their duo top, then that means they have no jungler to keep the mid and bot lanes from over extending, so you can tell your team to just push without worry. Most likely when people go duo top the duo top team wins top lane but loses the others. Junglers are important

You could also just call to mid for some help every now and then, but only ask for help if their either winning or already killed the enemy tower (in which case they should already be helping you anyway...)

Also, you could play someone with more sustain like Garen or Kayle or Nidalee. Kayle will probably fit better because she can poke from afar and is a bit tanky with that heal of hers.