Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why Nerf ArPen on BC/Brut?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jazman84

12-09-2012

Now, I totally understand the need to make it a unique passive, but jeez does it have to be lowered?

Brutalizer was pretty much the only AD item that didn't have it's cost reduced for the S3 pre-patch, now it's ArPen is being reduced?

Can't BC's ArPen simply be made unique and see how it goes?

GG Riot, dropping the ball with BC, so they nerf Brutalizer.

Kard1nal

12-09-2012

Yea i was confused why they even made it non-unique in the first place... The stats on it are GREAT! But being able to stack it? Just... why? Pretty much every other passive is unique. Riot really dropped the ball on that.

NuFonZ

12-09-2012

keep everything the same, but change it to unique passive instead.

+250 Health
+50 Attack Damage

UNIQUE Passive: +10% Cooldown Reduction
UNIQUE Passive: +15 Armor Penetration
UNIQUE Passive: Dealing physical damage to an enemy champion reduces their Armor by 7.5% for 4 seconds. This effect stacks up to 4 times.

Since The Brutalizer has the same UNIQUE Passive on Cdr and ArmPen, and see the statistics how it goes

Darth Melkor

12-09-2012

Agreed. I'd bet money that this is an overnerf. All that really needs to be done is the UNIQUE passives, the stats should be left alone. I don't get Riot sometimes... I really don't.

IonDragonX

12-09-2012

Quote:
NuFonZ:
keep everything the same, but change it to unique passive instead.
+250 Health
+50 Attack Damage
UNIQUE Passive: +10% Cooldown Reduction
UNIQUE Passive: +15 Armor Penetration
UNIQUE Passive: Dealing physical damage to an enemy champion reduces their Armor by 7.5% for 4 seconds. This effect stacks up to 4 times.
Since The Brutalizer has the same UNIQUE Passive on Cdr and ArmPen, and see the statistics how it goes

Seeing as how it was supposed to be an AD caster item, I'd make the CDR stackable. Leave the armor pen unique.

BAM SpiceWeasel

12-09-2012

Quote:
IonDragonX:
Seeing as how it was supposed to be an AD caster item, I'd make the CDR stackable. Leave the armor pen unique.

The whole point of these changes is to make it non-appealing to stack them. Making the CDR unique also solves the problem. I personally think it would be balanced at:

250HP
50AD
Unique Passive: 10% CDR
Unique Passive: 15ArPen
Unique Passive: 6.25% per stack

Xanthus730

12-09-2012

Cleaver, Last Whisper and a brutalizer

Armor Penetration:
8% from Masteries
-6 from Masteries
~-10 from Runes (?)
-25 from Brutal+Cleaver
-35% from Last Whisper
-30% from Black Cleaver stacks

-41 from Runes/Masteries/Items after ~58.14% (multiplicative stacking of 8%*35%*30%) Pen/Reduce from Runes/Masteries/Items.

Turns 200 armor to 75 or less even if BC is Unique.

So, yeah, I think it needs a little nerf...not huge, but something.

BAM SpiceWeasel

12-09-2012

Quote:
Xanthus730:
Cleaver, Last Whisper and a brutalizer

Armor Penetration:
8% from Masteries
-6 from Masteries
~-10 from Runes (?)
-25 from Brutal+Cleaver
-35% from Last Whisper
-30% from Black Cleaver stacks

-41 from Runes/Masteries/Items after ~58.14% (multiplicative stacking of 8%*35%*30%) Pen/Reduce from Runes/Masteries/Items.

Turns 200 armor to 75 or less even if BC is Unique.

So, yeah, I think it needs a little nerf...not huge, but something.

Sweet so if someone bothers 2 spend 3 item slots on armour pen they can kill tanks, kind of... 75 is still a lot...

Xanthus730

12-09-2012

In a game earlier today I was playing singed vs a riven. Those were her only 3 items. I had 200 armor and nearly 4k hp, and she 4 shotted me.

These 3 items make tanks 100% worthless. You literally cannot build enough tank to combat them. (before you say thornmail, it only works vs autoattacks.)

Dryad Soraka

12-09-2012

Yes, because it's too powerful. Even a base armor pen nerf is justified.

Doesn't matter if you can stack them, most people are going to get full stacks within a second or two anyway (Pantheon, Garen. Not sure why their abilities trigger it).