IceBorn Gauntlet

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeLanmere

01-26-2013

I've also used it on Draven, and it's also pretty scary on him. Every time you catch an axe the cooldown on his W refreshes, which procs Iceborn Gauntlet. So you can run in, poke with a slow, run back and catch your axe, and repeat. It's worked well in all the games I've tried it in with him so far.

FreeGothitelle

01-26-2013

On draven you'd have to deal with your team complaining that you're building an item with AP on him.
Though people who buiild it (Ez, nasus, ryze, sometimes sona) don't build it for the AP, they build it for the sheen proc and slow, so it's a silly complaint.

ChiSqrd

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceSick View Post
Ummm...I put it on Twisted Fate (I still go Hybrid TF) and have had some pretty cool results. Then again im a noob.
Yeah, hybrid TF is for idiots.

Cards and Dice

01-28-2013

This item. This frickin' item. I build it on Jax, and he just is really strong now. I know this will get me flames, but I don't get Triforce anymore because of this item along with Zephyr. Iceborn Gauntlets already have the Sheen proc AND the Frozen Mallet proc, and Zephyr gives more MS to chase enemies trying to escape. Of course, it's at the cost of extra health and crit chance, but those two items together are SO WORTH IT. And they BOTH GIVE CDR. What better item would you get over Triforce for a cheaper price?

Jax still dies to Yorick, Malphite and Morde, but it should teach Darius QQ-ers to stop raging about him. Maybe. As far as I've seen, people are still convinced Darius is too stronk for everyone.

Titanomagnus

01-28-2013

That glove is the 'shizzle 'fo 'rizzle.

I've used it on champs that don't even benefit too greatly from the +60 AP just for its other benefits, including the AoE Slow, let's not even talk about the CD redux and the huge mana boost.

Absolutely love this item to death- so versatile.

The Lord Impaler

01-29-2013

I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes Melee only considering the craziness it's giving to Ranged ADC's.

BTW Gangplank Q also Procs it exactly the same as Ez Q.

3mptylord

01-29-2013

Frozen Mallet really needs to have higher AD to make the item worth considering over Iceborn Gauntlet (unless you scale with health, that is). Iceborn Gauntlet has a DPS of 62.5% AD, while Frozen Mallet has 40 flat AD at your attack speed. Heck, if it wasn't for Trinity Force, I'd say change Phage to build from Pickaxe and Health Crystal - but that would be too much AD for Trinity Force.

The Jubmeistah

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards and Dice View Post
This item. This frickin' item. I build it on Jax, and he just is really strong now. I know this will get me flames, but I don't get Triforce anymore because of this item along with Zephyr. Iceborn Gauntlets already have the Sheen proc AND the Frozen Mallet proc, and Zephyr gives more MS to chase enemies trying to escape. Of course, it's at the cost of extra health and crit chance, but those two items together are SO WORTH IT. And they BOTH GIVE CDR. What better item would you get over Triforce for a cheaper price?

Jax still dies to Yorick, Malphite and Morde, but it should teach Darius QQ-ers to stop raging about him. Maybe. As far as I've seen, people are still convinced Darius is too stronk for everyone.
This is exactly how I feel about IBG, Jax is amazing with it, and I'm happy to use it over Tri-Force, the stats you lose from tri-force can easily be regained by a warmogs and a zephyr. Im absolutely loving this item!