Counter Jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lee Is My Name

03-13-2013

I pretty much exclusively jungle. It's all I do for the most part. And while I'm great at clearing, ganking and keeping lane presence, two things allude me. Counter-jungling, and being counter-jungled.

Any advice would be great. Thanks

totalwar235

03-13-2013

counter jungling is for jungles that cannot gank. basically they enter the opponent's jungle and proceed to clear it before they are caught. sometimes you can catch the other jungle and kill them.

the jungles that do this would be a chogath with his own lanes winning, mundo, tryndamere if he is jungling, WW and maybe nunu.

to defend your jungle you need wards at your enterances and wait for the other guy to enter you trap and proceed to kill them.

Lee Is My Name

03-13-2013

How do you know when you should counter-jungle? My main is Vi, and she's not the greatest 1v1 unless she is decently fed. Should I just attempt it if all my lanes are pushed up and I have nowhere to gank?

Also, what do you do if you've warded your buffs, but an enemy, let's say Xin Zhao, is taking it. I know I can't 1v1 a Xin Zhao, how can I stop him?

HingoftheKill

03-13-2013

Some of the best suggestions:

If you know that the enemy has a slower clear-speed, get your team to help you kill blue without using smite, and then immediately head to the enemy red and take that (using smite). You can then wait for him and gank him, or go and gank a lane with double-buff.

Similarly, know the timers for the buffs - most junglers start at Blue, so you can expect the enemy's Blue to be back up at about 7:05-7:10. If he is in another lane you can be prepared and take it before he gets there.

In general, if you have the time grab some of his wraiths or wolves, but overall you are better off looking for ganks, or to think about where the enemy might gank, and go there yourself (to countergank)

As a final tip when counterjungling, to have the most effect you should only kill the large minion from the camp (or at most all but one small). This way it will not reset the timer on the camp, and the enemy jungler will be further denied exp/gold/buffs.

Doom0nyou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2013

To answer the last part - if you know that xin is at your blue or red, ping and ask your mid/top or mid/bot to help you kill him. You'll set him way back.

jim061

03-13-2013

play dr. mundo

Etherimp

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalwar235 View Post
counter jungling is for jungles that cannot gank. basically they enter the opponent's jungle and proceed to clear it before they are caught. sometimes you can catch the other jungle and kill them.

the jungles that do this would be a chogath with his own lanes winning, mundo, tryndamere if he is jungling, WW and maybe nunu.

to defend your jungle you need wards at your enterances and wait for the other guy to enter you trap and proceed to kill them.

This is totally wrong.